Last Classic Who Story you watched

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Pindar, Aug 29, 2012.

1. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Vengeance of Varos Sixth Doctor. For some reasons there is a controversy about this episode. I rewatched it to see what the big deal was. I couldn't find anything disagreeable.

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Well it was the 80s, and a Children's show, so, it's a pretty grim concept. Plus some people get bent about the acid pool thing, with The Doctor "pushing" the guy in.

3. M.A.C.O.

^Thanks
    Now that I think about it. The Sixth Doctor's era was very violent.

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I think Varos is a great story, and I don't say that about many 6th Doctor serials...

5. M.A.C.O.

His intro episode "The Twin Dilemma" makes me cringe. Romulus and Remus. This ain't Star Trek Nemesis. Lol

6. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Ya know I actually enjoy The Twin Dilemma, other than Romulus and Remus. If they weren't so annoying, I think it would actually be a pretty decent story

7. diankra

diankra Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The In-Vision issue for Twin Dilemma included a spoof news page about the twins' abduction, which mentioned that there was already a campaign to have the twins taken into care on the grounds of parental cruelty "They named twins Romulus and Remus, what more proof of cruelty do you need?"

8. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Claws of Axos, really enjoyable story.

CIA brought in to deal with the Master, bumbling self important minister and UNIT taken out of play by the regular army.

All good stuff.

9. Pindar

Colony in Space. Good story, but the music in this season is terrible.

A 6 parter but it didn't feel padded out, it would be just as relevant today.

Jo's first trip in the TARDIS was done nicely, especially her telling the Doctor how scared she was by it all.

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

just watched The Gunfighters for the first time. I'm not sure I get the hate? I mean I know the song is annoying (though it either grew on me or I was just desensitized by the end) but that aside I thought it was quite good, especially the final episode. I can see what they were trying to do with the song, it does haunt the story a little like Do not forsake me in High Noon-they just overdid it a bit (ok a lot!)

11. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    There are all kinds of interesting elements to "Paradise Towers." I always thought it interesting that Mel was a red-head who wore a blue and white outfit, yet that went unnoticed by both Kang groups.

This story is also memorable to me because of the guest stars (Richard Briers = Tom in Good Neighbors, and one of the Rezzies, who played Daisy in Keeping Up Appearances). Also, the leader of the Blue Kangs was married to Mark Strickson (Turlough).

My RL friends and I used to joke about the Great Pool In The Sky, since the hotel we went to for our annual summer science fiction conventions in Calgary had its swimming pool on the top floor - and the elevator had a bizarre habit of doing weird things. We never heard of any evil bad guys in the basement, though.

The song drove me nuts, as did William Hartnell's continued habit of saying "Wurp" instead of "Earp."

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I quite liked the Wearp bit...

13. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

I did watch "Twin Dilemma" recently, enjoyed the Doc's personality shifts but the episode was pretty awful imho, even beyond the duelling Wesleys -- it was a pretty stupid idea. The interaction with the old teacher was OK...

But just did "Castrovalva" and "Four to Doomsday", starting a Davison watch for the first time in decades... thought they were both fun.

"Ahh, conformity. There is no other freedom." - Monarch

:lol:

14. Pindar

Awakening, a 2 parter. So short like this post. I enjoyed it though.

15. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    Agreed. "Attack of the Cybermen" is very gruesome indeed. And then there's that guy that's half turned into a Dalek in "Revelation of the Daleks.":eek:

16. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Just finished watching Robots of Death for about the bazillionth time :D

17. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

Watched the new Spearhead from Space bluray this evening, a Jon Pertwee marathon is now on the cards.

18. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

How does it look?

19. MickJo1701

MickJo1701 Commander Red Shirt

The picture quality and colour is fantastic, all the fine detail that was buried on the videotape master pops off the screen. I'd really recommend it or upgrading if you don't mind double dipping.

If only all of classic Doctor Who was recorded on 16mm :drool:

20. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

The Reign Of Terror followed by Shada.