What order did you buy your Trek collection?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Neutral Zone, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Neutral Zone

Neutral Zone Captain Captain

In what order did you buy your Treks and why?

The first series I bought was TNG, the first season was going very cheap at our local DVD shop and it took off from there.

Then TOS as it is my favourite, then Voyager the wifes favourite series.

Then DSP, Enterprise and TAS.

The films as they were released.

2. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Star Trek movies 1-6
    Star Trek movies 7-10 ($5 Wal-Mart bin)
    TOS-Remastered
    Star Trek (2009) gift from a studio friend
    TAS Father's Day gift this year
    Voyager

Next is either TNG or Enterprise.
    DS9 is 12th of never... or $5 Wal-Mart bin, just to make the collection complete.

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I actually only own the movies. I've borrowed or watched the rest on TV.

I bought First Contact on VHS a long time ago, then Insurrection and ST:TFF and ST:TUC on VHS soon after. I then bought ST:TMP and ST:TWOK special editions on DVD soon after. I didn't buy anything for years until I bought ST:XI and FC on Blu-Ray this year. I'll be getting the rest as soon as I win the lottery...

4. JWD75

JWD75 Commander Red Shirt

1. DS9
    2. TOS remastered
    3. Season 1 of Enterprise (Only because it was dirt cheap.)

5. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Commodore Commodore

Enterprise season four was my first: it was the only one my electronics store was selling at the time, and I wanted to have some Trek on DS9.

Then...Voyager season four, I think, because it introduced Seven.
    Then two seasons (5,6) of TNG I spotted at the store for $50 a piece, then two of DS9 online (3,4), then season one of TOS for Christmas, then another TNG (4) and another DS9 (5). That was it until this year when I bought the first seasons of VOY and ENT respectively because they were on sale at my local electronics store.

Yeaah, I'm all over the place.

6. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

First I bought all nine (at the time) movies on video.

Then, when the collector's editions came out, I bought all ten on DVD.

Then, I bought Star Trek: Deep Space Nine season one, then, over the course of a year, I got (in this order) season four, five, six, seven, two, three.

Then, over the course of a year, I bought Star Trek: The Animated Series, Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise.

Then I bought all eleven movies on Blu-Ray.

I know for a late birthday present I'm either getting Star Trek season one on Blu-ray or Star Trek: The Next Generation Season one on DVD. Depending on which one I get will determine which series I finish out next.

7. B.C.

B.C. Lieutenant Red Shirt

The movies 1-10 on DVD
    TNG Seasons 3 & 4
    The movies 1-10 on Blu-Ray
    TOS season 1 on Blu-Ray
    Star Trek 2009 on Blu-Ray
    Animated Series on DVD
    DS9 seasons 1-5 on iTunes ($12.99 each!)
    Voyager season 1 on DVD ($19.99 at Walmart)
    Enterprise season 1 on DVD ($19.99 at Walmart)
    Voyager season 2 on iTunes (also $12.99)

I've watched the rest of TNG through Netflix. I may eventually buy all the DVDs just to have them, but I'd rather get them through iTunes (when they come available) to take up less space.

8. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Enterprise as soon as each season came out, then TOS (a couple of those were Christmas presents).

ETA: I also have some movies, but I don't recall the order in which I bought them.

9. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

If we're talking VHS, I taped most of that from TV, except TOS, which I had every single tape of that series (I wanted the uncut 51 minute versions, as opposed to the 45 minute edits then shown on TV.). I also had the VHS Paramount releases of the DS9, VOYAGER and TNG pilot episodes, and some of the TNG tapes. I also started to tape ENTERPRISE, but stopped by the third season when it became obvious that the DVD's would soon follow.

Now, in the case of the DVD's, I have everything, and bought them in the order they came out.

10. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

No idea what the order was. I bought each season whenever I found it cheap, and not in any other order. I may have had season 6 before 2, or whatever. And same with series ... May have had season 6 of DS9 before season 2 of TNG. I didn't keep track. But like others, I have collected them all.

11. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I bought it in the cheapest fucking order I could find. I refuse to pay more than $40.00 for any of these sets.

12. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

Started with TNG then TOS then DS9 and then VOY and ENT . Also the films shortly after !!

13. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bought a couple of the VHS tapes back in 1999/2000, mostly season 6 and 7. Only got "Emissary" and "The Way of the Warrior"/"The Visitor" on tape.

Couple of years later started to get the DVD boxsets. I went 1, 2, 6 (back when they were around $150 a pop) and then got the rest in one go when the old boxsets fell to like $30 a set.

Bought a boxset of all ten movies in 2007.

Last year I then bought the remastered TOS boxsets and got gifted STXI at Christmas. Don't have any plans to buy any more.

14. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

1. Deep Space Nine Season 4
    2. TOS Volume 1 (two-episode disk)
    3. The Wrath of Khan Director's Edition
    4. The Undiscovered Country Collector's Edition
    5. Nemesis Collector's Edition ($3.99, still a mistake)
    6. Fan Collective: Q
    7. Star Trek (2009)