''The Holiest Thing'' (Star Trek Phase 2)

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Bixby, Oct 25, 2013.

1. startrekphase2

startrekphase2 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Well I have been attending FedCon, and numerous other conventions in Europe, for many years and always actively look for dealers trying to sell our episodes. I have yet to find anybody doing so, although I know this has happened in the USA.

I have been running a website about the FedCon convention for many years. It can be seen here: http://www.trekcon.de

2. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

Peter (startrekphase2 de) let me say publicly that I love and appreciate the reliability and high quality of everything at your website. At Star Trek Reviewed I use it as the primary website for Phase II downloads and subtitles. I treat other download sites as mirrors, precisely because of the quality you provide. I particularly appreciate the clear layout of available subtitles.

There is a difference between criticism and attack. Although there are many negative comments on this thread about Phase II which I disagree with, I only responded to the one which I considered an unreasonable attack. I did not get crazy when somebody called James Cawley's Kirk "one note" or something like that. I don't agree, but the writer was within bounds. He is entitled to his opinion, just as I am entitled to find Shatner's acting a joke, and to prefer Cawley (AND Pine. And Vic). We don't all respond to the same thing. And I probably just offended James Cawley, more than the guy who criticized Cawley himself, because I think he's a big Shatner fan.

There are many hundreds of Star Trek fan films. I haven't counted how many I have at Star Trek Reviewed and the adjunct websites in many years, but in fact I'm told by some of my readers that I link to THOUSANDS of them. Most Star Trek Fan Films are just Trek fans having fun, and frankly, I enjoy those, too. But I am grateful to ALL of the high end producers of fan Trek, because I watched Star Trek TOS first run, and I've seen every minute of professional Trek (Even STID on Blu-Ray at a friend's home) and I am not a re-run person. Some of them are fanatical about time, some about special effects, some about some other aspect of Trek. But I consider them gifts, and I am grateful for them.

If you don't like them, watch something else, read a book, take a walk, play a game. If you want to sample other Star Trek Fan Films you haven't tried, don't waste time hunting. Let me do that for you. Drop by Star Trek Reviewed and try a few... or a few dozen.

3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

This is not altogether an unfair assessment. Well said.

From my own interactions with their personnel, GSchnitzer is just about the only person who Phase II has working for them currently who seems to understand what the word "professionalism" means, and he exudes it in every post, every interaction.

4. PattyW

PattyW Commander Red Shirt

anyone who thinks Phase II "may" be making money off their website by some "back door" method doesn't understand the many, many times a week that the CBS lawyers are hanging out there looking around. While I was involved their visits were tracked...it was quite humbling.

5. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

I am pretty sure you aren't the person to be passing judgement on what "professionalism" is.

6. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Oh stop it, both of you. :)

7. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

+1 :)

8. PattyW

Kinda reassuring there are constants in the world :p

9. Zeppster

Zeppster Commodore Commodore

So are these episodes going to be released or have they effectively been shelved?

10. startrekphase2

startrekphase2 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

11. GSchnitzer

GSchnitzer Co-Executive Producer In Memoriam

Zeppster:

It turns out our last three episodes we filmed are crossing the finish line and being released in reverse order from how they were shot. Mind-Sifter should be out on December 1st and The Holiest Thing should be out later in the Spring. Bread and Savagery still needs some work--but it's not being scrapped; it's just slow. No release date set. By the end of 2015?

The only things that're scrapped is all the stuff we shot for Origins: The Protracted Man, as well as all the stuff we shot for our earlier version of Mind-Sifter before we reshot the whole thing in its entirety.

12. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Is it time for a Love Fest?
    :guffaw::guffaw::wtf:

Thanks for all you do.

13. scifib5st

scifib5st Commander Red Shirt

Thanks for the update, I was woundering about this.
    Thanks Gary
    :drool:

14. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

So does this mean the summer 2015 shoot will be pickups for Bread & Savagery or will you be moving on to a new film?

15. GSchnitzer

We just have a day or so of stuff we need to grab. We were going to grab it at our October pick-ups, but it didn't happen. I don't see our full shoot being taken up by the quick shots we need to grab.

James mentioned a story outline he's received about which he's pretty excited. If we can get it to final script in time, that will likely be the story we do. The writer is a professional and knows how to turn stuff around quickly; she'll probably come through for us.

16. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Is "Joanna" still in the works?

17. GSchnitzer

Well, "The Way to Eden" was enough like "Joanna" that Dorothy (Fontana) doesn't seem to want to revisit that story. But I think it's fair to say that we'll see Joanna in some D. C. Fontana story--even if Dorothy has some interesting new tricks up her sleeve regarding the character.

18. PattyW

Actually, it was announced some time ago that DC would be penning an episode titled "Joanna" for Phase II. So it sounds like that has changed? (I believe the same announcement said a Tribbles sequel would shoot in fall 2014, but I could be remembering incorrectly.)

19. GSchnitzer

Although it might be called "Joanna," (and might ultimately be released under a different title than its working title, of course), I think it's safe to say that the script will bear little resemblance to other previous scripts that have gone by the same title--especially since much of that "Joanna" story actually got produced in "WtE." But yes, It's already been announced by James months ago that D.C. was working on a "Joanna" script for us.

Like I say, James has a bee in his bonnet regarding an outline he recently saw; that may push out other announced plans. (Phase II concrete never sets.)

20. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

"WtE"? (WE&T?) I'm confused.