Worf/Pulaski

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Agenda, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Does anyone remember that episode where they were like flirting with each other? Ew.

2. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Why the "Ew"? Seemed perfectly reasonable to me.

3. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I try to block out Pulaski in general, myself.

4. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Uh, no. You're going to have to refresh my memory on that scene.

5. eepruls

eepruls Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Are you referring to the Klingon Tea Ceremony where she takes the antidote so they can drink the poisonous tea together? And then she asks him to quote her some of that Klingon poetry?

6. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Me too. In my opinion she was the worst thing in Season 2.

7. CoveTom

CoveTom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really? I thought she was a breath of fresh air. So much more full of life than what most of the TNG characters were during those early years, and certainly much more so than Dr. Crusher. Just having someone who relates well to Worf but can't quite adjust to Data made for some interesting character interactions.

8. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked her, too - I liked Crusher as well, but I didn't like what they did with her character that first season, and I thought there were some interesting possibilities with Pulaski. And I thought Pulaski and Worf were developing kind of an interesting friendship. I didn't get any hint of flirting, BTW.

9. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

Pulaski could have been a good character, if she wasn't simply a female version of McCoy.

10. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Agreed. Even to this day, after all this time, I do not like Dr. Pulaski.

11. Praxius

Praxius Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Her character seemed to be an attempt to get the old McCoy attitude back in the series. Didn't work so well imo.

12. CoveTom

CoveTom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Pulaski was not an exact carbon copy of McCoy. But, still, what's wrong with revisiting that particular character type? It was something TNG was distinctly lacking in, and there's no such thing as a character that's not a copy of something that's gone before.

13. Alrik

Alrik Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It wasn't exactly flirting, but if you are talking about the ep when Kate covers Worf's butt after he passed out on the bidge because he had the 'Klingon Measles' (a child's desease). It was 'Up The Long Ladder'. He returned the favor by preforming the 'Klingon Tea Ceremony'.

Now as far as others have hinted, Kate's character was indeed a try at bringing back the McCoy style character, but by season's end, TPTB changed their minds and brought back Bev.

14. Praxius

Besides, it didn't make sense for Bev Crusher to leave her underaged son alone on a Starship, no matter how much you trust the crew and captain.

15. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

I like both doctors, But I though Pulaski was nice to have around, as everyone else was so damn nice.

16. Praxius

Worf and Picard are two that come to mind in the early seasons as not being "Nice"

17. Neutral Zone

Neutral Zone Captain Captain

In Season 2 there were two new comers - Pulaski and I'm with those who didn't like her, in fact I have to say that she was the worst character ever in TNG (personal opinion of course!), I try to ignore her when I watch any of that season. I don't think it helped by the way she treated Data in the first couple of episodes.:rolleyes:

The intro was of course Gainan, now she was great and I wish they had used the character more, maybe on the bridge occassionaly!:)

18. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I liked Pulaski.

I recall watching the episodes she was in because she had a previous tie with Trek; and, at that time, I wasn't a big Crusher fan. (Crusher, of course, has changed a lot since then...and is one of my favorite characters).

Still, I wish we'd seen more of Katherine Pulaski...

19. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Yeah, but Picard never would've questioned Data's Sentience.

20. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

Agreed about the way she treated Data.

She was clearly, in my humble opinion, an attempt to have a McCoy character in TNG. She was a cantankerous doctor who had a phobia about using the transporter and a rocky, but ultimately friendly, relationship with the show's "outsider."

There's nothing wrong with that per se. However, there's a difference between being a lovable curmudgeon, like McCoy, and being downright cruel. And given Data's innocent nature, she was definitely cruel, needlessly so, to him.