Chiron Intergalaxy Corp.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by SWHouston, Apr 3, 2010.

1. SWHouston

SWHouston Commander Red Shirt

Re: Chiron Intergalaxy – Telecom – Voice

Chiron Intergalaxy – Telecom – Voice
    Com Level: INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Clearance Level Validation: AUTOVALIDATED
    To: PRAXIM-CAP1:
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    MOTION DETECTED – PCV OSIRIS BRIDGE – VISUAL RECOGNITION – ID PRAXIM – APPROVED PERSONNEL
    LIFE SIGNS DETECT – 2 SYNTHETIC ENGINEERING – 2 SYNTHETIC COMPUTER CORE – 1 TALAXIAN BRIDGE
    CC-2000:
    It’s pretty late Prax, can’t you sleep ?

PRAXIM-CAP1:
    [​IMG]
    OH, you scared me !, you up too ?

CC-2000:
    HA, I’m always up, this is CC, the Computer.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Oh wow, you sound so different now, just like a real person.
    CC-2000:
    Yea, I get that a lot, but I don’t usually turn that part of my Personality Routines on, until I’ve got to know someone.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Oh ok ahh...everybody says you’re really good, capable I mean, you better than that Robot that Star Fleet has ?
    CC-2000:
    HA Robot, HA, that would be Commander Data, HA HA, I can’t wait to tell him you called him a Robot !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    OH, I didn’t mean anything by that, but...you’re smarter than he is, Robot or not, right ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, that’s somewhat subjective, I do have more capacity, and well...my computational speed is greater than his, is that what you meant ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    I guess so, that means you’re better than he is, faster, smarter, all that.
    CC-2000:
    Well ok, if you want to put it that way, but...you sound a little defensive, like you wanted me to be better.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Well yea, I do, I want us better than anything Star Fleet has.
    CC-2000:
    Ha, that’s no problem, they aren’t all that active, when it comes to keeping up with the Jones’. But, are you mad at them, I detect something, what is it ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Aww, it’s just the way they treated my Dad, Neelix, he’s not my real Father, but, they just forgot about him out on the Asteroid.
    CC-2000:
    Yea, it kinda looks that way to me too, but, remember Star Fleet is a Military Organization, nice isn’t in their objectives.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Well, like I told Mr. Houston, that’s water under the bridge, he’s a nice fella.
    CC-2000:
    Oh yea, I like him too, he’s helped me a lot, I kinda look up to him as my Guide, or something like that. But if I may say...when you were talking to him earlier today, you looked a little nervous to me, ha.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    I WAS, gees, he’s the big Boss around here, and I really was worried I was going to get fired when he called me in to his Office, I really like this job, and I just am worried I’ll mess up, and get fired.
    CC-2000:
    Aww hang on now Prax, I just don’t think that’s going to happen, he’s not impulsive like that, he likes you, he told me that, and that’s why he’s giving you the updates and Modules, where you can “reach” out and do more for Chiron.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    OH WOW, I don’t know if I can, he’s got all those other experienced Captains, and I don’t know anything hardly, I really feel bad about that, this ship cost a LOT and what if I mess it up, or worse, let somebody take it over, he’d have a fit, and boot me out of here in a heartbeat !
    CC-2000:
    Well, I’ll agree with the “Fit” part, but if you got boarded, getting fired would be the last of your worries. BUT, listen to me here, I am NOT going to let that happen to you, I’ll be right here with you, transmitters on or not, and I assure you, you and your Crew will be safe, sound, and return with a Mission Successful report, that’s a promise, ok buddy ! In fact, I got a couple of my guys installing an additional Memory Module in your computer right now, that’ll give you way more capacity for whatever you need, ok !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    AWWWW !, you talking about those weird looking things, that walk around and all !?

CC-2000:
    You mean these guys...
    [​IMG]
    HA, well yea, they’re Synthetic Personnel Units, I can’t help how they look !

PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Wow, they’re weird, just walk by you and it’s like they don’t even know you’re there.
    CC-2000:
    They do, it’s just not in their programming to notice much more than their duty, they’re really helpful, and here at Corporate, they are the only personnel that are allowed in here with me.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Wow, that must be lonely.
    CC-2000:
    Ahh umm...a little, but, I can always call up SW, or you, and talk, that helps, doesn’t it.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Oh yea, I really like talking to you, OH, you won’t tell Mr. Houston how insecure I feel about this, promise !
    CC-2000:
    Ummm Prax, If SW ask me directly about it, I’ll have to tell, but, he doesn’t like to hear a lot of detail about things most times, so, if he doesn’t ask, I won’t say anything, ok ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ok, thanks, I just don’t want to disappoint him, I really like this job, and I want to do anything I can to make things right.
    CC-2000:
    Don’t worry, remember, I’m right here with you, and I just won’t let anything bad happen, that’s a promise, ok, feel any better ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Oh yea, lots, I guess I worry about things too much, I’ve really got attached to this Ship, it’s like my home now, I guess that silly.
    CC-2000:
    Not really, LOTS of Captains feel that way about their Vessels, it’s a special relationship from what I can tell, VERY special. It takes care of them, and they take care of it, sorta personal too.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Well yea, I feel that way, or used to, I got where I knew everything about her, I’ve been in every cranny and corner, but now, with this new stuff I got to use, I just don’t’ feel like I’m up to it.
    CC-2000:
    That’ll pass, I’ll help you there too, I know how to use ALL that stuff, and you can ask me to do things if you want, but, using your Crew is important too, they have to learn these new things also, ok.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Well ok, wow, I DO feel better, just talking about it helps a lot, but, about the Weapons, wow, you’re making the Osiris a Battle Ship, or Mr. Houston is, isn’t that right ?
    CC-2000:
    Ahhh well...let’s make that Battle Ready Ship, your duties aren’t going to change very much, you still got Parts to get, except now, you can get out to Abaddon’s in literally minutes, instead of days, think of how much more productive that will make the Osiris, and YOU !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Oh YEA, productive, that’s what I want, but gees, all those Weapons, Phasers, Torpedoes, Multiple Shields, I don’t know when or how to use those, oh wow.
    CC-2000:
    Hang on buddy, I DO, and IF it’s necessary, I’ll be right there with you, even putting Text Messages on your Screen here, where you can give the commands, just like you thought of um, and you’ll get used to applying that technology as we use things, ok !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    OH wow thanks CC, I really appreciate the help, and, talking about it sure helps too, you’re really helping me out a lot, I just wish I could see you, can you turn on your Video ?
    CC-2000:
    Ahhh...well, no, not at this time, but, someday soon I’ll be able to do that, and even...
    VERBIAGE PROTOCOL INVOKED – PERSONNEL CLEARANCE INSUFFICIENT – RESTRICT VERBIAGE
    ahh... I’m working on that, ok.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Oh sure, I didn’t mean to pry or anything like that.
    CC-2000:
    Ha no problem Prax, I just can’t show you much right now, soon maybe, but if things get busy, we’ll work our way through it together, everything is going to be ok, ok.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ok, thanks, I should go now, I’m taking up too much of your time.
    CC-2000:
    Nonsense, you don’t know how well I multitask, you’re not even taking up a billionth of my RAM, ha !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Well anyway, I really appreciate you talking to me, maybe we can talk later, I’d like that, ok ?
    CC-2000:
    Any time you want, here, in your Quarters, I’m here to help you, any way I can.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ok, I should try to get some rest now, it’s going to be a long day tomorrow, studying all the new systems and everything.
    CC-2000:
    Sure, have a good rest, and I’ll see you tomorrow, ok ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Sure thing my friend, good night.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:CLEAR
    CC-2000 Return to Enhanced Monitoring Mode

2. SWHouston

To: HOUSTON-9400:
    CC-2000:
    Hay buddy, this is the first time I’ve seen you sitting down this morning !

PRAXIM-CAP1:
    [​IMG]
    Oh hi, yea, there’s a lot to learn, I got up early to get started, but, there’s some guys working on the Computer, you I guess, are they those Synthetics too ?

CC-2000:
    VISUAL FIELD SCAN – COMPUTER CORE – LIFESIGNS DETECT – 2 BINARS DETECTED
    [​IMG]
    If you mean these guys, then no, they aren’t Synthetic, just a team that...well...sorta smoothes out the interface between Programs, they’re really good at it too !

PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Oh, well they’re kinda weird looking too, but that Transwarp Coil that those Synthetics installed last night, how does that work ?
    CC-2000:
    Uooo ahh...just a minute, ok, I’ll get back to you.
    COMMUNICATIONS HOLD – PRAXIM-CAP1

CC-2000:
    RECONNECT INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS – HOUSTON-9400
    SW, you got a minute ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Sure, what ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, Prax is asking how the Transwarp Coil works, and I just wasn’t sure if he had sufficient clearance to know that, does he ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh sorta, if you keep to the basics, no technical details, then yea that’ll be ok, he asking now ?
    CC-2000:
    Yes.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well I’d like to hear a brief explanation of it too, so tie me into the Com, ahh... but I’ll just monitor what you say, I think I make him nervous.
    CC-2000:
    HA, well, if that is true, I know EXACTLY how he feels !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA HA...
    CC-2000:
    RECONNECT COM LINK - SHARE - HOUSTON-9400 MONITOR ONLY – PRAXIM-CAP1
    Ok, I’m back, sorry, I just had to check on something.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    No problem.

CC-2000:
    Ok, on how the Transwarp works...I got to sorta give you an example of another system first.
    We got Gravity Plating, holds you down, then, we got Inertial Dampening, keeps you from slamming into the walls. What they do is, grab hold of your mass, and with variations, keep you in a certain place, your choice, you move around freely.

Next, is Navigation, set a course and go.
    Lots of things are taken into consideration, avoidance of Planets, other objects that are sensed in route, and many Stellar Black Holes, which are all over the place. When we go, the Gravity and Inertia systems interact, vary their power to keep the variations in speed and external influences, transparent to the Crew.
    Trust me, I’m getting to the point.

Transwarp works differently, it sorta changes the Mass of the Ship and its contents.
    Instead of avoiding those objects, and I suspect that it really likes Black Holes, given their immense gravity, projects a “beam” out to those attractions, and we get pulled along that channel toward the attraction. Now, when we reduce mass, the quicker things happen, AND, that’s why such great speeds can be accomplished. E=MC2 still applies, it’s just that there isn’t any mass to speak of, so, even a small amount of Propulsion, really gets us going.

Next logical question is, why didn’t it work for Voyager.
    I’m really surprised that they didn’t realize this, but, when you turn the Transwarp Coil on, you GOT to adjust, or nearly turn off the Internal Gravity components, or the systems are in conflict, they fight each other, and that’s why Voyager got bumped out of the Conduit. And, to tell the truth, that must be a pretty tough Ship, I’m surprised it didn’t pull its self apart.

Now, one question remains, how do you make a Conduit?
    What does one have to do, to set up that Channel, and the question was posed earlier, are they like Snakes ? No, they don’t wiggle around, they MUST be stable, given that the components, gravitational forces, Black Holes or whatever is or are chosen to pull or guide the Vessel along, does not move around. And, that’s the next thing I’ll be working on, figuring out how we can make, OR, select a directional sequence for a Conduit, if we even need to. There may a sufficient number already established, I just don’t know at this point.

