Star Trek CCG

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by cemos121, May 9, 2010.

1. cemos121

cemos121 Cadet Newbie

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone remembers star trek ccg. I used to play alot. I even made a site http://www.startrekccg.com on it. Does anyone here play it still?

Also do you have any ideas for my site?

2. Annorax

Annorax Lieutenant Red Shirt

It's pretty much dead. I still have my collections of just about everything good from First and Second Editions, but since nobody around here is interested in playing it I won't be building decks anytime soon. :(

3. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

When I was in the navy, and had just made sr chief, this I was heavily in CCG. I remember when we came to Boston, and I gave an airman $500 to find me Picard's card!!! He found one for $250 at a comic book store and got it for me. There were several TREK fans on that ship and we would scour whatever port we were in looking for comic book stores..always racing each other to find the cards...

Fun times...expensive!!! but fun..

Rob

4. milo bloom

milo bloom Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The varied and beautiful Chicagoland suburbs.
    Weird, I found myself in a Dollar Tree store over the weekend of all places, and up by the registers they had display boxes of trading cards, and they had several packs of this and the Star Wars CCG.
    I collected a bunch of the cards back in the day, but never had anyone to play with.

5. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I would say for about a good two years I played. Since I was a Senior Chief, I had pretty good access to places on the ship. I would let the lower rank guys, airmen and such, play in the chief's mess during after hours.

Rob

6. phrog

phrog Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Man oh man did I play a lot of this back in the day. Every Friday night a local bookstore had a gaming night and a group of us played. Had boxes upon boxes of the cards, a binder of printed out strategies and card information. Yeah, junior high and high school saw a lot of my cash going into those little packs, back when you could get them at Barnes and Noble, or any local card shop. I actually really miss it, even though I fell out of the game long before they stopped making them.

I too found the packs at the Dollar Tree recently and although the sight of them there made me a little sad and wistful, I certainly picked up a pack and grinned like an idiot opening them even though they were just first edition white borders.

7. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

First edition white borders...wow..that does make me feel old!!!

Rob

8. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

I never learned to play the CCGs, but I did collect them. These cards (whether they be Trek, or B5, or Doctor Who, etc.,) are perfect for autograph collecting. Cheap, easy to store, and durable. Me likey.

9. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

I am into the CCG--passionately. It's what got me into Star Trek in the first place. Irony of ironies: I get involved in '02. And just about no one sells them anymore.

To this day, I scour the "pastimes stores" for packs of the game.

10. barnaclelapse

barnaclelapse Commodore Commodore

I'm not even sure I remember this.

11. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I have been reading how some of you find them at dollar stores and the like...how much do they cost? I might start buying them again. Who knows, maybe we can start a 'rush' and their stock will go back up!!!

Rob

12. phrog

phrog Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

$1

13. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Im going today!

Rob

14. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I still have a bunch around that I have no use for. I have most of the big cards from Series 1. If anyone wants them I'd be willing to part with them pretty cheaply.

15. darthraidr

darthraidr Commodore Commodore

i used to play this game with Capt. Vulcan back in HS. it was okay. but at some point we just gave up on it. we probably didnt give it a fair shake, but oh well. my problem with CCGs is the cost associated with them. players with more money can simply buy a better deck. also, CCGs seem to pump expansions out way too quickly.

I do enjoy the board game/ccg Dominion. (not at all trek related). it's got all the cards you need for a game, and incorporates deck building as a key mechanic of gameplay.
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/36218/dominion

if there were a trek game like that, i'd pick it up in a heartbeat.

16. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I actually agree. We eventually started to modify the game and just used the ships only..no people.

Rob

17. kitsune

kitsune Captain

I never played the CCG as I never had anyone to play with. But, I did collect all of the Starfleet ships, and the main cast from each series (at least the ones I liked). I keep them in a binder with pocketed plastic sheets that hold nine cards each.

18. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

hmmm..better not give us your real address. Your life could be in real danger!!!

LOL

19. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

My brother and I collected a ton of these back in the day. Still have them sitting in a box in the attic.

20. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Searched all over..couldn't find any of them at any of the local Dollar stores..damn!!!

Though, I did some great new wiffle balls and a bat!!

Rob