Imaginaerum

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by NrobbieC, Sep 15, 2012.

1. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

Nightwish's movie Imaginaerum has it's premier on the 10th of November following a concert , what I would give to be there. And then in Finnish cinemas on the 23rd.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U84fhOqqRBY

To go with the film, they're releasing a score album, featuring some divine new versions of the songs from last year's album. Nightwish have ramped everything to 11 recently, album, live shows, I imagine the film will be excellent too. Hate to sound like a gushing fan but they're better than ever.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQTu4dNNDPE&feature=youtu.be

2. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Can't wait to see it, been waiting for news or hints at all about it since before the album was released.

3. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Is the music from the score different than the orchestral only versions of the songs from the album?

I'm a huge fan, but "better then ever"? Not quite. "As good as ever" I'll agree with.

Any ideas of a DVD/blu-ray release timetable?

4. NrobbieC

Yeah, actually better based on the sample I was underwhelmed by the orchestrals mostly, but those type of orchestrals feel like half a song to me, as opposed to these which are new recordings.

No idea on DVDs yet.

We'll have to agree to disagree, personally I think they keep getting better.

5. Ar-Pharazon

My issue is, I've heard Anette do live versions of some Tarja-era stuff & she didn't sound good.

Musically, they're still a great as ever, maybe better, but I miss Tarja in there. Her voice was made for symphonic metal & visa versa.

The orchestral versions are the same song/same mix without the vocal track, so yeah, sometimes they doesn't sound quite right as instrumentals.

6. NrobbieC

Ah, I don't like Tarja so Anette doing pre-Era stuff has never bothered me. Quite the opposite actually, Anette is my favourite singer so yeah, bias galore.

7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I much prefer Anette anyway, and I was listening to the Tarja era stuff for years before she turned up.

8. NrobbieC

I didn't discover them until 2008.

9. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

You missed Dark Passion Play's release then, Amaranth is one of my favourite songs of their entire discography.

10. NrobbieC

Yeah, I love what the new live version they started doing this year. I'm sort of glad I wasn't around then, the Tarjatards* are still whining today and she was fired 7 years ago (next month, iirc) back then there would've been in full force.

*Tarjatards are different to Tarja fans just to be clear.

11. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Ugh yeah they were, you couldn't go to a single site without seeing someone taking a potshot at Anette or bashing the band for accepting her.

12. Ar-Pharazon

^ If fans did that for every band that changed lead singers, sheesh. (They probably do, but I don't go to that many other sites)

I discovered NW around 2006, so, after Tarja was fired, but before they hired Anette, so I don't have the unnatural fixation for Tarja.

I still prefer Tarja's voice for this kind of music, but I own both Anette albums.

13. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Sorry to necro the thread but Nightwish just posted this on their Facebook Group Page.

Press statement

Another chapter of the Nightwish story has ended today. Nightwish and Anette Olzon have decided to part company, in mutual understanding, for the good of all parties involved.

In recent times it has become increasingly obvious that the direction and the needs of the band were in conflict, and this has led to a division from which we cannot recover.

Nightwish has no intention of cancelling any upcoming shows, and as a result we have decided to bring in a substitute vocalist starting in Seattle 1.10.2012. Her name is Floor Jansen from The Netherlands (ex-After Forever, ReVamp), and she has graciously stepped in to help us complete the Imaginaerum world tour.

We are all strongly committed to this journey, this vehicle of spirit, and we are sure that this will lead to a brighter future for everyone.

We forever remain excited about the adventures to come, and we are extremely proud of the two beautiful albums and the wonderful shows we shared together.

- NIGHTWISH & Anette Olzon

14. NrobbieC

What?!

I suppose she does have 2 kids and stuff so priorities. Still tragic.

Edit: seems she's also had health problems. The internet is going to be full of hate and bring back Tarja comments again I'd wager.

15. Ar-Pharazon

The break with Tarja was probably way too acrimonious for that reunion to ever occur.

Those statements have none of the negativity of the ones put out when Tarja was sacked.

Still, if anyone can fill in for the live shows well, it's Floor. She doesn't quite have Tarja's perfect tone, but close.

16. Genesis

Genesis Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Oh, wow. Nightwish is my favorite band, and I was ready to be upset until I heard Floor was stepping in. I like her better than Tarja or Anette. Think there's any chance they'll record one of the shows so that I can hear her singing their songs? Or keep her on for another album (which would be best thing Star Trek, lol)?

17. NrobbieC

Yeah, Anette's just leaving as opposed to Tarja being sacked. I'd doubt (and hope not) they'd get back with Tarja but there will probably be lots of comments. If 7 years hasn't stopped them what will?

18. Ar-Pharazon

Although, if a reunion with Tarja could ever occur, it would take a lot of maturity on both sides.

I'm sure the fault was on both sides.

Time will tell. I too would love to see live material with Floor. She's amazing live.