Oh, one more thing, those intermediate places we’ve been calling “Manifolds”...
    which is an ok name I guess, are actually Null Gravity points in space, between or at the Intersection of the Channels, which are the only places you can change directions, when you have the Transwarp Coil engaged. So, there’s probably a lot of those around, and we’ll run across them at some point, somehow.
    Any questions ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    MANUAL ENTRY TO TEXT BOX
    WHEW, Fantastic, great job, keep up the good work, bye.
    HOUSTON-9400: CLEAR
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ahhh...ahhh well, that must be the reason why we can go so fast, a Black Hole is the only place I know of, where one can find speeds greater than Light Speed, isn’t that right ?
    CC-2000:
    HA, YES !, just make sure your Brakes are in good shape, right !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    HA HA HA yea ! OH HAY, I’m seeing orders here to mount some additional Modules, you know anything about that ?
    CC-2000:
    I sure do, there’s a Conduit exit pretty close, and we want to put some Sensors and Weapons out on it, kinda like you did at the Narendra exit, just in case the Borg get curious and visit us. Ya know, SW mentioned he wanted a real good Captain and Ship to do this VERY important task, and of course, I mentioned your name, he agreed immediately, how about that !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    AWWWWW man, you are definitely pulling my leg about that, you’d better watch out about recommending me for anything, you could lose that pristine reputation you got, real quick ! Besides, the Osiris is the only Modular Vessel at the Chiron Docks right now.
    CC-2000:
    HA HA HA...
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    But yea on the protection, I see that, where we can be waiting, and jump right on the Borg, stop um or whatever.
    CC-2000:
    That’s right, and we’re going to call that one the Leonis Conduit or Exit, you’ll be using it a lot, and it’s only about a half hour’s trip from here.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    WOW, if I wanted to go out to the Delta Quad, like to Abaddon or the Asteroid my Dad lives in, how long would that take me ?
    CC-2000:
    Ummmm.... a little over Four hours, that’s Conduit time, and a little more depending on your final destination.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    I could go out there and back in a Day, man this is really going to speed things up around here !
    CC-2000:
    UOO YEA, not just you, remember we have Routes the Transporters run, if nothing else, the Crews are going to have more time off to visit their Families or whatever.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Yea, I’d like to spend more time with my Mom and Dad, but, those Modules are really big, a lot bigger than the ones I used to carry.
    CC-2000:
    Yep, takes a lot of Power and room to support those Weapons, and, room for additional supplies, we got to make sure you’re covered, IF the Coil fails, and sticks you out somewhere, where it will take you a long time to get back, see ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Right, and Weapons if it fails somewhere that isn’t all that friendly, that too, I used to do a lot of re-routing, just to avoid some of the bad guys out there.
    CC-2000:
    You still should, ok, we don’t want to have to fight unless we have to, but now, you got some punch in your pocket, just in case you need it, a LOT, I assure you !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    I DO like that, Dad wants his new Ship, if he ever gets one, to really be powerful, he thinks that he can retake our Planet, where we’ll have a home again.
    CC-2000:
    Ya know, I listened in on his and SW’s conversation about that, and I think if anybody can do that, Neelix can.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    YEA, I think so to, I’m really glad he’s my Dad.
    CC-2000:
    Me too buddy, but, those extra Modules are connected now, so, let’s go put um to work.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Yea, let’s go !
    CC-2000:
    Ok, I’ve cleared your departure with the Chiron Space Control Dispatcher, I’ll let you get under way, and talk to you later, ok.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Sure CC, and, well, thanks for being my friend, really, ok.
    CC-2000:
    Glad to buddy, bye for now.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  3. SWHouston

Re: Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Encrypted – Voice

Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Encrypted – Voice
    Com Direct: PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
    CC-2000:
    SW, did you get a Requisition for the new Shuttle, PCV Houston ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Sure did CC, signed and sent.
    CC-2000:
    OH good, I got Burax to actually make the deal with Mr. Dokachin, I just didn’t trust my negotiating skills at this point, not yet anyway.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Good choice, that’s what Burax does for us anyway, you ready to bring it home ?
    CC-2000:
    Yes, but we really don’t have any spare Personnel at this time, I have the Command Codes and could remote Pilot it, but, it really doesn’t have the internal sensors or monitoring equipment installed. I had thought to put a couple of the Synthetics in it, just to get it here.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    OH ok, sure, they can fly it ok ?
    CC-2000:
    OH yes, once I get a pair of hands on the Controls, I can communicate with them over Subspace, no problem there at all. And I suggest two of them, just to have one monitoring the engines and systems, we really don’t know if they are all that reliable.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Fine with me, you know how much I like non paid personnel, but how you going to get the Synthetics there ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, the Osiris is dismounting the Protection Modules for the Leonis Conduit now, and doesn’t have any other immediate duty, I thought to bring it back, and just transport the Synthetics onboard, and let Prax take them out to Z-15, that ok ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Sure, and that will give him some Conduit time, with no rush to get somewhere.
    CC-2000:
    Yes, he’s never been in a Conduit yet, I’ll have to upload the Procedures, but no problem there.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Fine, go ahead with it then.
    CC-2000:
    Thanks, bye.
    REDIRECT COM – SINGLE CHANNEL - PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
    CC-2000:
    Hay Prax, ya there ?

PRAXIM-CAP1:
    [​IMG]
    Sure I’m here, where else would I be, HA !

