OKC Members, are you okay?!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Peach Wookiee, May 21, 2013.

1. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

A check-in thread for everyone who's in Oklahoma City in light of the tornado. Dorian, if you're okay, let us know! And anyone else who's in Oklahoma City, please check in as soon as you're able!

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just heard the news and not entirely sure about the details. I hope everyone there is ok and my sympathies and prayers to those who were directly affected by this disaster. I Heard it hit an elementary school.

Just read the story and wow. 37 deaths including 7 elementary school students? That's awful. :(

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

37 dead so far. :(

4. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Wasn't Jayson from Oklahoma?

There's an active poster from Oklahoma but the name escapes me at the moment.

5. Peach Wookiee

Dorian Thompson is one. I hope she checks in. :( I just saw the death toll is up to 51.

6. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm from OK, but not from Moore. Our town was hit by a tornado this time last year. This one is far far worse than ours. I think Jayson is from OKC but I don't think he is from Moore. Not sure though. Praying for everyone there.

7. Peach Wookiee

Dorian has checked in. She's okay too.

8. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Hi, Peach. I saw your thread in TNZ first so I've posted there as well. I live a mile north of the Oklahoma City/Moore shared city limits. I just made it home from work. Trash everywhere in the yard, branches down. One window cracked but I'm one of the lucky ones.

Words fail me. Both those elementary schools are gone. Parents were having to be held back. There are cadaver dogs working around the destruction. I can't believe this has happened to Moore, again. Moore sits directly adjacent to OKC to the south. :(

9. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

I'm actually from Moore, OK. I moved to Lexington, KY 3 years ago. Have been frantically trying to get ahold of family and friends back home. Most everyone has checked in at this point. My thoughts are with everyone still there....

10. Dorian Thompson

Wow, you're lucky they're okay. I'm glad to hear that. It's really bad.

11. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

I'm glad to hear you guys are okay.

12. Dorian Thompson

One of the local reporters who was in one of the weather helicopters lives in Moore. He saw his house and neighborhood being obliterated as it happened and said, "There goes my house."

EDIT-Terrific. There's a thunderstorm with heavy rain moving into Moore right now to drench the rescue workers and dogs. :scream:

13. Tribble puncher

Tribble puncher Captain Captain

Thanks Dorian, found out my Step Brother and a former highschool buddy lost his house, I don't personally know any fatalities, but again, my thoughts are with everyone in Moore, OK.

14. Dorian Thompson

Losing a house isn't an easy situation, but I have faith they'll perservere. I'll be hoping for the best for them.

15. boobatuba

boobatuba Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fortunately, the same pilot reported less than an hour later that his house was fine. I'm sure that it's hard to tell exactly what's being damaged and where with such a huge storm.

Mike Morgan really needs to tone it down a bit, too. During and right after the storm he was throwing around "EF5" and "300 mph" all over the place. Today the experts have categorized the storm an EF4 with winds of approximately 190 mph.