movies that are delayed to 2009`

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, maybe it started with the new Trek film, and now Harry Potter. And there are probably others. Apparently the writers strike forced studios to move their franchise films from winter to summer. My question is: what kind of crap are they now gonna play for the poeple that enjoy going to films over the holidays?
    Another question: If every studio makes such a move, won't the summer season become over crowded? Where is the increase in earnings potential. Look at Prince Caspian this year, wedged between a lot of summer blockbusters, and I think it would have played better over the holidays. I think the same thing is going to happen to many films next summer.

I think the studios are being too rash.

2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

A bunch of scripts that had been sitting around like next summer's GIJoe got greenlit because of the writers' strike. A whole bunch of stuff was rushed into production so the writers' strike and possible actors' strike would not effect product flow. I believe Star Trek and Harry Potter are just being moved to take advantage of weak competition. Other movies like the afore mentioned GIJoe are being put in odd spots like August in order to (theoretically) expand the blockbuster season.

4. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

There are movies that were aiming for summer 2009 which have been delayed (Prince of Persia), put on indefinite hold (Justice League), or haven't started filming and are unlikely to make a summer 2009 release date (The A-Team).

So 2009 won't be any more overcrowded than any other summer (in fact it may be less so), since the studios have had to make some scheduling changes just to get summer 2009 to a regular level given the relative scarcity of films in the production pipeline due to strike action.

5. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Bump.

I'm looking forward to this:

[​IMG]

Ohh, yeeeeaaahhh

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sarah Michelle Gellar's "Possession" was supposed to come out in 2007, then 2008, now 2009... but that's because the studio is incompetent and also because the movie probably sucks big time.