Was Picard gay?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by john titor, Jan 14, 2010.

1. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Oh, I didn't mean to frighten you. I jest. More heterosexual than Frankie is impossible.

2. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Frank is before my time - finding out he might be gay would be far less harmful than finding out George Michael was gay. Oh wait. . . .

I think some people cling to idealized versions of characters in their heads more because of what it tells them about themselves than the world.

I survived George Michael's coming out very well - I still love his music and have discovered that who he loves or any other person's love objects are none of my bidness!

It's not like there is so much love in this world anyone should say no to it!

3. CommanderRaytas

I don't remember that particular coming out....

As for me, I don't care either way, except when it interferes with my fangirl fantasies, but none of the celebs I think are hot have come out, so.... :p

4. KimMH

KimMH Drinking your old posts Premium Member

Poor George Michael - did he call a press conf and make his announcement? Throw a gorgeous glitzy party? No - he got himself arrested in a public restroom a' la Pee Wee Herman. *sigh!*

I survived that and it's really okay - it's not like he suddenly stopped returning my calls or anything! :shifty:

5. CommanderRaytas

Ah yeah, I remember that. He released that single afterwards where he makes fun of his own predicament. That was pretty cool. I'm not much of a George Michael fan, so I wasn't bothered either way.... but this kind of thing doesn't disturb me anyhow. I mean, I like guys who wear eyeliner (sometimes at least).

Did we get any of these gay threads anywhere else? It's amazing how in every forum I post, there's always threads about someone's sexuality. I'm willing to bet it's always the same guy.

6. Ryan Thomas Riddle

Ryan Thomas Riddle Vice Admiral Admiral

These threads remind me of this Kids in the Hall sketch.

Or in the words of Tommy Wieseau, director of the cult hit The Room, "I'm not ignoring your question. It's a good question, but it's kinda ridiculous dontcha think?"

7. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ah, and here's the (slightly paranoic) catch all thread. To save time on outing those fiendish homosexuals :lol:

8. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

No. And these threads are getting tiresome - so I suppose that means that they are destined to continue.

9. RegFan

RegFan Commodore Commodore

According to Jandrew Edits, all TNG characters are gay or at least it seems like it.Thus far, Picard, Riker, Worf, Geordi, Data and Thomas Riker (I assume that that second Riker is Thomas Riker) have all been gay in those edits.

10. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

No, just British.

11. CommanderRaytas

There is nothing more heterosexual than thousands of men hugging and patting each other on the butt after their football team scores a goal. Oh wait. :D

Everyone's gay!

12. cybersoldier

cybersoldier Commander Red Shirt

13. Pseudo

Pseudo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm sure he's an open minded 24th century guy. Maybe we're all bi-sexual by then?

14. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

The more interesting question is what Data's sexual orientation was.

Asexual?

Omnisexual (meaning he's into women, men, and other robots... he was "fully functional" after all)?

A bit of both (asexual until "activated" by others... like Tasha or the Borg Queen)?

15. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

No. The man lusted after Beverly (and rightly so). No man could do that and be gay.

16. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good question. I think probably option 3.

17. Lord Garth FOI

Lord Garth FOI Commander Red Shirt

Obviously gay
    Sucking on his flute with glee, tea with the pinkie pointing out, pink and purple chairs and couches
    Vash was his beard like Katie Holmes or Nicole Kidman

18. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You bumped a three year old thread to say that?

19. sadsquid

sadsquid Lieutenant Red Shirt

This thread :lol:

I can't tell if the OP is being serious or not.

20. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

From what I remember of the OP, he wasn't serious about much of anything. Also, I think the staff banned him.