The Twelve Trials of Triskelion

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by jespah, May 6, 2013.

1. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Oh, what am I talking about?

Writing. Collaborating. Round robins. Ficlets. Creating cover art. Reviews. Unblocking writers' block. Sharing your ideas with your fellow writers. Talking writing with your peers.

On Ad Astra, we're doing a summer, well, I suppose the word is extravaganza.

It's to push us all to greater heights - and share our writing. Just there? Nope; I hope we can share our writing here, too!

We are all creative Trek fans. Let's create together. I hope you'll join us this summer.

We have sehlats. ;)

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  2. Angry Fanboy

Angry Fanboy Captain Captain

Angry Fanboy

Sounds interesting, I'll take some time and check it out.

I seem to remember registering an Ad Astra account but I'm at a loss to think when I did so! :lol:

3. Angry Fanboy

Angry Fanboy

Just registered a new account over there with the same username as here! :)

4. jespah

Oh, thank you.Tell 'em I send you, and get free electrons! ;)

5. Angry Fanboy

Angry Fanboy

I did name-drop you Jess but for some reason that went against me! :lol:

6. jespah

Dayum. I'll have to hide my past better.

I mean, I'll have to counteroffer free protons.

7. Angry Fanboy

Angry Fanboy

:lol:

8. Sandoval

Sandoval Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

How does the board adminitration feels about people essentially advertising another Star Trek fanfic forum on the fanfic forum of TrekBBS?

Seems a bit of a liberty to be using the fanfic board here to lure fanfic writers somewhere else doesn't it?

9. mirandafave

mirandafave Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Given that many of the Ad Astra members who post their stories on the archive often do so after having posted it here on the trekbbs fanfiction board and are regular members on both sites I rather imagine that there is no stealing of members only putting the word out. I serve to be corrected by the board administration about their stand but it was never a problem in the past when Ad Astra advertised writing challenges etc within this forum. Many such stories that were then posted and shared on this forum promoting its activity.

Further, many Ad Astra members are prolific writers here in the fanfiction forum. You can do a quick check and see just by the first page of the TrekBBS fanfiction board that 5 of the frontpage authors are regular members on Ad Astra. There are countless others that are members and visit both sites and activity in one begets activity in the other.

10. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You should join the Triskelion Sandoval, your sarcasm and wit would be welcome qualities to add to it! And I've always loved your cutting comments you know, you sir are the definition of abrasive! :bolian: