Complete Farscape on DVD Nov 17

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 23skidoo, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

I'm curious as to how the commentaries and other extras on THIS set compare to those on the Starburst set. I have the complete Starburst series, but S1 is on those damnable dual-sided discs. :scream: Hence, why I wouldn't mind replacing them at least.

2. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm convinced those DVD-18's are evil. I'm just glad that Universal is in the process of replacing them.

I'm also glad now that I never got the Starburst sets. The new Farscape set looks to be a better deal all the way around.

3. Neroon

Well, when they came out the only other option was the original high-priced set from ADV. And I was able to get the Starburst sets for a good deal from places online. Since I was hooked on Farscape like few other shows ever.... they were a blessing.

Or maybe a new drug.

:lol:

4. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

Thanks for the heads up on the Best Buy version with the miniseries. I'll check and see if it's available at the BBs here in Canada before I order from Amazon.

If not, it's not a huge deal as the miniseries is pretty easy to find separately. This isn't quite the same thing as, say, when they first released Twin Peaks on DVD and weren't allowed to include the first episode because of the clusterfrell involving the pilot movie.

Alex

5. Neroon

"clusterfrell" - :lol:

I approve of this word!

6. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

^Yeah, I like it too.

7. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Early reports seemed to suggest that the new sets were just porting the features over from the Starburst DVDs, but I hope that's not the case. The commentaries for this series are usually informative and fun.

8. Neroon

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed the commentaries on the Starburst set. Browder and Black in particular were merciless in their review of "Jeremiah Crichton". :lol:

9. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Oh, I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I'm just hoping for more, that's all. The "When good shows go bad" commentary on Jeremiah Crichton is one of the best I've ever heard.

10. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

Indeed, I picked-up Peacekeeper Wars at Barnes and Noble a couple weeks back for about $15 in preparation for getting the series box set later this month.

11. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

I've spent the last 2 days massive hint dropping with my wife. She finally said today, "Do you want that Farscape boxset for Christmas or something?". I just looked at her and shook my head up and down. Took her a while, but she got it finally.

12. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

Does anyone know if they remastered the transfers?

13. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's about damned time.

14. HighteeHeller

HighteeHeller Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A few months ago someone posted a comic strip with a reference to Farscape, and for the life of me i just cant seem to find it. It referenced Crackers Don't Matter...nobody has pizza with Margaritas!

Im hoping someone can help me out!

Oh and i got another friend hooked on Farscape. It's just another excuse for me to watch it again and talk non stop about it.:techman:

15. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've managed to convince a friend who has always complained about "puppets" in the show to give it a try when it comes out on DVD. Hopefully we'll have another convert in the world of Farscape soon.

16. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've got the complete set of Farscape, but I'm glad to see this and hope old and new Scapers enjoy. I'm personally waiting for it to come out on Blu Ray. That and Babylon 5.

And, like Babylon 5, the first season isn't as good as what comes, but there is great stuff, and the seeds planted grows beautiful foliage later. Both shows pay off patience and long attention spans.

17. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Babylon 5 is never, ever coming to Blu-Ray, certainly not in HD. A company that actually cared about the program and had serious piles of cash to invest into it would have to assume the rights, and Warner Bros. hasn't shown any interest in the past in selling it.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Plus there'd be a massive amount of restoration needed (the FX would have to be done from scratch), just like with TNG, DS9 and Voyager. I'm not sure any company's going to pony up for something like that. It would also take too long...

19. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Which is what the serious piles of cash I mentioned would be for. :)

20. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Stranger things have happened. If Battlestar Galactica can get what it has gotten, our fanbase is at least comparable to that one.

And I count for BOTH!

:)