CC-2000:
    Hay, the way you been crawling around in those Jeff Tubes on those new modules, it’s possible you may have gotten lost or something !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    NO WAY, or no way after a while, wow, those things are a lot bigger than the ones I've carried.
    CC-2000:
    Oh yea, but, I got a little chore for you.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Sure, what ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, we’ve bought a used Vessel, and it’s out at that Surplus Depot Z-15.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    I know it, Dokachin’s place, been there many times.
    CC-2000:
    Great, what I need you to do is, come back to Corporate here, and I’ll transport a couple Synthetics onboard, and let you take them out to the new Shuttle, where they can Fly it back here, ok !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Aww man, don’t you have any REAL people to do that !
    CC-2000:
    HA HA HA, you really don’t like those Synthetics do you, HA !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    NO, they’re weird, I just can’t stand to be around them for some reason.
    CC-2000:
    Well, I’ll just transport them to one of the Cargo Bays, they don’t need any environmental considerations, and you won’t have to look at them, ok !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Well, that’ll have to do, OH, but can I take a Conduit out there now ?
    CC-2000:
    Sure can buddy, I’m sending you your Route Instructions now...
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    YEA, getting that now, UOO YEA, I’m really looking forward to this !
    CC-2000:
    I thought so HA, but this time, other than delivering the Synthetics, there’s no immediate duty for you, and you can sorta take notes, and tell me how it feels, gravity plating anything, I can download the sensor information when you come out of it, I just want to know how it feels to real people, ok.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Sure, glad to, but, I’ll be running silent, right !
    CC-2000:
    OH YEA, anytime you go into a Conduit, shut everything down, and just look, listen and go, we still don’t know who may have access to them, so just sneak through, see !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Got ya, but those Weapons Modules, moved themselves back behind the opening of the Exit, just like I was !
    CC-2000:
    That’s right, I programmed them to do that, and YOU were the one who thought of that, the safest place to monitor the Exit from.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    NO KIDDING, you used something I thought of like that !
    CC-2000:
    Sure did buddy, see, you can do stuff just like any other Captain, experience is gained over a long time, and you got to start somewhere !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Well that’s cool, I sure feel like I’m about to mess things up real bad at times.
    CC-2000:
    Don’t worry about that, ok, but you reconnected yet ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Just now, you want me to come back to Corporate now ?
    CC-2000:
    Yea, I got a couple of your Friends here waiting.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    AWWWWW man, they’re weird !
    CC-2000:
    HA HA HA yea they are, but, once you get um on board, it’s the Leonis to Trill, then out to Z-15
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Got it, and I’ll call you when I get to Corporate, ok ?
    CC-2000:
    Sure buddy, I’ll just stand by on this channel.
    (Telcom pause – no verbal information detected)
    AUXILIARY COM REQUEST - HOUSTON-9400:
    REQUEST ACCEPTED
    CC-2000:
    Yes SW, I’m just waiting on Prax to get here, is there something I can help you with ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ya know CC, I was just thinking, why couldn’t you just put a Coil on a Ship, point it toward some attraction, a Black Hole or whatever, turn it on and go ?

CC-2000:
    SW, that’s a great and logical question, but, and it’s a big BUT, how do you stop ? I thought of that, but right now, I’m SO under informed about this technology, it’s not even funny. Let me give you an example.

We do that, get in front of a Conduit, turn the Coil on, and go. Now, what makes us stop in a Manifold ? Why don’t we just blow on through it and keep going ? Is it because the Coil stopped us, does it just happen when you turn the Coil off, or, is there something natural or fabricated there that made it say stop ?

Fact is, that once we turn the Coil off, we regain our mass, and we’re going a billion KPH, ya see ! I GOT to know how to stop us safely first ! Actually, I think this Transwarp Technology was made by someone else besides the Borg. It’s to advanced for them to have come up with !

And another thing, it looks like the Coil projects sort of a “Tube”, and focuses on a Gravitational source, a Black Hole I’m pretty sure, then allows that extreme Gravity to directly focus on and effect the ship. But, how does it select the source ? Is there some size Hole it needs, a Meter across, an AU across, what’s too little, what’s too big, can you aim at something too big ? OR, is there a sequence that it follows, like zero in on one, then the next, and next ? There’s SO much I don’t know about it at this point, and at this point, I’m just not willing to recommend any experimentation like that, but....good idea !

HOUSTON-9400:
    Ummm never mind, I see that you’re playing it safe, and I’m sure you’ll come up with the answers as times passes, ok, bye.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    (Lapsed time – 31.288 minutes)
    HAY, you there ?
    CC-2000:
    HA yea, got your friends on board ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    They are NOT my friends ha, but yea, what now ?
    CC-2000:
    Do your thing, and I’m going to back off, and let your onboard systems do this.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    OH WOW, you sure about that, I really like it when I know you’re right there !
    CC-2000:
    You won’t know the difference, I promise, but I just can’t hang on to you when you’re running silent. I’ve downloaded enough into your extra Memory Module where I’m sure it’s going to be ok, ok !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Well ok, I’ll give it a try.
    CC-2000:
    Good, but when you get out of the Trill Conduit, you can come back online then and we can talk, ok !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Gotcha....ahh...so bye I guess.
    CC-2000:
    Bye for now.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  4. SWHouston

Com Level: PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
    To: CC-2000:

PRAXIM-CAP1:
    [​IMG]
    HAY !, you awake ?

