Star Trek Futures

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by STF, Feb 25, 2014.

1. STF

STF Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

[​IMG]

STF Artwork Wednesday shows its ugly face again! Wanted to share this latest concept art of a character that we'll see in one of the two shorts for the end of the year. Suffice it to say, this guy (who does actually have eyes BTW) is where our story begins. Also, as we pointed out in our other Cae character piece.... the cigarette is important.

2. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Cigarette Smoking Man from X-Files was put into hibernation and woke up in time to start up Section 31?

3. STF

That would be an amazing crossover! Also QueeQueg was really an android! Dun Dun!
    [​IMG] Haha.

4. Bixby

Bixby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't know how your film in its final form will look like, but your character designs are really top notch (I'm actually envious).
    Very well done...

5. STF

Thanks! Props have to go to Markus for those. :)

6. STF

We would proudly like to present an initial rendering of our villain ship design, the Va'arost class (Ra'zae Variant).

This design is based off of the standard Va'arost class built by the Ra'zae for the Cae government prior to their downfall. Built purely for war, these menacing ships wreak havoc across the Cesera system. Over 1,000 meters long, equipped with redundant weapon and defensive systems, and carrying a compliment of 18 sub-spacial mines which destroy portions of subspace, the Ra'zae Va'arost class is considered one of the most fearsome vessels in the sector.

We hope everyone enjoys this design and we can't wait to see it in action. Thanks!

Dan

[​IMG]

7. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Very snazzy!

8. STF

We are incredibly thrilled to announce that actor Rico Anderson has joined the cast of Star Trek Futures to play the role of 1st Officer, Jeffery Keller! Not a stranger to Star Trek, Rico has played roles in ST Renegades, ST Horizon, and ST 2009 as well as being a long time fan of the ST universe. You may also have seen him on such television shows as Criminal Minds, Law and Order: LA, Dollhouse, and Modern Family. We can’t tell you how excited we are to have this incredible talent as a member of the STF team, and as our 1st Officer aboard the Enterprise-C. We’ll have more casting updates in the coming weeks so stay tuned!

[​IMG]

9. Borgminister

So what you're is you're actually serious about this venture? :p

This is setting up quite nicely... it'll be interesting to see who headlines the show.

10. STF

Haha thanks! In the words of South Park's Al Gore, "You guys... I'm totally serial."

As for the second part of your comment. Stay tuned in next week ;)

11. STF

Minor update - Work has begun on the flats for our corridor set. They still have A LONG way to go, and I need to make.... oh say 12 more but it's getting there. The white portions will be covered in white "carbon fiber" vinyl to give a sort of textured look. The black strip will be smoked acrylic to hide computer monitors for LCARS and some LED strips for direction assistance and the Red alert notification. I'm considering doing a small triangular kicker plate so that the wall meets the floor at something other than a 90deg angle. Also, sorry about the piss poor photoshop mockup lol.

-Dan

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. aalenfae

aalenfae Commander Red Shirt

Looking awesome! I'll be excited to see them finished!
    Using vinyl instead of paint is a cool idea!

13. STF

Thanks! I'm really excited too! A lot of hard work a head but it'll be worth it. I got the idea for using the vinyl when I was thinking about how I could achieve that brushed aluminum look from the corridors in TMP etc... After long contemplation I decided to keep the color scheme lighter, so the white was the next logical choice. Plus it'll add just a tiny bit of texture so it won't be a completely dull white wall. :)

14. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

White can be a bitch to light properly especially if you have people wearing black. Very contrasty and easy to get the exposure messed up.

15. STF

Agreed. We plan on getting a few finished and then doing some tests before the actual shoot. :)

16. STF

The casting continues! We are incredibly excited to announce that actor, Ryan T. Husk has joined the cast as our main man, Lt Commander Jack Crusher! Ryan has had roles in Star Trek Axanar, Continues, Renegades, Horizon, ST09, ST13 just to name a few. He can also be seen in Bones, General Hospital, the Young and the Restless, Nobility and is currently shooting a horror film, When the Fever Breaks. We love the energy he has brought to his previous roles, and will enjoy seeing him as a strong father figure for Wesley.

[​IMG]

17. Borgminister

impressive get.... the whole fan production thing overall just seems to be going through a revolution here... wow

18. STF

We are incredibly pleased to announce that another immensely talented actor has joined the cast of Star Trek Futures. Please join me in welcoming Mike Brayden as Lt Andrew Lowen! Having just won Best Actor for his role in the 48Hr Film Project Best Picture , 'A Good Ol' Chap,' we are really excited to have him as part of the team. Having worked with Mike on a few other projects, we know that he is an exceptionally determined, focused, and skilled actor. His character will be an integral piece of the Crusher's circle of friends aboard the Enterprise-C.

Take care everyone, and we should have more to announce in the coming weeks so stay tuned!

[​IMG]

19. Borgminister

Hope the ladies will be as photogenic.... :) Seriously, look forward to more tidbits as they come...!

20. STF

Working on a little sumpin sumpin for everyone.

[​IMG]