Are 360 games Region Blocked?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Roshi, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Is it possible to buy games from the US when you're from old Europe?

2. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I think you would need a us 360, I think it's region locked

3. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

The X-Box 360 is interesting because not all games are region-coded, I guess it's up to the game manufacturer. While there are region-free games I would guess the majority are not.

Here's a starting point, I don't know how complete or accurate it is:
    http://wiki.xboxic.com/Region-free_Xbox_360_Games

4. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

My friend used to play games on the 360 that he ordered from Play Asia over here in the UK so I guess not or not for every region anyway.

5. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

It is indeed up to the publisher. For example, when Sony acquired the multiplatform international publishing rights to Ghostbusters: The Video Game (giving it distribution control in all territories but North America), it was announced that the Xbox 360 version of the game was not region-locked, allowing users in foreign territories to import it and play it six months ahead of the official release date.

6. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Same here, Play Asia is a good website to find out what 360 games a region free or not, i remember getting GOW at launch from Play Asia and it cost about £22 delivered, bloody brilliant...got quite a lot of games from there through 2007/8.

Only thing is you cant trade them in to the shop as they wont scan, if you want to get rid of them its eBay.

7. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I asked that question because I'd like to play Halo ODST and Reach with the original voices. Even though I set my console with English as its primary language, the voices within the game (dialogs) are still in French. And that sucks. Immensely.
    My sister being currently in the States, I wanted to know if I could ask her to bring over these games, only if I could play them...

8. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Awesome, dude! Thanks!