Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Admiral Buzzkill, May 23, 2013.

1. Neumann

Neumann Captain Captain

Please make it Brad Bird! HE already works with Bad Robot & Skydance etc :P

2. Beyerstein

Beyerstein Captain Captain

3. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. talfe'anhar

talfe'anhar Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Getting back to speculation on the next movie, I dont' know if this has already been suggested, but what if Khan's blood messes Kirk up somehow, turns him dark while they are out there exploring, and Spock and the crew have to figure out how to save him, before he does something really bad.

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I'm not sure that particular "turns him dark" idea has been raised, but I do recall suggestions that the possibility of further consequences for Kirk might be a story thread worth following.

McCoy: "You're not dead, Jim... "
    Kirk: " ... but ... ?"
    McCoy: "Exactly."​

6. talfe'anhar

I remember an interview with Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto where Chris actually said he'd like to see Kirk "go dark". It seems almost too easy that he'd be brought back to life with Khan's blood and have that be the end of it. As long as they save him, and of course they will, it would be a great story concept. It would also be a chance for Pine to show off his acting skills.

7. geneo

geneo Lieutenant Red Shirt

And a way to bring back the old Kirk (Shatner) to set Pine back on the right path.

8. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

As much as I would have loved to see is happen at one time, I think that ship has sailed now.

9. talfe'anhar

Really, 137th Gebirg? It could be a delayed reaction. But it might not be a good enough storyline, unless he allies with the Klingons or something. But they would just want to kill him since they most likely blame him for what happened on Kronos. It would have to be some race that wants to wipe out the Klingons and tries to use Kirk to help them. As long as there is a 3rd film, I really don't care what the storyline is!

10. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

OMG, this is just bad, just bad...Its like Trek is getting star wars left overs.

JJ exists the chair to go do the great star wars and trek now get a director who is second rated to JJ...urgh.

please get the director from the first Thor film instead or Iron man 1 and 2 director.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  11. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'll wait until I see the actual product before criticizing those who may be involved or the film itself.

12. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

The 'Can't Wait to Hate' crowd? Already?

13. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

They had to get started sometime.

14. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

I meant the Shatner thing, not the "dark Kirk" thing. :)

I actually do like the idea of a "dark Kirk" having some kind of reaction from augment blood and could make quite a good storyline. Make the villain of the next movie out of the hero of the last. Would be uncommon in the Star Trek world, and may be extremely interesting, if done right. They could go a step further and pull Khan out of deep freeze to stop Kirk! There will doubtless be those detractors who will accuse NuTrek of raping their childhood over that over-the-top role-reversal and blah, blah, but I think it could be a hella wild ride, personally.

But for the writers to pull a contrivance out of their collective asses to bring back Shatner for the next one? Nah...I'm a major Shat fan and I wouldn't want to see that. Like I said, the ship has sailed on that one, and I think Bill was right to stay away - it would likely have been nothing more than throw-away stunt-casting. Let this new crew flourish in their own right.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  15. talfe'anhar

Oh, OK, I get it. Shatner- no. But dark Kirk? Bring it on! I think Chris Pine could do a great dark version of Kirk, and have Spock and Bones frantically trying to bring him back before it's too late. They didn't go through everything they did to lose him again! And to have Khan thawed out to help them? Yikes! Then will they give him and his people that planet they gave them in TOS? That could work.

16. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

So in other words, in three films, you would never get to see a proper Kirk. Part 1 and 2 are all about hotshot Kirk becoming mature, and Part 3 would be about Kirk being bad for most of the film?

17. talfe'anhar

No, I want to see a proper Kirk. I'm just throwing out ideas. It is an alternate reality though, so who knows?

18. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

'Proper' Kirk?

For the original TOS movies, we were made to suffer through Kirk's mid-life crisis.

19. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

I was discussing this with a Voyager fan at the bookshop.
    She's in the right demographic (about 20 or so) so her opinion has to count.
    She'd like to see the actual Star Trek actors from VOY in the next movie. Then everyone would want to see it.
    They could pepper every background scene of admirals or captains or crew in the next movie with Star Trek alumini. They'd just be extras with no speaking parts. They could be from VOY or TNG or DS9 or TOS or ENT.

20. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

^Tell her to watch Star Trek: Renegades when it's done. It's practically a Voyager reunion, minus Mulgrew and Ryan.
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dfhWr9l1NI[/YT]