Wiped Episode Discoveries

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Allyn Gibson, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Ian Levine talks about Philip Morris' search and his feelings about it on Facebook. (It's an unlocked note, anyone can read it.)

It's sad. And funny, in a dark humor sort of way.

Meanwhile, it's all rumor and chatter. In other words, same as it ever was.

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

It's asking for a Log in :(

3. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Hum. Well, in that case...

4. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ah, classic Levine. The right combination of unfortunately ironic comments and stuff I hope is a joke but I fear is serious.

I never want this man to change. This has literally been the highlight of my week.

5. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, he's writing as a "journalist", so it's got to be 100% true! :guffaw:

Mr Awe

6. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Hm, unusually for Facebook, there's no "leave a comment" box, so I guess I'm banned from his just in case I ever wanted to go there. (The only other FB which has no comment option for me is Red Bull Racing, who banned me for slagging off their spoilering race results before those of us who (at the time) were reliant on BBC highlights had a chance to see the fucking thing.)

Anyway, the usual hot air, who gives a fuck?

7. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I find it kinda sad that a fan like Levine would turn so vitriolic towards another fan about some missing episodes from a 50 year old program. And vice-versa for a fan like Morris who doesn't even pretend to help the situation for the fandom's sake at all.

8. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

Levine has a superiority complex that gets highly offended if he's not involved in some way, and really hates being left in the dark. He wasn't told about the nine episodes found last year until a week before they were released, and that's left him bitter and twisted. His beliefs about more episodes being found are based on speculation only. It's getting to the stage where that man will soon need medical help, although I imagine he'd blame Morris for that too...

9. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought he knew about them for a while? At least thats what he said...

And really, its difficult to either like or hate Levine. On the one hand, his enthusiasm and genuine, I think, love for the show is clearly there, and has tried as a fan to do his best to keep the show going. On the other hand, though, he seems like a vindictive asshole, a lot of the time, and has a really high opinion of himself, for sure.

Mostly, I think he lacks basic, civil manners. And thus, for every Shada he helps get animated or for every Daleks story he finds, reading some of his posts paint him as the ludicrous villain of Love & Monsters that its been said he was the template of.

10. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He just lacks the ability to understand that someone can disagree with him without being wrong, or an enemy, unfortunately.
    Just be glad that it all comes out over missing episodes. If he'd become a politician and somehow got elected... Well, I've joked in the past that if IL gave up on missing episodes and devoted his efforts to ending war and famine, then if he hadn't succeeded in a year, he'd be saying that anyone who'd suggested his campaign wouldn't work was in favour of war and hunger, and had sabotaged it.

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Which is epidemic these days, unfortunately. Especially in politics.

12. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

Ian Levene just has an overinflated opinion of his role in Doctor Who fandom, he sees himselfas the sole savior of the show and it's biggest supporter. In the end it's best to put him out of you mind, laugh or cry at his posts but he's really not that important to worry about.

13. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have a nasty suspicion that the infection rate among politicians is pretty much level.

14. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

This was exchange over three days in June;

The most he knew would've been at the start of 2013 but I doubt he would've had proof.

15. inflatabledalek

inflatabledalek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Every time I see new posts in this thread I get all excited that there have been new discoveries.

And every time it turns out Ian Levine has just said something that makes him look bonkers again instead.

This makes me sad.

16. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

I have the exact same reaction!

17. Rarewolf

Rarewolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He certainly had heard it before, just after being fobbed off so many times he no longer believed it. Then when two stories always mentioned as being amongst the first showed up, that convinced him the earlier claim had merit too.

18. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Meanwhile when I see new posts in this thread it makes me excited that Ian Levine is on the tirade again. And I'm never disappointed.

19. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Yea, I find when the thread first becomes active again, my heart skips a beat with hope, but, generally before I have time to click the thread, I come to my senses and realize it's gonna be more Highly entertaining Ian Levine Kardashian antics :devil:

20. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

While Levine can be unintentionally amusing, some of us actually do care about the missing episodes. The comedy can be fun, but some of us would rather have those episodes!

Mr Awe