Malek's Gallery

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Iliana Malek, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Iliana Malek

Iliana Malek Lieutenant Red Shirt

Since it's spring break and I don't have any school assignments, I've been using my free time to draw up some of the characters from the Cardassian RP I'm a part of. They're up in my dA gallery - http://abayomi.deviantart.com/gallery/37325278

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cool Cardassian arts :D

3. werdegast

werdegast Lieutenant Red Shirt

Very nice. Is Kotra something you developed?

4. Iliana Malek

Thank you, both. :) Yes, the rules for Kotra were something I developed from watching the episode "Empok Nor", and by looking at the script notes and such, and the board design and markings are from John Eaves' concept art and screenshots from the episode. I figured that if there was klin zha and rules for tongo, there should be rules for kotra, as well! :)

5. werdegast

Your art has led me to investigate the Cardassians.

Would you know of more information even (fan-speculation) concerning the Hebitians?

I have checked out memory-alpha.org, memory-beta.wikia.com, etc...

6. Iliana Malek

Nerys Ghemor has some Hebitian-based fanfics. She's also on dA. :) I'm working on a piece (more of a scholarly paper than a fanfic) about the end of the Hebitian culture, which I should have up soon. :) I'm also working on some more Hebitian drawings.

Unfortunately, there isn't a lot to go on. Hebitians are mentioned only in passing in the shows, and I don't recall there being much in TrekLit either. :-/ I'm doing some research right now that's eventually going to be a fic about the transition from the Second Hebitian Revival into the Cardassian Republic, but it's slow going, so it probably won't be up for a while. If you want to discuss Hebitian culture more, you can always pose questions to my fellow Cardassians - http://cardassia.b1.jcink.com/

7. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Excellent work!

8. werdegast

Thanks for the info and all the hard work you have put into this. I will check out the web site. :techman:

I am already dreaming of a Hebitian culture lasting into the TOS time. (TOS is my favorite Trek)

9. Iliana Malek

By all accounts, Hebitian civilizations was wiped out long before the TOS era. The modern Cardassian society began about 500 years ago, and there were several periods of instability before that, cultural revivals and political upheavals and things like that. But, by Kirk's time, modern Cardassia would have been firmly established.

10. werdegast

Oh, I know, that is why it is a dream. ;)

11. Iliana Malek

Hehe! Well, you know, there are always alternate realities. ;)

12. werdegast

Most of my Star Trek ideas end up in alternate realities. Something like 10 seconds to the left. :cardie: