Game of Thrones 2.4 - "Garden of Bones" - Rate and discuss

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Apr 21, 2012.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

62.5%
  2. Above average

30.0%
  3. Average

5.0%
  4. Below average

2.5%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Rate and discuss (with spoilers for the episode, but not for forthcoming episodes) "Garden of Bones", airing on the 22nd April on HBO and on the 23rd April on Sky Atlantic. To discuss this episode with spoilers for future events please use this thread.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPDp-MWyflM&feature=player_detailpage[/yt]

2. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This one's gonna be fun. :devil:

3. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

The Dothraki story finally gets exciting.

4. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

Bumping for tonight... But first I have to go into a 3 hr self-imposed internet access exile to not spoil myself :) (being a west coaster)

5. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

They rendered the birth scene quite spookily.

*waves* Hi Roose!

Glad to see Tywin again. I missed having him on the show.

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Joffrey is such a little shit.

I liked how Tyrion made that knight (sorry, bad with names) go from cocky and rude to kissing his ass in the span of a couple minutes. :lol:

I haven't read the books but I've always liked Charles Dance. That birth scene was crazy, they've handled magic interestingly on ths show.

7. Hyperspace05

Excellent. Relentlessly grim, but excellent.

Great job on the birthing scene. They pulled it off better than I could have imagined.

.. and rest assured, they will continue to do so. "Magic" is certainly real in this story, but you can be sure that this is not heading down typical fantasy roads.

8. MichaelDornFan

MichaelDornFan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

What exactly happened with the birth? I haven't read the books so it's kind of confusing.

9. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

I wanna know too.

10. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Melisandre gives birth the Shadows that kill for her. Stannis shags her, in order to implant a shadow of himself which is then born from her like a baby despite being adult-sized (much to Davos Seaworth's revulsion) and gets cast a short distance even to within enclosed chambers, where it can kill people as if it was Stannis himself - who in turn inhabits it while dreaming.

11. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Holy crap, this episode was disturbing and brutal. Joffrey channeling Caligula, amputation, brutal torture, heads on spikes, weird birth scene ...
    You know the writer did a very good job turning the grimness factor to 11 when the most positive scene of the episode was Tywin saving the prisoners.

I love this show.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah, finally the real origin of Lost's smoke monster. :D Damn, that birth scene was creepy as hell though not as creepy as Joffrey. What a sadistic little fucked up piece of shit he is. He should've been smothered at birth. I hope he dies an extremely long and painful death after being tortured for a week or two.

13. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

Did we see the hookers before?

14. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

The one doing the whipping is the queen whore at littlefingers, Roz. She's been seen with Tyrion, Theon, Maester Pycelle, LittleFinger, and almost took Jon Snows virginity. She's like the Forrest Gump of prostitutes. "Life is like a box of chocolates, it's only a matter of time before it all ends up in your mouth." The whore du jour.

The other one I'm pretty sure we've seen before also. She may have been one of the whores with Robert, or actually maybe one of the whores in Winterfell with Tyrion. I think in the commentary they mention that one of the actresses from that scene ends up re-used as a handmaiden in Kings Landing, so maybe that's her.

15. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I said both those things to my wife as we watched. :lol:

16. Hyperspace05

I have no idea what book you read... Either you are just throwing him off the trail, because much of that is NOT accurate to the book.

Next time when trying to spoil someone, I would recommend just keeping it short and to the point. And don't be a **** by trying to answer more than what they asked for.

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

This episode feel shorter than usual? By the time we got through the 'last week on' bit, through the opening credits, it was like 9:07 give or take. And it finished by like 9:53. Seems like on both ends, there were a couple minutes less than usual. Maybe I just don't notice it finishing so early, but noticed this time?

18. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Well it appears that Robb may derail his mother's marriage plans for him. He seemed to like the battlefield nurse quite a bit.

I like Margeary. She deftly handled Littlefinger.

I don't know what he was expecting, but LF should have known that Cat would be ready to roast him. Did he not think that she would hear that he had a knife at Ned's throat?

I hate the Lannisters as a whole but Tyrion and Tywin are two of my favorite characters. Charles Dance is always fantastic and his entry into the camp was an ep highlight. He gave them all the what-for, saved Gendry and sized up Arya faster than it takes to make microwave popcorn. Also, I love that Tyrion treats Joffre like the horrid litte wee man he is, and his intimidation of his effeminate little cousin was a riot.

Joffre needs to die horribly and slowly. He is a sadist.

Jorah looked that he was praying that Dani would shut her pie hole. It was a great scene.

19. Yevetha

Yevetha Commodore

I assume that she did not bring all the Dothraki with her. That was a rather small caravan.

20. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

She looks like the prostitute from last week with Grand Maester Pycelle.