Fallout New Vegas decisions

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by drazzz52923849, Jan 21, 2011.

1. drazzz52923849

drazzz52923849 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I would like to start out in saying that i am extremely pro NCR and all of my decisions in 36 hours revolved around them. I was just curious on how other people think about the wide variety of decisions in this great game.
    SPOILER. The NCR mostly make things better in the end. If you have the Great khans help you in the battle for hoover dam, they are dicks to them and nobody likes the taxes imposed by the NCR but i truly believe, despite corruption they are going to save the human race.

2. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Probably the only "bad" decision is letting Caesar take over. The others are all morally ambiguous.

3. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

I sided with the NCR, but I wiped out the Khans early in the game. I hadn't intended to. I forgot about the faction armour triggering hostility and it was self-defence, I assure you.

I was quite excited when I finished the game and immediately started a second, so I could explore other paths but quickly got bored. Maxing out at level 30 long before you get near the end of the game is a bit of a drag.

4. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I played every possible decision out, and I think the two I liked best were Mr. House and... well, little old me.

5. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I am pretty much at the beginning of the game and kill everybody I come across. I think I have to restart because I don't have any powerful enough weapons to get back the Deathclaws. A friend told me if I stop killing everybody then it will lead me to getting better weapons.

6. Winterwind

Killing everyone doesn't affect the weapons you can buy (unless you're killing shopkeepers). However killing everyone is rather absurd in a game like this, where you're supposed to be following various quests and side-quests. But, to each their own. Maybe you're role-playing a homicidal maniac. ;)

7. Winterwind

Finally!

Dead Money, the DLC that came out for X-Box in December will be out for PC and PS3 at the end of this month.

I've heard mixed reviews on it but I intend to get it.

8. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Granted, I'm not all that far into the game, but so far the NCR seem a bit like the Alliance from Firefly. They may be out for what they think is the good of everyone, but they're forcing their will and authority on people. I'm not about to go back Ceasar, but I'm certainly not in the NCR camp, either.

9. Kieran1701

Kieran1701 Ensign Red Shirt

I just started playing, but I also am making a lot of pro-NCR decisions. To me, it seems like the Caesars are just insane!

Originally, I thought about playing both sides against the middle, but after seeing what the Caesars did to that town, I really didn't think that'd be smart.

What do you all think about the Powder Gangers, though?

10. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I killed every one of them on sight. :D

11. drazzz52923849

drazzz52923849 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ceasar has some good points about some of the factions, but he is going about it totally wrong.
    And the powder gangers are a very minor faction that don't really help very much in any aspect.
    And i would recommend getting the enclave remnants to help you at the en. you do this by going to places with arcade gannon. :mallory:

12. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

there is no true "good" ending...at least not yet, there is still DLC to come

13. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

dredging this up :ouch:

I'm a bit stymied . . . I killed Yes Man, and House wants me to destroy BOS, but I like them and they made me a Paladin so I can't very well do that now can I?
    can you guys tell me (with as few spoilers as possible) what happens if I kill Mr. House?
    should I just re-start and not kill Yes Man? . . . that's gotta be the stupidest thing I could have done

14. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's impossible to kill Yes Man, as he's a program on the network and can jump from securitron to securitron, so if you kill Mr. House, you can still go back and work for Yes Man (or NCR/Legion if you haven't pissed them off yet past the point of no return.) Regardless, Yes Man is always available if all the other faction quest lines have closed to you. And feel free to kill House. I like the BoS as well, and his demand that you wipe them out is pretty much a deal breaker for me. NCR, Legion, and Yes Man lines all require that you kill him.

Just make sure you've found all the non-DLC snowglobes before you do so though, as House's securitron Jane disappears afterwards so you can't receive payment for recovering them.

15. jerriecan

jerriecan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

With a high enough BoS rep and Speech skill, you can talk the BoS into supporting the NCR during the Battle for Hoover Dam, and the NCR will grudgingly accept. Yes Man doesn't make you kill them - he doesn't care either way. But House and Caesar, yeah, they insist on full BoS termination.

16. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

okay :D
    when I found him behind Benny's room I just kept shooting him . . . I thought it was funny because he didn't go hostile
    I went back later and he wasn't there . . . so I guess he moved or something

[edit] I think I'm definitely going to scrap Mr House even though he's voiced by Odo himself, Rene Auberjonois :D

17. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I killed Ceaser and wiped out his camp after he had the cheek to think he could pardon me for my "crimes" and then "summon" me at his leisure. Boone got a kick out of it.

18. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Heh, that's pretty much what I did, too. Got the summons, so I waltzed in there with Boone and wiped the place out.

19. jerriecan

jerriecan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Heck, only reason I killed Caesar this time is because I was looking for proof the Khans would be enslaved by the Legion. Caesar's bodyguards whooped my ass in the tent - got to have room to fight those guys...

20. XwarlokX

XwarlokX Lieutenant Red Shirt

Been thinking about wearing the BoS armor into Caesars tent and using the fat man to set off a nuke inside. I think that's the only armor in the game that could handle a point blank explosion like that and have the wearer not turned to goo.

Since I lost ALL my save data, I'm going to be playing through this again in the next few days. Gotta see if my thinking is right...