OBVIOUS stunt doubles

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Garm Bel Iblis, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Garm Bel Iblis

Garm Bel Iblis Commodore

Taking a queue from my avatar, what are some of the obvious appearances of stunt doubles in trek.

[​IMG]

2. Piper

Piper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nice pic. :lol: I'll have to go back and rewatch that again to spot them.

The one that always sticks out for me is when Kirk and Khan fight in Engineering in Space Seed.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  3. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

Also the fight between Commodore Decker and Crewman Useless in The Doomsday Machine. When it goes to the wide shot, it's clearly not Windom. One of the little things we pay for with the remastered versions is that we can see this much more clearly.

4. Garm Bel Iblis

Garm Bel Iblis Commodore

how about spock and mccoy in Mirror Mirror

[​IMG]

5. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

In the first post with Picard...did they really need a double just to throw a punch???

6. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He could have injured his hand, I suppose.

7. Garm Bel Iblis

Garm Bel Iblis Commodore

Sissy tea drinking brits :rommie:

I'm sure it's an insurance liability issue in filming.

8. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

You know, when I was quite young I never really noticed the doubles (I'm talkin' TOS). I actually started seeing them as the TVs got progressively larger and clearer.

9. NickInABox

NickInABox Captain Captain

Frailty thy name is Stewart?

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

More like an injured lead actor costs time and money.

11. knine

knine Captain Captain

This is the first one that comes to my mind as well. They don't even remotely look like Kirk and Khan. :lol:

12. TheKeeper

TheKeeper Commander Red Shirt

This may not qualify as a "stunt" double, but whoever played the other Kirk when the two were onscreen together in TOS' "The Enemy Within" was not enough of a Shatner likeness to carry the illusion.

13. Search4

Search4 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

What really gets me is the stunt Tribble walking on the rail... definitely doesn't look like the other tribbles!

14. Orac

Orac Fleet Admiral Admiral

Brent Spiner's stunt double in Descent Part 1 is pretty obvious..

[​IMG]

15. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I used to think stunt people was something Star Trek left behind after the original series, but I just watched "The Hunted" and "Hollow Pursuits" the other day and was shocked by how obvious the stunt men were when Danar was beating up everyone around the transporter room and when Barclay was fighting people on the holodeck. I'd think Dwight Schultz would have enough experience from being part of "The A-Team" to make a stunt man for him unnecessary. :)

16. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:wtf: Why would you think that? Stunt doubles are used all the time for action scenes, it's hardly an abandoned practice?!

Memory Alpha even has a list of stunt performers in Trek and credit them in episodes pages. They even have pictures in action, like the ones posted above...

Here is, for instance, the stunt double for Terry Farrell: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/File:Anita_Hart,_Move_Along_Home.jpg

stunt double for Alexander Siddig: : http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/File:Jeff_Cadiente,_The_Wire.jpg

stunt double for Roxann Dawson: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/File:Lynn_Salvatori_Faces.jpg
    /File:Brian_J_Williams,_The_Augments.jpg

stunt double for Gates McFadden: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/File:Stunt_double_Gates_McFadden_Suspicions.jpg MA also has pics of her as a stunt double for Nana Visitor, Michelle Forbes and a few other actresses.

17. Forbin

That's Patricia Tallman, who also played Lyta Alexander on Babylon 5. She's done stunts on all the major Trek shows, both doubling actors and in specific guest roles. She was one of the soldiers that dies repeatedly in DS9's 1st season "Battle Lines," doubled for Nana throughout the series, and she doubled Kai Winn's fall into the pit in the final DS9 ep. She was one of the terrorists in TNG's "Starship Mine." Pat was everywhere during that time. I even saw Mike Meyers punch her out in one of the Austin Powers movies.

18. Forbin

Here she is:
    [​IMG]

19. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

Data also shoved Pat into the ocean in Generations. You can tell by the hair.

20. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wish they'd a used one for dead brother Kirk on TOS Op.Annihilate. Shatner in a mustache. WHAT!! were they thinking. There's extras runnin' around the E all the time -- they couldn't hire one more male who SORT of looked like Shatner but not really -- you know, like brothers do in real life??