Enterprise was my best ST

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by MovieFreak, Aug 7, 2009.

1. MovieFreak

MovieFreak Cadet Newbie

Enterprise was my best Star Trek show ever.

Yes it was a little different but i liked it very much.

2. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I'm with you. TOS holds a special place for me (the firstborn and all, you know), but the ENT characters, combined with the high production values and often (not always, but often) fun and interesting stories kept me coming back for more and more and more!

Still :( all these years after it was struck down in its prime.

3. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is my favorite series after Tos because of the characters . I still think their could've been so many more stories to tell with these characters.

4. frenchman

frenchman Commander Red Shirt

for me, it's the first show (not only on the star trek franchise) that i like all the characters, at different degrees but i like them all. Usualy, on a show, there is always one or two character (or actors) who piss me off.
    And i wouldn't want to see anyone else that these actors. Enterprise without Trip or Archer or hoshi or even Travis won't be Enterprise anymore.

jinx, i agree with you.

5. Middleman

Middleman Captain Captain

You're not going to get an argument from me.

6. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There was plenty that I liked about Enterprise and not a whole lot I didn't.

7. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I never compare TOS to any of the spin-offs because it is THE original, so ENT would be #3 on my list. Way better than VOY, but TNG and DS9 are untouchable at the top.

So if Star Trek was ATP, TNG and DS9 would be Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal (respectively), with ENT being Andy Murray or Novak Djokovic, while VOY would be something like James Blake (a good player, excellent at times, but does not belong among the greats). :D :D

8. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

TOS will always be my preference.

And... ENT is my second favourite of the franchise. I can't quite put my finger on "Why" though. I watched all of TNG. It was hit and miss, but got better around season three. I never cared for DS9 or Voyager though I watched both occasionally.

ENT just felt... more "mine" if that makes any sense.

9. TheOriginalGuru

TheOriginalGuru Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Yeah, but the problem is, when Enterprise was good, everyone wanted to watch it, but when Enterprise was bad, people left it in droves.

Kind of like Andy Murray (and how he is portrayed in the English media); if Murray was playing well, he was the "British" winner, but if he lost, he was the "Scottish" loser.

Personally, I'm a long-time "Niner", however, I think Enterprise was never given the credit it was duly noted, and should have been given the respect it deserved, but never got.

10. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

The canonistas and the Trek purists are the ones to blame. You wouldn't believe how many Trekkies took that line of GR's - "Always look into the future, not the past" way too literally and seriously. For example, every now and then (on this little Croatian board) someone pops up claiming that ENT was an abomination for braking the "not the past" rule (ST XI got the same kind of treatment from most of these people).

11. Treknut

Treknut Captain Captain

Enterprise is my Fav too.

The cast was great and I like how in the end we had small and large story arcs. Sure was some things that could of been done better but it's the Series I wish had got a full 7 seasons. The potential of telling the story of the early years of the Federation and the Romulan War was such a missed oportunity.

I would really love Enterprise to have a miniseries or TV movie event, more than any other Trek.

12. Winterwind

I wouldn't mind a mini-series myself. But only if the events of TATV were completely ignored or explained away as a bad holo-novel that Riker was viewing.

13. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

The events in TATV happened in some obscure parallel universe, like one of those seen in "Parallels." They sure as hell didn't happen in the prime time line, nor in the JJ-verse Trek 2.0.

14. Winterwind

Ah, thanks Mach5. I feel so much better. That's what I personally believed anyhow. :D

15. KingstonTrekker

KingstonTrekker Commander Red Shirt

I enjoyed Enterprise, especially once Manny Coto took over. I wish it had gotten seven seasons. Personally, I think that the story arcs which would have been told in Seasons 5-7 of Enterprise would have been more interesting than much of Voyager.

16. eepruls

eepruls Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I so wish we would've gotten a full 7 seasons. Seasons 3 and 4 were superb and were really establishing the show and cast as legitimate. It always takes a few seasons to get in the groove (think early TNG and DS9 - Yikes!). Just when it was good it was canceled. There was such an opportunity to show the birth of the Federation and the early Romulan threat (which was supposed to be Future Guy). I hate that it ended in season 4 and finished with that horrible 'valentine' TATV! It leaves a bad taste in my mouth for a crew that I was really digging.