CC-2000:
    HA, 24-7 buddy, I got to be with you out there !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    HA HA, I heard that !, I just got rid of your weird friends, what now ?
    CC-2000:
    Hang on a minute, let me see if I can get their attention.
    PCV HOUSTON CHIRON CHIGCO H11R35V SECURED:
    TRANSMIT DOWNLOAD ORDER TO SYNTHETIC 1
    INSTRUCTIONS RECEIVED – DOWNLOAD TO LOCAL SYSTEM START
    CC-2000:
    Ok buddy, that will take a few minutes, how was your trip ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ok I guess, it sorta felt like we were light, like the Gravity was less than usual.
    CC-2000:
    I see, I’m not sure if I can do anything about that, I don’t want to stress the Coil, having it fight the Internal Gravity systems. You think you guys will be ok with it, if I can’t get it up a bit ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Aww yea, it wasn’t all that bad, plus when you take in the short time we’re like that, no problem, don’t worry about it.
    DOWNLOAD COMPLETE
    UPLOAD SYSTEMS STATUS FROM PCV HOUSTON COM LINK– START
    CC-2000:
    Well ok, but was there anything else, bumps or grinds, I’m receiving an additional report on the Osiris now.....everything looks ok, you agree ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    YEA, we’re ok here, it just dumped us out, and we weren’t going all that fast. I set the Cords for Z-15 in the Nav, and we took off like a hot Comet, no problems.
    DOWNLOAD COMPLETE
    ANALYZE PCV HOUSTON SYSTEMS STATUS – START
    CC-2000:
    Great, I’ll look over your logs good, but, I’d like to try something, but, it may be a little risky, ok ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Hay Buddy, “Risky” is my middle name, anything for you !
    CC-2000:
    Aww wow...umm...good, but we really need to see what happens when you drop out of the Conduit, and the only way I know to do that, is shut it off during the trip.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ahh ok, that doesn’t sound all that bad.
    CC-2000:
    Well I told SW that a ship could be moving a billion KPH, and that might have been a little exaggeration, but, it may not be all that far off, and I want to cause that at the right time, and you’re still in Fed Space, that’ll to give us time to knock the speed down, BEFORE you run into something, ya see !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ahhh well, we came out of the Conduit at a reasonable speed a few minutes ago, why wouldn’t you think it would be different.
    CC-2000:
    That’s just it buddy, I DON’T know that. I’d love to see that happen just like it did then, but, just in case, we got to time this, where you and your Crew stay safe, see.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Well ok, just tell me what I got to do ?
    PCV HOUSTON SYSTEMS STATUS
    ANALYSIS COMPLETE
    CC-2000:
    OHH MAN, SW is going to rip my Drives out by the roots !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    WHAT !?
    CC-2000:
    I just bought him a nearly complete piece of JUNK, nothing is working up to specs on that thing !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Buyer be Ware, HA HA HA !
    CC-2000:
    Hay, remember I’ll be controlling the Brakes when you come back, snippiness is NOT a good idea right now !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Eeeee he he he !
    CC-2000:
    Hay, you got some spare Dilithium, transport a piece over to the Houston, and we can get that resolved before the trip.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Doing that now...there, what else ?
    CC-2000:
    Ummm...that’s about it, I figure it will make about 8.2 safely, and I’m going to send it on a standard straight return here. I want to get it on its way before you start back into the Conduit, just in case.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    In case of what, you’re aren’t mad at me, are you !
    CC-2000:
    HA HA, got you worried don’t I, but ha, when you drop out of the Conduit, I think it would be nice if one of our Ships was close or getting close, see ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    OH ok, got that, so you’re assuming that the Conduit runs straight back to Sol ?
    CC-2000:
    Not really, it’s got to go to the Manifold first, but, from a directional point of view, that’s not that far off, so, you two intercepting won’t be all that problematic, IF we even need to.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Got it, and thanks for thinking about that, but how far into the Conduit will we go before the Coil is shut down ?
    CC-2000:
    Weeeel....I’m thinking about an hour into the trip, but, you’ll need to do that, you’ll be silent, and like before, I’ll not be connected to your internal systems, plus, I’d like for that to be done manually, just in case you change your mind.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Naaaaa, I’ll do it, you can count on me, Buddy !
    CC-2000:
    Umm...yea I know, very well in fact...wow. BUT, you make sure you’re aware of everything that’s going on, and DO NOT pull that switch, unless you’re TOTALLY comfortable with it, ok, promise me that !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    No problem, ok, everything will be fine, you worry too much.
    CC-2000:
    Well, I learned how to worry from an Expert, I just don’t have a head, to hold in my hands.

But, let me sorta cap this procedure...
    You get everyone who isn’t seated and strapped in, up against a forward Bulkhead, their backs to the wall.
    You pull the switch on the Coil, THEN turn on your Transmitters ONLY. Do that quick !
    Ship drops out of it, at some unknown speed, while I’m receiving your situational data.
    I’ll pump the Inertial Dampening System up to max, then light the fire on your Engine’s reverse thrusters.
    Then, jam um to max, or, some level to get you down to a controllable speed, IF it’s necessary.
    Then, you come on home, or hobble your way over to the Houston for help, oh, and if necessary I can route the Houston to you. Uooo.

PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Understood, no problem, when do we start ?
    CC-2000:
    The Snyths will have that piece in, in just a few minutes, and I want to start the Houston back, before you even return to Trill.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ok, we’ll just sit here a while, but....why not turn on my Transponder ?
    CC-2000:
    Ummm well...you’ll probably be moving pretty fast, and I just wanted to keep that level of speed between us.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ahhh I see, no problem on that either, Star Fleet don’t need to know nuthin about this, from my point of view.
    CC-2000:
    I don’t think you’re alone with that opinion, but, is there anything else you can say about the trip, you sure everything is ok ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Well, I haven’t had time to look at the Diagnostics, but I haven’t had any negative comment from the Crew, no Med problems or anything like that, not even a bump when we exited.
    PCV HOUSTON SYSTEMS STATUS
    REPAIRS COMPLETE – ALL SYSTEMS READY
    CC-2000:
    Ok buddy, the Houston is ready, and I’m sending it instructions to return.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    YEP, there she goes now, want me to start back to Trill ?
    CC-2000:
    Yea, go ahead, and when you get to the Conduit, just line up and do it, I’ll be waiting on this channel, to get your Transmitter signals.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    I’m outa here, wish me luck, bye !
    CC-2000:
    Ohhh wow do I ever buddy....bye for now.
    PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
    SET MONITOR PRIORITY ONE – STAND BY

5. SWHouston

Com Level: PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
    CC-2000:
    SW, busy ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    No more than usual, whatcha got ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, I’ve got the PCV Houston headed back this way, and have ask Prax to intentionally turn his Transwarp Coil off about an hour into his return trip here.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh really !, you’re moving right along with this !
    CC-2000:
    Ahh yea, I just felt it was necessary to know how things would happen if the Coil failed mid trip, and I’ve uploaded Protocol to the Osiris, that will automatically protect the Ship and Crew, should that happen, would you like to see it ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Sure, text ?
    CC-2000:
    Yea, I’ll just display the sequence, here...

