Wolverine And The X-Men - anyone watching?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Robotech Master, Mar 26, 2009.

1. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that's it.

So did I but they've given us repeats two weeks in a row after that ep.
    I'm hoping tonight will be new.

2. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Weird. Well from that list I think I only started watching at episode 14, and I nearly gave up with 15 as I hate Mojo. But 16 is great, and from 18 onwards its awesome.

21 "Rover" is a good un, you won't believe how much the word "destroy" can express such a wide range of emotions and meanings

3. darkwing_duck1

darkwing_duck1 Vice Admiral

The pattern nowdays seems to be to release a "sampler" dvd early then a season set latter on. If for some reason the sampler "tanks", they can simply cancel the season set.

I don't expect that to happen though, X-men is a good seller on video. The only time there's been a problem is with Warner Brothers and X-men Evo (stupid frakkers STILL won't release S4).

4. exodus

Yeah, why is that?:confused:

5. darkwing_duck1

If you're talking about Evo...back when the show was cancelled, the way it was done raised a few eyebrows. No one but the producers and the studio know ALL the details, and none of them are talking (publicly). I've heard that the producers tried REALLY hard to get an S5, but they just got stonewalled.

I know that they HAD a S5 planned out (at least the arc) that supposedly dealt 1) with the fallout from Apocalypse's attack and 2) the Evo-vese's Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Saga. Some variant of DoFP might've been in the mix or it might not have (though the imagery in the final ep of S4 with all the Sentinels suggests they were thinking about it).

But the studio told them pretty much to "wrap it...right here and right NOW". It could be as simple as that Evo is a Marvel product, and WB is the home of DC. It also could have been that they had 4 seasons, and that's about as long as WB lets their shows run.

6. exodus

That's too bad because at that point the show was really starting to pick up a strong momentum.

7. darkwing_duck1

To borrow a phrase: "So say we all!"

Evo fans have found getting dvds out of WB to be like pulling teeth from a chicken. We yelled, screamed, and offered up virgin sacrifices (fortunately we had a plentiful supply, being superhero fans ;) ) for over a year and a half to get the S3 set.

Since then, there have been multiple "logical opportunities" to get S4 out there, but WBs attitude seems to be: "F*** Off!"

8. exodus

I can empathize.

That's how we "Gargoyle" fans feel about Disney.:klingon:

9. Robotech Master

Robotech Master Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And studios wonder why people download or bittorrent content.

:rolleyes:

I've got all of it on disc somewhere... TAS too, since I did not think that would ever come out on DVD. Since it is, I'll probably go ahead and buy it and ditch my video discs...

But sometimes the studios are just so damned clueless.

10. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

not i. just don't want to support anymore wolvercrap.

11. darkwing_duck1

Give it a shot...there's plenty for the other characters to do.

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched the first two episodes of the show and loved the premise of the series, but haven't really been following much since it airs on YTV around 11:30 in the morning and I usually sleep in until around one or two on Saturday's.

13. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

It's Emma Frost's feet that I love. :drool: Not her boobs.

14. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

Ditto. Emma Frost is in it too, so I don't want anything to do with it.

I will not watch something that is the ultimate example of everything I've grown to hate and despise about the franchise and characters I once adored as a child. The X-Men are dead to me. Time to move on.

15. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

Why do you hate Wolverine and Emma Frost, and why was the franchise better in the past, exactly?

16. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I just checked out the first few episodes, and the way they set up Wolverine's main character status actually makes a lot of sense.

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Actually I don't think it's been justified very well. They had
    Future Xavier send back a thought projection and say "The X-Men must be reunited and Wolverine must lead them or the world is doomed," but Xavier has yet to offer the slightest explanation for why Wolverine needs to be the leader.
    It's a decent show, but Wolverine's leadership role is blatantly just an attempt to tie in with the character's popularity and the upcoming Wolverine solo film, and it hasn't been adequately explained within the context of the series itself.

18. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't know why the hell studios think thats a good Idea as most people I know including my self will not buy these things, it's either a full season or nothing, so useing sales of these dvd's (something like 6 disjointed episodes for $20) to measure how well a full season release will do is bullcrap

19. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

As if the name of the series wasn't clue enough. I don't hate Wolverine, I hate what he's become. When he was just a character, I liked him. Now he's THE CHARACTER and everything revolves around him. When he was the mysterious Man With No Name I liked him. Now? The mystery and coolness is gone thanks to That Origin story and decades of overexposure. He's an overexposed fanboy powertrip wetdream run amok and he's taking the other characters down into mediocrity with him and he has been for years. He's a bore, a cliche, and a walking parody of himself.

I remember the exact moment I grew to dislike him. Garth Ennis just totally took the piss out of him when he had him guest star in The Punisher. He wrote him as cartoony and self-parodying has he could. But the sad thing was it wasn't that much of a parody("No where ya can hide Clide! Come git yer kicks on Route Snikty-Snikt!"). Castle called him something so profound that I just couldn't take the character seriously after that. He called him "Yosemite Sam". "Oh. My. God. He IS Yosemite Sam.".

I have a terrible medical condition I've had since I was a kid. When witness to or in the pressence of a mean-spirited, nasty, destructive, heinous scumfuck I tend to have a violent, allergic reaction. I could point out that her existence and rise to promince was done at the expense and destruction of 30 years of some of the best modern mythology in comics. I could point out that she's a generic retro-90's Bad Girl, that's gone past her experation date, who does nothing but lower the tone and drags every character down into mediocrity with her. She's just a pair of tits with an attitude. They should be honest and just draw her as a pair of boobies, with a biker hat on top, that just stands there and does boobie like things. "The Skrulls are attacking again. What should we do Emma? "*Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle. Squirt, squirt, squirt*" "Good plan Emma. We'll flank them and take them by surprise. Good thing we have you here Emma to think of stuff like that." "*Jiggle, squirt*". "Oh, Emma. My that was a good joke. All right X-Men, lets go!" "*JIGGLE SQUIRT JIGGLE*"

Because it's like comparing The Beatles to Linkin Park. If you can't understand that, then I can't help you.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I actually thought it was more like the professor saying, "Well, Storm isn't around, and Cyclops is being a giant pussy, so I'm gonna put Logan in charge." :lol:

That explanation worked for me.