THE WOLVERINE - Reviews and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 22, 2013.

?

Rate The Wolverine

1. Excellent

20.5%
  2. Above Average

44.6%
  3. Average

30.1%
  4. Below Average

3.6%
  5. Poor

1.2%
  1. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

"This deal is getting worse all the time." - Lando Calrissian

2. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Here is the press release

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

What a load of crap concerning the Extended Edition.

The film will finish somewhere around $375-380m Worldwide when it's all said and done. It currently has $373m WW. On a $120m budget. Even the rumored 2.5 budget axiom works here.

I wonder if they'll wait for the DVD release or post Days of Future Past to announce a third solo Wolverine film. It seems this film will have been worthy financially of a successor.

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I'm too lazy to link but apparently Jackman said, while publicising Prisoners, something along the lines that it would take a really special script to get him to reprise the role again. Personally, I'm taking that with a pinch of salt.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Does that mean "Days of Future Past" might be the final Wolverine/Jackman appearance?

6. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Thread winner. :bolian:

7. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Friggin' Fox. They pulled this shit with Prometheus too, the only way to get the big doco was to buy the 3D version. I wonder how this will play out in other regions.

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Sounds like possible leveraging. Could be he's angling for a stronger position at the bargaining table. Maybe any contract he had is over with DOFP, so a third Wolverine and/or other appearances will mean FOX has to pony up.

9. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Everything I've heard up to this point has indicated to me that Jackman really loves playing Wolverine, and wants to keep doing it as long as he can. This is the first I've heard anything to the contrary.

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I imagine the paycheck is nice too! ;)

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I am really pissed off about the extended cut only being in 3D! More and more I am being very selective in what I buy on DVD or Blu-Ray. But I had every intention to buy. its BS!

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The extended cut itself is not in 3D. The set comes with the theatrical release on a 3D disk, and then the theatrical version again and the extended version will be on standard disks. So think of it this way-- if you buy the 3D version, you still get everything you want on standard disks, plus you get a free coaster! :lol:

13. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

To put it more simply, you get the extended edition in both 2D and 3D if you buy the 3D version. :p

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The extended edition only being with the 3D version really annoys me. I understand it's on one of the 2D discs, but it still sucks for people who want to see the EE but don't have 3D. You shouldn't have to pay extra for something you don't have any interest in to be able to see something you want.

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Yeah, this sucks for costumers and fans, but it has been going on for years now with studios pricing dvds with bonus features at a higher cost. :shrug:

16. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

It'd be cool if in 20/30 years they brought him back to do an Old Man Logan style Wolverine movie. Although to be fair by then I'm sure they'll have probably rebooted the character/actor twice over.

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

18. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

If the Extended Cut is on a standard disk I will consider it. At least it means there are probably ways to see it without buying it... ;)

19. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

You shouldn't have said that! Now Wolverine will be after you while you are asleep! Don't mess with FOX, bub! :devil:

20. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral