TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. PikeFan

PikeFan Commander Red Shirt

This is PikeFan reporting for duty.

I am 26 and my real name is Deanna, pronounced like Mrs. Riker's. But PLEASE call me Pikey, I love that nickname, I got it on the official trek boards. I maybe a Pike Fan first and foremost, but my love of Trek began with TNG. I love the Crusher Picard thing, like they should be together, but the tension is better.

2. jeskawest

jeskawest Ensign Red Shirt

I love TNG and am currently rewatching the entire series. I haven't actually seen many of these episodes in years, so it's been pretty great. I also LOVE the movies. My favorite character would have to be Picard. He's my hero.

3. Tashabasha

Tashabasha Cadet Newbie

Heya. I'm Tasha and I'm 24. I started watching TNG as a little girl with my dad. I also love Enterprise but cannot stand DS9 or TOS - I cannot understand why.

As I've grown up, I've caught various episodes of TNG, but around a year or so ago, I caught it on freeview's Channel One and fell in love with it all over again. Anyhow, Channel One stopped showing a while back and devastated is no reflection on how I felt! I immediately went out and bought seasons 1-7 and have watched them all over the past couple of months, I just can't get enough of it! Well.... except season 2 - I actually can't listen to OR look at Dr. Polanski!

My favourite characters of the series are Picard and Dr. Crusher (probably not the only girl with the Crusher crush....) However, Guinan and Q absolutely make any episode that they appear in. In fact, it's a little too hard to decide who my favourite characters are - they are all brilliant.

I have far too many favourite episodes, so I won't even go there. Definately a TNG fan to the end of my days....

4. ElBurro

ElBurro Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello. I'm new to the forum and relatively new to Star Trek actually. Only got into it about 18 months ago. Have watched all of TNG and am near the end of the first season of TOS. My dad and my brothers used to watch TNG (and DS9 and Voyager) all the time but I never got into it. In fact, I used to make fun of them for it (no offense :) ).
    Now I'm the biggest Trekkie out of us. I have a hamster called Data and used to have one called Worf but he died. I even have a tattoo in Klingon!
    Favourite characters are Data, Worf and Riker and favourite episode is Time's Arrow. Even though I've only recently got into science fiction, I've always loved time travel stories so that's probably why I love that one. Also love Fistful of Datas and Frame of Mind.
    So hello :) and looking forward to talking about Star Trek with you all!

5. el Chalupacabra

el Chalupacabra Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi. I am a TNG fan first, but I like all the Trek Series. I'm a long time fan...since TNG was in first run :)

6. antiquityscion

antiquityscion Commander

Greetings and felicitations, all!

I am new here, too. I've been a fan of Star Trek for a long time, and looking to make friends online who also like Star Trek. Its hard for me to pick a favorite, but The Next Generation is what made me a Trek fan!

7. romanticzombie

romanticzombie Cadet Newbie

hello, I grew up watching reruns of TNG, but i pretty much love anything star trek

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  8. DoBa

DoBa Lieutenant Red Shirt

I grew up watching TOS reruns and TNG as it came out. Followed by VOY. Then ENT. I've been told that when I was around 5 my favorite character was Worf. It's now Picard. TNG is my favorite series but I like all things Trek. Even the new movie. Both parents like Trek as does my younger sister with my older one hating it. My favorite ep is Best of Both Worlds followed by The Inner Light. I thought Q was a fantastic character and was a tad upset he didn't at least have a cameo in the movies. I really don't dislike any character. They can be annoying but people are annoying IRL too. I've read a few Trek books and enjoyed what I read, aside from Sarek. That was pretty bad. Peter Kirk? Pfft. I really don't care for the TNG movies. Generations and First Contact would be solid if they didn't piss all over everything. Nemesis was okay. Insurrection was horrible. I'd rather watch all the crappy holodeck eps than that.

9. 2 of 10

2 of 10 Captain Captain

Greetings from the Delta Quad, I am 2 of 10, generally, I hang out at the Voyager site, however, through I would jump about 65,000 L/Y to say hi all the guys in the A.Q. Be seeing you soon....

Resistance is Futule...

10. DoBa

DoBa Lieutenant Red Shirt

Resistance is not futile. My friend Geordi told me so.

