Survivor 26: Fans vs Favorites Discussion

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Garak, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep. Not only did they miss an opportunity to sway others to their side, but they gave Phillip the opportunity to say he sacrificed himself for his idiotic Stealth Alliance. And no doubt Phillip will spin it that way at the reunion show.

So Erik finally joined up with the the other guys, voting for "Fillip"- I wonder if he's gonna flip or if he was just confused.

2. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I've been thinking about it, but I don't really know how exactly Malcolm could have played it differently and achieved a better outcome, especially if his goal really was to get rid of Phillip.

He had to stir the pot, keeping the second idol hidden wouldn't have done anything to change the 7 splitting the vote. Of course if he'd known about Erik's vote, he could saved the idol, but that's hindsight.

I don't think "selling the vote" would've worked. He could have threatened Andrea or something for example, but I don't think anyone would have agreed on any deal in the open there.

3. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Great Tribal, in fact that's 3 very good Tribals in a row now. Post-merge this has been one of the better Survivors in recent memory.

So glad Fillup is gone. Great move by Malcolm in terms of cutting the head off the snake, hopefully everyone goes scrambling now that they don't have Phillip bullying them into making decisions.

Dawn has serious issues. She's been so tightly wound up her whole life as soon as she loses control she completley loses her shit. Grow up, woman.

Brenda is so smoking hot.

I don't think eric has the slightest clue as to what he's doing.

Cochrane for the win! Probably won't happen though.

Man I hope Fillup loses his shit when he questions the final 3.

4. Garak

Oh man, look what I found:

Link

:guffaw::guffaw:

5. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Oh good grief. The very first lines:

I can't go on. Really, I'm laughing so hard, I'm having a little trouble breathing!

6. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh wow. And reading the description, it sounds like he's exactly describing his experience with Survivor. He failed the first "39 day mission" and was offered a huge check to come back for a second one. He asked for help from his friend the "former Israeli Secret Service member" (aka Boston Rob), to endure his second mission of betrayal and turncoats. :lol:

My favorite part is the reviews. One person says:

"I haven't read a book like this in years and all I could hear when I read it was the narrator from "Casablanca" in my head! My favorite line? "his blood stained tongue stuck out too, like a 'take a number' meat market pull tab." Brilliant!!!!!"

7. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

That qouted line sounds like something that would be entered in the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest. If the rest of the book is written that bad, I may just buy it for laughs.

8. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

And give "fillup" your hard-earned money?

9. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I had the most brilliant idea. I love listening to Cochran's comments on what is going on. Jeff Probst should have him do a debrief on his show after every episode on upcoming seasons.

10. Garak

I heartily endorse that.

11. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Malcolm shouldn't have announced who they were voting for.

If Malcolm hadn't announced who they were voting for, they would have had to vote for each other instead of going with their original votes, because they couldn't take the risk it was them.

Now that I think about it, here's Malcolm's best move: "I decided who to vote for tonight by random draw." He would have had a lot more leverage in the next vote if he forced them to pick who to vote out to protect themselves.

Still, that was awesome how Malcolm managed to immunize his entire alliance. And now he just might be able to pull over Erik and Andrea. Andrea has probably figured out now she's the one at the bottom of her alliance.

I don't see Dawn as somebody who loses control in real life, she just can't emotionally separate herself out from the game.

12. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Meh, I imagine Dawn's crazy is always there, ready to bubble to the surface.

Yeah, Andrea must've caught people mouthing her name during the monkey poop scramble that Malcolm stirred up.

13. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I still don't understand how they would expect malcolm not to play the idol when they flat out told him they were still voting for him.

14. Roger Wilco

It wouldn't have worked. Maybe it would have been a better play, but the outcome would have been the same.

In another forum someone suggested the Three Amigos to not put all votes on Fillup, but something like Phillip 1/Andrea 1/Sherri 1 or so, and then let the 7 fight over it, which would have been amusing, but again, the idols would be gone, and only somehow keeping at least one idol would have been a better success than what happened.

Even Erik figured out they can't let them keep the idols. That 1 in 7 chance would have been worth it to flush out the idols. Like Cochran said, voted almost never change at tribal council, and it was not possible this time either.

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It looked like Malcolm actually thought about not playing his idol for a second, though of course he could have just been playing it up. But the funny thing is if he hadn't played it, he still would have been safe because Erik voted for Phillip (excuse me, Fillup). So at least one of the idols still would have been there. :lol:

16. Roger Wilco

Yeah, but you can't always judge the wisdom of an action from the results. Malcolm couldn't have known what Erik would do, and if he had been voted out despite having two idols, he would have looked like a huge idiot.

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah, definitely. Playing the idol was the right move. I was just imagining how Stealth-Was-Us would have reacted if Malcolm hadn't played his idol and Phillip had still gone home because one of them flipped their vote.

18. Roger Wilco

Would have been very amusing indeed. :D

19. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

What happened at tribal council certainly shows you who has a good chance of going far. Cochran, Erik, and Brenda were not mentioned by anybody as possible choices to vote out. Andrea and Phillip obviously weren't in good shape. I can't remember if anyone specifically said Dawn's name, but you know she would have been next on that list.

20. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think Phillip is totally off his rocker. He should have never came back and made it as far as he did. I feel like he should have been gone this season.