The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I think he was just batshit crazy.

2. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

He was crazy. And he'd lost hope. I rewatched the scene where Lori talked to him. You can see him deflate. It's in his eyes. Like a person with a sliver of hope who is denied. Her addition of "I'm not sure whose baby is this" in addition to her apology was the catalyst. It was an incredibly stupid thing for her to add to the apology knowing how unstable he was and she did know. She suspected Otis, and had she forgotten him not keeping his hands to himself at the CDC? No, no, no...it's not your baby even if it is your baby.....well, actually I'm not sure. Let me flash my doe eyes at you and send mixed signals even though you're a dangerous person. :rolleyes: That girl has no sense.

3. pork3

pork3 Commander

Might explain why her brat son continues to roam about without supervision, and can also explain why he raised a gun to his own father (I mean, wtf...).

-Jamman

4. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it's a new world with new rules. survival of the fittest aginst zombies. you fuck up in some small way then you and your group could wind up dead or become the the walking dead.

I am so ready for the season finale tonight. bring on the body count.

5. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In Carl's case, I think it's a kid with a completely reasonable diagnosis of PTSD. In Lori's case I think we're going to see (or least have it hinted) that she was no great shakes as a wife or mom even before the zombie apocalypse.

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ I agree with that.

Yeah, suicide by buddy cop is most reasonable interpretation, I think.

7. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

So I've been reading World War Z and the part about the ISS was interesting to say the least but when I read that the
    Crew of the nuclear Chinese submarine spotted the HMS Victory sailing I couldn't help but wonder if the USS Constitution was at sail too.

8. timothy

I am so glad that Rick is dead he should've been dead well before the break.

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

What...Wait, where has the Finale aired, it doesn't in the states for a couple more hours?

Unless of course, you mean Shane?

Otherwise, that was really cold to shout out before the episode airs, I was still expecting discussion of Last Week's episode for a couple more hours.

10. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I'm looking forward to the finale tonight. After a underwhelming first half, I feel like the second half of this season has been steadily improving and I'm eager to see the finale. Last week's episode was especially excellent and very well directed. If we get more like that then I'll be happy.

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Rick isn't going to die any time soon. He is the MAIN character right now. I see him lasting the entire series.

12. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Yeah, Rick and Carl most likely have the thickest plot armor of any characters. I can't see either of them dying in the comics or the TV show any time soon.

Hell I bet if they are somehow bitten they'd end up having plot immunity too.

13. timothy

my bad, I get those two confused.

now the real question is will we lose another main character tonight and why is'nt this ep extended?

14. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Pure guess work on my part, but I can't see Herschel surviving this. I hope Maggie does, for Glenn's sake. Another female character would do the show well. Then again, Maggie dying would provide a catalyst for Glenn's character to change.

15. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

I can see us losing a couple of minor characters tonight like Hershel and T-Dog dying, but I can't imagine another main character dying. 3 in a row is insane.

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

How many shells does that shotgun hold?

17. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

However many the script says...

And now we will spend half of next season trying to get the crew back together...

18. timothy

well with this mysterious group thats out I am hoping the leader calls himself the govener.

19. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

That finale really kicked this show into high gear. Looking forward to where it leads us.

20. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

That was actually a pretty good episode.

As a fan of the comics, there were definitely two big geek out moments with the prison and the hooded woman with the zombie pets. As you can see, I had my worries about them setting up Season 3 with them wandering around trying to find each other, which doesn't look like will happen.

The deaths this episode felt like trimming the heard so to speak. Patricia and Jimmy were more or less not needed nor did they add too much. Truth be told, I had to look up their names in the first place. So, now we have a much smaller group going into the third season, which I think will be for the better.