vote! for the Green Lantern

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Temis the Vorta, Jul 10, 2009.

?

the new Green Lantern is...

1. Bradley Cooper

77.8%
  2. Ryan Reynolds

22.2%
  3. Justin Timberlake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

If those truly are the Final Three, I'll go with Bradley Cooper. I'm not a big Timberlake fan, and I'm still holding out hope that Reynolds will play the Flash (even though I know it's not very likely now :p). And even if that never comes to pass, he's already got his comic book role in Deadpool.

3. ElScoob

ElScoob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Can we have another option? Like, "Either one that's not Justin Timberlake?"

Or perhaps "Any person living or dead that's not Justin Timberlake?"

Seriously. I'd rather have, I dunno, Paul Lynde or Fred "Rerun" Berry play Hal Jordan than Justin Timberlake

--g

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bradley Cooper was great in The Hangover and like stated above Renyolds is working on developing Deadpool right now and as much as I've enjoyed his SNL skits I just can't see Justin Timberlake as Hal Jordan.

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

While he's no Fillion or Browder, I do like Cooper so I'm gonna go with him.

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Cooper: gotta go with the local boy.

7. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Cooper... He's been getting noticed more and more as of late.

I liked Reynolds as Deadpool... before the craziness at the end of Wolverine, so as long as they fix that mess, then I'll be fine with him in that role.

But even so, that still doesn't mean he can't play Flash since it would be a totally different Sandbox and all... (Hopes for it.)

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I'll go with Cooper, I suppose. Timberlake = FAIL.

9. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

After seeing him in The Hangover, I think Bradley Cooper is definitely my pick of the three mentioned, which is admittedly a woeful list to begin with. Ryan Reynolds, while exuding the natural charisma required for Hal Jordan, is a bit too witty of a choice, and plus, he's already Deadpool! That and I think he'd make a great Flash, too.

Justin Timberlake? Why the hell is he even being considered, nevertheless in the running?! That would be just as bad as if Ashton Kutcher became Batman like all of those premature casting rumors circulating Batman Begins back in the summer of 2003.

But Cooper... He just has natural screen presence. He can be fun and playful when required, but I have this strange feeling he probably has the most dramatic gravitas out of those three. I can't quite explain it.

Cooper isn't my ideal choice for Hal, mind you. That would be Nathan Fillion. But out of those three mentioned, Cooper is the clear winner. I'm surprised there's even a contest.

10. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I don't really know Cooper but he has the right look for Hal Jordon so I voted for him. I'd still like to see Ryan Reynolds as the Flash.

11. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

Cooper. Definitely Cooper!

12. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That list sucks. I was hoping Chris Pine would get the job. But I guess out of the three I would go with Cooper. If JT is picked, I'm going to have to do the unthinkable and boycott a GL movie. I've proudly never watched a film with JT in it, and that record must remain unbroken, no matter how painful it would be.

13. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

I voted for Cooper, but Reynolds would be fine, too. If Timberlake gets the part I'm going to Hulk the fuck out. :brickwall:

14. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I've waited for years for a GL movie and they want to put effing Justin Timberlake as the lead? Hell no! Cooper all the way.

15. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I'm voting for Cooper just because he was on ALIAS.

As for Justin Timberlake . . . hey, he's better than Jack Black! :)

16. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

I beg to differ. Jack Black knows The Metal.

17. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

THIS should be an option in the poll.

18. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like the comic-booky alliteration of "Ryan Reynolds," so he should become Hal Jordan. Besides, he looks the part.

Justin Timberlake? Let him destroy a Marvel film.

19. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

But he's no longer under consideration. By all reports, it's going to be one of the three in the poll.

20. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In our poll, Cooper currently leads 18-3 over Reynolds. Are you folks afraid that the Deadpool movie might not happen if Reynolds signs up as GL?