The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If they didn't mention it on Talking Dead, I wouldn't have caught it, either.

I'm actually coming to like the "Sons of Anarchy" guys, even if they are headed for a showdown with Rick. I need to go back and watch the episode with Rick in the house, now that I have a better understanding about these guys.

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I was thinking that was her at first and then decide it wasn't, oops.

I never thought I'd find myself liking Eugene more than Glenn! I wasn't very happy with his actions. At least he didn't actually abandon Tara though that might have been a stronger way to go. Though I would've hated him after.

And the timeline is established with Darryl and the Darwin bunch.

3. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Holy crap, this Zombie Survival Tips guys gets more and more insane every week, which is saying something for someone who started off by giving us tips to survive an actual zombie attack.

4. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I knew it was her at 1st sight, but that's because I've seen her in recent times & what she looks like now. (Except for the brown hair/wig)

Frankly, she's only spoken a few inocuous sentences, but she's already creepy in a foreboding way

5. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was sitting there watching that scene thinking that I was totally going to hate Glenn if he got Tara killed and just left her there. He was being reckless, and Rosa even called him out for it.

But he didn't so I still like him, thank goodness.

So the Glenn and Maggie groups are back together, the Rick group is on it's way to Terminus, and Daryl's group is hot on their tails.

That leaves Tyrese/Carol/Judith somewhere along the way. And of course Beth. Let's be honest here, there isn't exactly a whole big list of suspects regarding what happened to Beth. It was either Terminus people, or someone we haven't seen yet. And judging by how nice and clean Terminus seemed to be, with all their nice little potted plants and organized gardens, and compared to how nicely that funeral home was kept up, there's a distinct possibility that the two are related.

6. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

BTW, The candy wrapper is still on the railroad tracks? They must be close behind Rick

And what? You just litter now? No civilization means you just drop your candy wrappers around anywhere? Give a hoot, Douchebag

7. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm really thinking that Terminus is an expansion on the idea where Dale ended up in the comics.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You understand that no one collects or empties dustbins anymore?

9. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At least we know it wasn't Beth with redneck gang in the house being used as a rape thing(if indeed that's what was going on). Since Daryl was encountered by the gang not too long after the car left.

Although the way the guy talked it makes you think they had experience with young girls. Or at least he did. Didn't even deserve considering to throw a tarp over his corpse.

I'm guessing Terminus travels around and picks up people and Beth is there being held somewhere and the group will discover things going on.

10. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Suddenly, I just thought back to the burning of Maggie's picture. I REALLY didn't like the sense of foreboding I got from that.

11. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

^Ah, yup. One of thems gonna die.

12. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that was screaming "One of you is going to regret that."

Regarding Terminus: everyone caught THE GRILL, with the all-too welcoming woman.

Just sayin'.

13. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

What's so crazy about setting up a decoy camp? It makes a lot of sense to me.

14. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

I cracked up when I saw her at Terminus. We need more Star Trek actors on Walking Dead!! Ok, we don't need them, but it is always fun!

15. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

What kills me about it, though, is that it's blatantly obvious. Surely the writers can't be THAT lazy?! Still, there is the whole thing about "a character that is alive in the comics will die in the finale." Well, there's only four characters on the show which are still alive in the comics, and when it's down to those particular four, it's clear whom the writers have in mind as the sacrificial lamb.

If they're smart, the burned-up picture is just a red herring to stir the pot before the real kill catches those of us who stay away from spoilers off our guard. IF they're smart...

16. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

well, technically, Daryl is now in the comics, no? Hopefully, they won't kill him, but possible!

Andrew Lincoln is scheduled to be on The Talking Dead next week.

About 1/2 the actors who appear on the show have died (it seems). And if Rick dies, then TRULY, absolutely No character is safe.

They haven't had them on the live show the whole time, right?

Well, we'll see what happens...

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are they too young to have said "Hey, this is just like in Terminator"?

18. shivkala

I hate to say it, but if they do kill Rick, it might not be the worst thing. He's almost been a non-entity this whole season. I don't think I've liked a single thing they've done with his character lately.

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

If they're trying to stick to the comics in some fashion or another Rick is safe for the long haul. He, again, is the main the character in the comics.

I think, by and large, the timeline has all caught-up.

Pretty good episode, next week's finale should be interesting especially with something of a showdown between this group Daryl is with and Rick.

Good scene with Glenn trying to save Tara and a good reunion between Glenn and Maggie. And, yeah, the burning of the picture certainly felt foreboding. Man, I hope Maggie doesn't die.

Didn't recognize Denise Crosby at the end there either but that horrendous-totally-not-a-wig wig at the end sort of threw me off, I guess.

And there is certainly something "up" with this Terminus place. I thought it was odd they didn't have a watch or anything to greet people before they got deep inside the compound.

20. shivkala

Understood, however, they sometimes do and sometimes don't follow the comic. I think Kirkman is quoted as saying comic-Rick is the protagonist and it's Rick's story, which seems to make him safe in the comics. However, the show sometimes loves to deviate from the comics just to keep the comic readers on their toes.

Re-watching the scene, I kept imagining her Tasha Yar hair under the wig!

If there's something the show keeps hitting upon, it's that whoever has survived has had to do some questionable things to do so. Even our group has had their moments. So, unless Terminus is a magical place where nothing has gone wrong, you have to wonder why they are so welcoming and, as you said, don't even have a watch. I don't think the "Sons of Anarchy" group is going to enter with their weapons down, as the sign said.

However, there's no saying that they don't have snipers at the ready. Perhaps there's some vantage point we didn't see, with snipers ready to fire if a group comes in without lowering their weapons.