TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Rikerbabe

Rikerbabe Commodore Commodore

How's the writing going, kEROTH ??? I'm anxiously awaiting a sequel! :thumbsup:

2. jkladis

jkladis Moderator Admiral

Missed this earlier. Glad to have you here, neighbor. :)

There's actually a few of us in the Chicago area. We do meet-ups periodically, too. I'll let you know when the next one is coming up if you're interested.

3. kEROTH

kEROTH Lieutenant Red Shirt

Working on it, working on it. I was hoping to get it started on Christmas Day, but I wound up cooking all day. However, my husband's white counts are too low to go partying this weekend, so maybe...?

And of course I'm interested in metting up! Let em know when something's planned, please!

4. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

To be honest, I don't really know any of the posters around here yet, and I'm not sure I'd be ready for a meetup, but I appreciate your thoughtfulness in including me. If you get the chance, let me know when the next one is (or where to look for announcements). Maybe I'll be a regular poster around here by then. :)

5. ski

ski Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Newby here, glad to be here and able to participate in your forum, I'm an Army Instructor down here in Missouri but I do frequent Chicago, I saw quite a few members from CHI town. I enjoy TNG as it's what I grew up with, also an avid Voyager fan :rolleyes:but not DS9 :wtf: Look forward to the discussions. :D

6. Gaseous Anomaly

Gaseous Anomaly Bonzo Admiral

Welcome newbies, hope you enjoy the TNG Fourm. :)

7. outriderx

outriderx Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

jkladis - how's it? we met in Vega$ this year. Where is everyone? I start posting a little here and there and I don't see Buster or Leaf anyplace.

8. Grand Admiral Thrawn

Grand Admiral Thrawn Captain Captain

Hi folks, i usually frequent the 'general Trek' forum

My name is Mark Smith and i'm involved in fundraising and PR for an Urban Arts centre in Liverpool - England. I write allot in my spare time and have a journalism background

Besides Trek i like the Sopranos and the shield, as well as retro classics like Transformers Knite Rider, the A team etc...
    I love Liverpool Football (soccer) Club too cahmpions of Europe!

I love TNG and its a toss-up between that and DS9 for me, although i have to admit if someone offered to make me a new season of either show - i'd choose TNG

I loved the Trek movies and remember seeing TSFS at the cinema, TWOK was also played nearly every day even when i was a kid.

I remember getting some action figures of Picard, Worf, and La Forge back in 89, and my interest was peaked, I then started following it religiously and still have the DVD's (although not all of them which saddens me!)

9. jkladis

jkladis Moderator Admiral

Vircon thread died off, but I'm sure there will be another one in the near future. We're all still here. :thumbsup:

How ya doing?

10. rac76

rac76 Captain Captain

Just wanted to drop in and say "hi". I been watching TNG what seems like forever. I don't remember when I began watching, I think would have been around the 3rd season, but I'm not positive. I do remember watching and taping (still have the tape!) of "All Good Things" and shedding a few tears. Enjoyed watching the movies and seeing everybody on the big screen.

Favorite episodes are "Elementary, Dear Data" and "Ship in a Bottle" I just love those two episodes. Watch the repeats on Spike and now on G4.

I'm also a fan of Voyager, so you can catch me hanging around there, too. :)

Just a quick bio: I'm almost 30 (can't believe that 30 years have gone by so fast-I've been wondering where they disappeared), I live in the northeast Georgia, and I'm a girl.

11. VR4

VR4 Ensign Red Shirt

Hey all, I'm a new member around here. I'm 22 and can't remember exactly when I got into TNG but it was probably half way through it's run. I was hooked from that point forward. After TNG ended (which was a devastating event in my childhood), I got into Voyager.

I never cared for DS9 but now that I can quote just about every episode of TNG, I find myself really enjoying DS9 since it's all new to me. I'm saving up some cash for the DVDs right now :)

Anyway, Picard is definitely my favorite character but Data, Worf, and Riker are all up there. Unlike a lot of people, I don't really care for the Borg episodes, mainly cause they stress me out so much... haha :o That's about it, see all of you around the forum :D

12. outriderx

outriderx Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Good to hear, hope everyone is doing well! Just trying to be active on the BBS, hard to do with all of life's moments (and all my other intrests!)

13. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey newbies, it's been a while since I checked into this thread, so I figured I'd say hi.

For those of you who I haven't run into yet, I'm 26 (as of next week actually), male, and live in Vermont (quite possibly the only Green Mtn Boy on the BBS). In my spare time, when I'm not posting in TNG, Movies, Misc., Stargate, and the occasional Star Wars thread - I work as a civil/environmental engineer.

14. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's been awhile since I checked this thread. I was thrilled to see another Vash fan! Yea!!! :thumbsup: I love the Vash character. She's just way too cool! :cool:

Welcome to the board, ch'Rihan.

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

15. Udat

Udat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Boy do I love these threads.

We get to speak about ourselves and I love talking about me. But enough about me, lets get back to me....

TNG was where it all started for me, and I always view it as the birth place of modern trek. My only regret is I don`t own any seasons on Dvds.... :(

16. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I love these threads, too. This BBS has been such a trip for years...even when we're stupid and illogical we're entertaining! :D :thumbsup:

17. stevetrekker

stevetrekker Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

My name is Steve and I live in the New Haven area of Connecticut.

I grew up watching TOS in the late 70's in reruns and was obviously a skeptic when TNG was announced and premiered in September 1987. Despite the skepticism, I watched it and wasn't that blown away by it yet, but I saw that it was well-written and acted.

As season one progressed, I found myself watching it more and more, and being more and more impressed by it as shows such as "Heart Of Glory" "The Big Goodbye" and "11001001" had me shocked into thinking, "this is not half bad". By the end of the season and "Conspiracy" I was hooked, and happily eating crow. :lol: It eventually got me into Trek fandom.

Since then, TNG only got better thoughout it's run, and DS9 slightly bettered it IMHO ;). I like VOY and ENT as well, but ENT was curtailed perhaps by it's pre-mature cancellation, and VOY lived up to most, but not all of it's potential.

And today? I am currently collecting all of the series on DVD, which I aim to complete before the year is out. :)

As for my favorite characters, that's hard to choose. If you pinned me down to it, it would be Data, because I see in him someone who tries to fit in (his quest to be more human). I also love the Picard/Crusher relationship and am a major Bev-head as well. (Naraht, You like to post that pic and yes, I like to look at it. :drool: :D)

18. SingularSpartan

SingularSpartan Captain Captain

Hey everybody, I'm Sean, and TNG is my favorite Trek.

TNG was what started up my interest in science fiction generally, and also of course my love of Trek. I remember watching it as a kid and hanging on every episode. I actually still remember where I was when I saw the commercial about the last episode. Up to then, I didn't even know that shows did end, so I was devasted. However, thanks to the wonders of DVD, I can now watch the entire show whenever I want.

Captain Picard is definitely my favorite character, with Data and Riker vying for second place. My favorite episodes are "The Best of Both Worlds"; not the most original choice, I know, but the best episodes of that show, and of all of Trek.

19. Felicia

Felicia Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hey Everyone...

Felicia here. I've been a Trek Fan every since I was a baby chicken. I watched the original series religiously. My favorite character was Spock...he was just so calm, cool, and collect.

I was really excited when TNG made it's debut...and of course, Data won my heart. He is the bomb!! He is like the prefect guy. He can't lie and he wouldn't care if I gained 5 lbs....I wouldn't have to worry about cooking for him, or giving up sex...he doesn't need it...lol.

20. Subversive

Subversive Ensign Newbie

Hi there... I'm Laura and I've been watching TNG since birth. Some of my better childhood memories concern the series. :p

I'm 18, currently a junior in college doublemajoring in British History and Studio Art (painting). I attend school in Virginia, but I'm originally from Los Angeles, California. When not Trek-obsessing I paint, read, fence, dance, and occassionally cook for fun.

My favorite TNG character is by far Beverly, and I consider myself a Picard/Crusher shipper, although I've always thought Crusher and Troi would make the cutest couple. ;) I'm one of those weird few who actually liked Sub Rosa, but All Good Things is my favorite episode.