SCRE4M (Film 2011) Discussion/Grade *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Apr 8, 2011.

?

Grade SCRE4M(Scream 4)!

Poll closed Oct 5, 2011.
  1. A-Excellent!

26.3%
  2. B-Good

36.8%
  3. C-Average

26.3%
  4. D-Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F-Horrible!

10.5%
  1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Like I said there are plans for a trilogy. I think Kevin Williamson has already done treatments for five and six if this does well at the box office and I do expect it to have a huge weekend. This film is set up to be a final film for the original three remaining cast members and a launching pad for the newbies.

2. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Williamson told Entertainment Weekly that he has had no thoughts about movies beyond this one (and that he hasn't even spoken with Bob Weinstein after the arguments that resulted in Williamson leaving the project and Kruger coming in for rewrites).

3. XFozzboute

XFozzboute Captain In Memoriam

Craven has stated in a few interviews that I've read that it is intended to be a new trilogy. I hate 2 and 3 and I hate the new cast so I will pass on this unless they amp up the gore again.

4. Admiral_Young

Interesting. That contrasts with what I've read about the future beyond this flm. Oh well. I still expect this movie to do well and wouldn't be surprised to see an announcement on "Scream 5" if it does have a monster weekend.

5. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

If it does well, I'm sure they'll make more. I'm just saying they shouldn't.

6. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I felt that way after seeing the third one. I never cared much for it, and I only saw it once (on opening weekend). Id did try to see it again, but thanks to a snafu with Amazon (well, it was really my fault, I forgot to update my address!) it never got sent to me!! Thankfully they refunded my money...I just never got around to ordering it again.

This one has kind of reinvigorated my interest in the series, I do own the first two and still think they're great films, and if this one is good, I just may go back and give the third film a second chance.

7. Timby

That's what was attributed to Craven in early press releases, and possibly a few interviews, but his tune has changed over the last several months. Heck, just last month he said, "It doesn't feel like my film anymore," and "I signed up to do a script by Kevin, and unfortunately that didn't go all the way through the shooting." I'm sure they'll make more installments if this one makes a pile of money, but Spiff is right -- they really shouldn't. To keep on making sequels would probably turn the series into a parody of itself, like Saw. "Beat this fucking horse until it bleeds money!"

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

They should start making Stab movies. :lol: :sigh:

9. Timby

I think that already happened, with Scary Movie.

10. Chick_McGeester

Chick_McGeester Lieutenant

Awww come on. 5 pages and no ones spoiled the ghostface? Not even in spoiler code?

11. Admiral_Young

This movie's been in lockdown mode since production started. Spoilers have been extremely hard to come by.

12. Spaceman Spiff

Spaceman Spiff Intrepid Explorer Administrator

The thing about this one is it really needed a decade or so of development in order to get to the point where it could say the things implied by the review. It needed a decade of horror remakes and post-Scream self-aware horror movies. Now it's in a perfect position to skewer all of that stuff, and after that's done, what's left to say?

Maybe they should schedule Scream 5 for 2021 and see what happens to the genre in the meantime. ;)

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Anyone seeing a midnight showing? :p

14. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I kind of want to now. But the thing is months ago I was talking this movie up to a friend of mine and kept telling her she was going to see it with me. Since I did that I kind of feel obligated to go with her (and her boyfriend). Otherwise I would be seeing this at the midnight showing.

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Richard Roeper gave Scream 4 a B+. Roger Ebert gave it two stars (or a C).

16. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Ebert's review seems rather cynical. Ten years ago he liked what Scream was offering up, he rated the first three films highly. I don't see anything in his review that necessarily contradicts what he said about the others. Perhaps he's just rating it low because it's the fourth installment in the series. He never really rates any fourth installment that highly anyways.

17. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Surely, it can't be any worse than the 3rd one. The first two really good, but, IMHO, the 3rd one lost it's way

18. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

So infinix & issreliant have seen it and decided it is horrible? Care to explain??? :p

19. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Most of the reviews I've read say it was better than the third one.

At the very least, this is Kevin Williamson's story, with the third one Williamson had little to no involvement with the film. I don't expect it to be better than the first two, but I think it should be at least better than the third.

20. Admiral_Young

^ I think everyone expects it to be better than the horrid "Scream 3".