star trek collector challange.

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by captain jeff, Jan 27, 2009.

1. captain jeff

captain jeff Guest

2. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

What exactly do you want to know?

3. captain jeff

captain jeff Guest

what is it?where is it from?what is it worth?is there really only 6 in existence?Thanks

4. captain jeff

captain jeff Guest

im a collector of rare odds and ends and I just want to know if what the seller says is true.Ive looked everywhere on the internet including every blueprint list and everywhere else I can think of and haven't found one shred of info.Ive seen that all blueprints ive seen are made of paper and this one seems to be like fibre glass or something with gold etching or something.

5. Kirkunit

Kirkunit Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't know specifically what that is, but it appears to be a collection of views from David Kimble's Star Trek: The Motion Picture blueprints. I have the original packet of 14 sheets which are similarly credited to Kimble & Probert. Kimble also famously produced the cutaway poster of the refit 1701. The "Released" date of 7912.7 also corresponds to the movie release date of December 7th, 1979. (I know this because my birthday is December 7th!)

I don't know enough about collectibles to know if what the seller is claiming is true. It looks like the print was produced in 1992, not exactly a milestone year for Star Trek. 1991 would have been ST's 25th anniversary and also the year ST: VI came out, so the poster wouldn't have been produced to commemorate anything specifically.

Hope this helps, however little.

6. Bernard Guignard

Bernard Guignard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Those Look like the Chrome Art TMP Blueprints that use to be sold at conventions and speciality stores.

I have a set placarded but they sold other versions also

7. captain jeff

captain jeff Guest

Thank you very much for your time and effort.I can't find any info on them at all so im assuming it could be a rare item.Im hoping for some more definitive info before I make a purchase.Any idea what its worth?People on this site don't seem to know much about it.Thats got to count for something id think,meaning it could be a rare item.Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2009
  8. captain jeff

captain jeff Guest

well if any one of the thousands maybe millions people who went to one of those conventions over the years on this site has one of these,or has seen one exactly like it.Please post a picture of it.Thanks..btw,why can't I put up an avatar?

9. USS Jack Riley

USS Jack Riley Captain Captain

Captain Jeff - the reason you can't post an avatar is the same for why you can't post pictures. You need to have 100 posts before you can do either. It is a spam deterrent. Once you hit 100 posts,you should be good to go.

BTW, welcome aboard!