11. RichardDean And

RichardDean And Cadet Newbie

Hi everyone I'm RichardDead And(erson), I picked the name because nothing else was coming to me.

I enjoy TNG for the strange humour that is in it. For example, in "Encounter at Farpoint" when Wesley comes onto the bridge for the first time and Picard welcomes him and then shouts sternly "BUT DONT TOUCH ANYTHING"....well, that kind of thing just cracks me up.

I enjoy the series as a whole even though almost all of the characters annoy me but I like them all in another way because I really do enjoy the show. Riker is probably the least annoying character while Data and Wesley aggravate me the most.

Lastly I would like the say hi to everyone and I can't wait to get into some trek talk with you.

Thanks

12. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

I have posted here twice before but I want to add my wife to the list!! She has been religiously recording STNG on dvr and watching them even when I am not around. We saw 2-3 episodes together recently and I think they really hit home for her...she tends to like more of the emotional/personal stories. I could tell she was thinking about them after the eps ended. While I've gotten her to watch almost all the series at some point, I think STNG has become her favorite.

RAMA

13. Kai John

Kai John Ensign Newbie

Hi guys, i'm Kyle Wood, 20.

I'm a big fan of TNG but also like Voyager and TOS, and i'm currently in the process of watching DS9. My favourite characters are Picard, Spock and the doctor (EMH). I'm also loving Quark so far in DS9 (i'm up to series four).

I look forward to reading everyones posts, getting to know people and of course geting to talk about star trek!

14. iBender

iBender Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hello, I'm new, good Morning everyone.

One of my favourite episodes is Elementary My Dear Data.

15. Distorted Humor

Distorted Humor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi all!

I am a TNG and DS9 fan (Not watched Voyager) but I am in the process of watching all the star treks, and moving though TNG first.

16. JennaL

JennaL Ensign Red Shirt

Hello! My name is Jenna and I'm 28, from England. My Dad first got me watching TOS when I was a kid and I was hooked, my sister and I would watch whenever it aired on BBC2. Fast forward several years later when TNG came along (I think it was aired on BBC2 at same the day and time that TOS was previously) and I was initially against watching as it wasn't the original series. We would complain that it wasn't Kirk and Spock and turn it off.

My Dad took us to the cinema to watch Generations, he managed to get us there cos Kirk was in it :-) - and this was the first time I was introduced to the TNG cast. I remember the scene where Picard is crying over his brother and nephew dying, and obviously I hadn't seen the episode Family at this point so it kinda went over my head as did Data's emotion chip etc etc. Anyway the film warmed me up to the TNG cast a tad and when it was on TV next I started watching instead of just simply switching off. Fast forward a few years later and myself and my sister were hooked on TNG, eventually starting watching DS9 too (wasn't so taken with that though) and then we moved onto Voyager when that came out (seen most episodes). So anyway, pretty much seen every TNG episode and by far my favourite series now. Patrick Stewart is brilliant and Brent Spiner too - fave episodes are The Inner Light, BOBW 1 and 2, Chain of Command 1 and 2, Parallels, All Good Things, The Offspring, Data's Day, I could go on and on!!!

Anyway nice to meet you all on here!!

17. BlackFire3

BlackFire3 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

i grew up on TNG and i think i said my first swear after watching the episode Booby Trap. Geordi taught me about the Enterprise's engines and the art of swearing :)

18. WesleyCrusher07

WesleyCrusher07 Ensign Newbie

My name is Amanda Cress. I like Wesley Crusher as you can see through my username and my quota. I also like Chekov. I've been into the Star Trek series altogether since I was 16 and I think this is pretty cool.

19. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

I'm Bill...

Been watching TNG since it premiered on Oct. 2, 1987 on WXIX-TV here in Cincinnati.

My turn-ons are: Where No One Has Gone Before, The Royale and Q, Who?

My turn-offs are: The Inner Light, I, Borg and Homeward

:lol:

20. moriluk

moriluk Ensign Red Shirt

Watched the first episode when it aired. Didn't like it. Lacked the effect of the original. But I always liked Data. Only recently have I had to chance and desire to watch the show front to back. I still like the original the best. But this is easily second.