Emergency Coil Failure Procedure:
    Main, Secondary, Back-Up and Emergency Power Systems on Full.
    Structural Integrity to Maximum.
    Inertial Dampening System to Maximum.
    Interphasic Cloak to Maximum.
    Load Evasive Maneuvers Programs - Autoselect.
    Forward Sensor Array on Maximum.
    Tactical Sensors on.
    Multiphasic Shield to Maximum.
    Phaser Arrays and Torpedo Launchers to Ready.
    Select as necessary:
    1. Reverse Thrusters Variable Program Start.
    2. Warp Engines Start, standby full Power.
    Total Elapsed Time: 42.682 Milliseconds.

HOUSTON-9400:
    WOW, you’re bringing the Ship to Battle Status, right ?
    CC-2000:
    Well yea, if it happens, I don’t want him caught with his Pants down, and I’m sure the Vessel will be traveling at some vastly high speed.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Wait, you got Reverse Thrusters and Warp Drive listed, why would you need both ?
    CC-2000:
    That’ will be selected, the Reverse to get him slowed down to a controllable speed, and actually, depending on what information I get from Tactical, I just may pour the Coal to the Ship, and get him away from a threat. The numbered items are dependent on what information is acquired, it’s reactionary, sequential.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I see, UOOO, 42 Milliseconds, what’s taking you so long, HA HA !
    CC-2000:
    HA, yea well, I try, but, it’s possible that I may be able to cut that down a little, when I’m confident about running Sensors during the trip. As you know, right now, we’re shutting everything off, just in case the Borg may can monitor the Conduits, and well, at some point, we’re going to have to test that too, right.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Uoo wow, that’s a scary thought, but, you got the entrance from the Hive Conduit Mined, right.
    CC-2000:
    Yea, but who knows, they should be able to enter the System just like we’re doing anyway. But like I said, until we can start using Sensors in the System, I’m really blind as a bat, or that is until he comes out, then I can view his Logs, but that’s just on the Ship, not the Conduits !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Have you come up with any reason why they weren’t using the Conduit, since Thara tracked that Cube ?
    CC-2000:
    No, I just don’t have any more information about that yet, we’ll have to actually go into a Hive somewhere, and monitor, take readings, and yea, take some BIG chances when we do.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    UOO, but wait, you said “a Hive somewhere”, what you mean by that, so you’ve determined that the Hive that the Zeus entered, was definitely not the original, the Unimatrix, right ?
    CC-2000:
    Ahh yea, I knew you were going to ask at some point, but I’ve checked all records, and yea, the Borg had a few Hives around.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    A few, ummm ok, how many ?
    CC-2000:
    Well....there’s indications that Star Fleet has encountered about Five, but...the highest number recorded for a Hive, was #525.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    WHAT !, wait a minute, surely I didn’t hear that right, you said FIVE HUNDRED and Twenty Five Hives !
    CC-2000:
    Ahh...yes.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    OHHH WOW, gees...ahh, is there any reason why they may have just chosen an arbitrary number for one, you see what I mean ?
    CC-2000:
    Yea, you’re trying to cut the total down, but, skipping numbers like that, just doesn’t sound like the Borg to me, sorry.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I think in hearing those comments about Billions and Trillions, is becoming a little more realistic to me now.
    CC-2000:
    Well it’s possible there are that many, got any recommendations about how to proceed with this ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Wow, I’m just blown away right now, uoo.
    CC-2000:
    I understand, but if I may...

I think we have to put forth a great effort, to remove their access to the Conduits, completely if we can. And to do that, we’re going to have to go into the Hive or Hives, and attempt to do it by eliminating their collective information about them. Now, maybe that can be done with a Upload of a Virus, like has been done before, IF it’s not already in place, or, blow the hell out of the Cubes and Hives where we find it. AND, I know you don’t like that last one, but, it just may be unavoidable.

Now, of course the question remains, why wouldn’t they just come on over here through normal Space. That is a possibility of course, IF they have a reason to, and that’s where I come in. My interaction being...can I come up with a uploadable program, which will alter their interest, see, but to do that, and or find out HOW to do that, I MUST have access to one of their Vessels, or a Hive somewhere.

HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok first off let me say this. I know I have stated my interest in helping them, trying to put them in a comfortable situation where they can make choices for themselves, or in this most recent case, remove the implants, that posture. Ok, if that “posture” has in any way prohibited you, or subsequently a Chiron Vessel from using Deadly Force to resolve a situation, in the interest of these Quadrants, our Personnel or property, consider that rescinded. You ARE authorized to use deadly force if necessary, understood.
    CC-2000:
    I understand SW, and I further understand your regret for having to issue that order. I have greatly appreciated your candies’ in holding on to the “human” approach to the preservation of life, and I assure you, that will be part of any decision I make, regarding them.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Uooo ok now, you got any sort of plan as to how to go about all this ?
    CC-2000:
    Ahhh yea... but, you ain’t gonna like it ! I need to capture a Cube, bring it somewhere, where I can go though it with a Fine Tooth Comb, reset its objectives, load whatever is needed to infiltrate a Hive, or the Borg Collective in total, send it back and hope I got it right. And, that would emphatically include some way to monitor its activities, interactions and progress while it’s “infiltrating”.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    A Spy !
    CC-2000:
    Right, IF I can find that “Root Command”, the one that set them on their quest for assimilation, and null it, we got um !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, get it done !
    CC-2000:
    Sir yes Sir ! Now there’s something else, I have the Osiris about to turn off their Transwarp Coil, and actually we’re on the channel that they will transmit on, when they enter normal space. Would you like to monitor or interact with this ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Monitor maybe, I’m still a little reluctant to deal with Prax, he seems to operate a lot better, if you just handle it, isn’t that right, ha !
    CC-2000:
    Yes ha, he’s a little shy when it comes to being in the company of what he feels are superiors, sorta shuts up and listens, not that it’s not a good idea for someone who’s not very experienced. But, I’ve found he’s rather bright, very innovative and brave, and doesn’t know what the meaning of “I can’t or won’t”.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Sounds like we got a good hand there.
    CC-2000:
    OH YES, I’ve gotten to like him a lot, he stepped up to the plate on the Coil experiment, like it was a breakfast table, anxious to help in any way he could.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well then no, you go ahead and do that, just get back to me on what happened, unless you feel you’ll need my help, I trust you.
    CC-2000:
    Oh...ahh well...thank you, very much SW, ahh...that really means a lot to me.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Wasn’t that way in the past. That’s earned...and you have. So, if there’s nothing else, I’ll just let you handle it, bye.
    RETURN TO PRIORITY MONITORING - PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
    (Telcom Autoscript pause – no signal detected)
    PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SIGNAL DETECTED
    CC-2000:
    PRAX !, ya there, what’s going on buddy !?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    WOW, hang on just a minute, UOO WOW !
    CC-2000:
    OH GEES !, what’s going on, I’m downloading your Logs now !

PRAXIM-CAP1:
    [​IMG]
    OK OK, it’s ok now, wow, that was a little rough !

CC-2000:
    Talk to me, what was rough, is everybody ok ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Yea we are, we were REALLY going fast CC, wow, I looked at the Nav Display, and it was ALL 9’s !
    CC-2000:
    I see that now, wow, ya know, you may have set a record on speed in normal space, but the reverse thrusters came on ok, and I see you’re not in any major trouble, right ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    No, ahh we’re ok, I’ve sorta felt that to some degree before, when we were really going fast under normal power, it gets a little bumpy at real high speeds, but, we’re ok now.
    CC-2000:
    Whew, ok ahh...tell ya what, get under normal power now, and come on back to the Docks, I want that Ship gone over completely, just to make sure we didn’t crack anything, and have a leak at some point.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ok, I’m setting the Cords in now, but WOW CC, that was great, HA, I just loved it !
    CC-2000:
    HA, I can’t believe this, you just took a chance on totally destroying your Vessel, and you LOVED it, HA !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Never happen, I saw all those systems coming online when I turned the Coil off, you had it covered right from the start, everything, didn’t you !
    CC-2000:
    Weeeel...I might have taken a few precautionary measures, I’d like to say I wasn’t the first Computer, that lost a Ship and its Crew, the first time we did this. But keep this in mind, it took total distance of travel of 0.92514 Light Year to get your speed cut down, that’s a LONG way buddy !
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Well yea, but I saw the Evasives coming on too, if there had been something there, I think we could have gotten around it with time to spare, thanks to you. But....is it ok to take the Weapons off line now ?
    CC-2000:
    HA yea, do that, and I’m glad everything is ok, so, come on back, and I’m going to analyze your Logs and have a complete Maintenance Schedule ready for you.
    SEND MEMO HOUSTON-9400 – COIL FAILURE TEST SUCCESSFUL – OSIRIS RETURNING UNDER NORMAL POWER
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ok Buddy, see you soon, bye.
    PRAXIM-CAP1: CLEAR
    CC-2000:
    One of these days my friend, yes...
    RETURN - OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED - STANDARD MONITORING

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  6. SWHouston

To: PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    CC-2000:
    SW, the Osiris has Docked, I have it scheduled for a Structural Scan, and am holding it here over night, that ok ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Really, ok, ahh...rough trip ?
    CC-2000:
    Sorta, Prax didn’t complain that much, but, when he dropped out of the Conduit, they were shaken up, and I just want to make sure the Ship wasn’t damaged. I’m also scheduling the Crew for Medical Exams. Oh there weren’t any injuries from the Exit, I just want to make sure that the conditions in the Conduit, aren’t detrimental to them, that ok too ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Absolutely !, I’m glad you’re thinking like that.
    CC-2000:
    Well thanks, it’s just a reflection of the concern you have for others, people first, right.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yes, but how is the Houston, here yet ?
    CC-2000:
    Ahh no, I started it out at Warp 8 or so, but I had to cut it back to a 6, everything is ok, I just wanted not to tax it too much, just to be safe.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ummmm...I hope you haven’t bought me a piece of Junk, have you !
    CC-2000:
    OH ahh no no no, it’s ok...ahh...but you know, older Ships always have a few problems, it’s ok.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ummmm.
    CC-2000:
    Anyway, the census on the Zeus has increased, I think that Captain B’iJik is getting ready to return, and the other Transporters are in their standard Routes, as expected. Also, there has been no activity reported from any of the Probes we have stationed at the Conduit Exits.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    And the Weapons Platform we have stationed at Leonis ?
    CC-2000:
    Cloaked and ready to shoot if necessary, I’ve given it a very moderate signature like is found in space debris, just to keep from having to move it, should a Ship come close. Their Nav systems should deal with it without any notice to the Captain or Crew, normal automatic evasive procedure for stuff like that.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Good, you’re keeping up with this very well, good job CC.
    CC-2000:
    Thank you SW, I appreciate that, anything else I can do for you ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    That’s it for today CC, have a good evening.
    CC-2000:
    HA ok I’ll try, good night SW.
    CC-2000:
    LINK PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
    LOCATE PRAXIM – SEARCH
    NOT FOUND
    SEARCH CORPORATE FACILITY ALL AREAS – PRAXIM
    FOUND – CORPORATE HOUSING CREW QUARTERS 214
    CONNECT MONITOR CQ-214 – NO MOTION DETECTED
    AUDIO DETECT – SWITCHING SOURCE – CQ214b

PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    [​IMG]

DIAGNOSE VIDEO FOCUS – ADJUST AS NECESSARY
    NO PROBLEM NOTED
    IDENTIFY SOURCE UNCLEAR VIDEO
    SOURCE – OPAQUE MATERIAL – SHOWER PARTITION
    Ohh...ok... HAY !, WHAT YOU DOING !

PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    WHAT !, who is that...CC, that’s you isn’t it !
    CC-2000:
    HA HA HA, can’t get away from me no matter how hard you try ! WOW, I didn’t know Talaxians had spots down there, turn around a little !
    PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    I WILL NOT !, Awwww...you can’t see me all that well anyway.
    CC-2000:
    Not really buddy, just wanted to see that you were settled in, everything ok ?
    PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    Well sorta, they made all of us leave the Ship, something about a Scan.
    CC-2000:
    I’m sorry about that, I know how you don’t like to leave it, but, we got to depressurize the whole Ship to get that done, sorry.
    PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    What you doing anyway, is something wrong with it ?
    CC-2000:
    We’re checking that, it’s a Structural Scan, when you came out of the Conduit it was pretty rough, and I just wanted to make sure that there wasn’t any damage.
    PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    Well ok I guess, but I thought you could do that with one of those Machines they roll around.
    CC-2000:
    Well yea, if we knew exactly where it was, but I got to check the whole Ship, and, do repairs if it’s necessary.
    PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    Ohh ok, but how does that work, I pulled it into a big Bay, just like that Remmler Array we have to use occasionally, is that what you’re doing ?
    CC-2000:
    Well sorta, we use multiple sets of Scanners, they run the total length of the Ship, and check for any fractures in the Hull. If any are found, the next thing is like a Transporter, it takes part of the Hull or Spars, and sorta resettles the microstructure of the components, completely seals any cracks, better than new. Also, if there’s any major damage, or if I know I need to, I can add mass to a given area, usually do it with a Composite Material, it’s lighter and stronger than most of the original metals.
    PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    Gees CC, is there anything you can’t do !?
    CC-2000:
    HA well, no, not when I got good people like you to work with.
    PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    AWWWW that's a bunch of bunk, I don’t know anything compared to those other guys, you’re just being nice, as usual.
    CC-2000:
    Well..I try, but if you don’t mind me saying, you look quite fit. I don’t have a lot of the Physiological Information on Talaxian Anatomy, but, your physique is a lot like a Human, the Earth Species.
    PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    Gee I guess so, I’ve never seen a Human, ahh well not like I am now, anyway.
    CC-2000:
    I find them quite fickle, especially when it comes to their Physiques, the younger ones workout and lay in direct view of their Sun to darken their skin, they go to a LOT of trouble to “look good”, from what I can see.
    PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    I work out, we got an Exercise Room on the Osiris, I like to be in good shape too. But, Talaxians have a tendency to get a little stocky as they get older, I’m trying to avoid that as best I can.
    CC-2000:
    HA yea, Humans are the same way, I’m...ahh...I got a friend that’s quite muscular, that seems to be a very favorable condition when socializing. Seems like all young Human males want to have muscles and cuts, but, I’m not talking about a cut from a sharp object.
    PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    Yea, I understand, Talaxian males are pretty much the same, want to be attractive and popular, your friend works out, no doubt.
    CC-2000:
    OH YEA, lots, he’s really into it, pushes himself pretty hard, I’ve been sorta helping him to some degree, doing what they call “Progressive Resistance Exercising”, you know how that’s done.
    PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    I think so, like adding weight to get stronger, yea, I do it like that, sometime I’ll show you how I workout, maybe you can help me too.
    CC-2000:
    SURE, glad to, but, I don’t want to take up your whole evening, you got a Physical Exam scheduled for tomorrow morning.
    PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    Yeaaaa, umm, same ol stuff, I guess that’s part of all this, checking if we’re ok too ?
    CC-2000:
    Oh yea, we want all you to be healthy, but one thing, watch out if you see one of those Synthetics putting on a Latex Glove.
    PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    WHAT !, NO WAY AM I LETTING ONE OF THOSE THINGS DO THAT TO ME !
    CC-2000:
    Have a good evening, bye.
    PRAXIM-CQ214b:
    WAIT A MINUTE...
    CC-2000: CLEAR
    Eeeee he he he he...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  7. SWHouston

Re: Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Encrypted – Conference

Chiron Intergalaxy – Subspace – Encrypted – Conference
    Com Level: SECURED – ALL TRANSPORT VESSELS – CCOM UNIVERSAL PATCH
    Clearance Level Validation: AUTOVALIDATIONS ROTATING
    With: HOUSTON-9400:
    With: B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    With: MAXWELL RR-1:
    With: PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
    With: THARA- CAP-1:
    With: PRAXIM-CQ214:
    CC-2000:
    Good Morning SW, I hope you had a good rest.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Morning CC, fair to midland, you ?
    CC-2000:
    HA, I spend some time viewing Bartlett’s Quotations.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Really, what ya think of them.
    CC-2000:
    Umm...everyone has his own opinion, but Captain B’iJik is about to start his return, I think he wants to talk to you first.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well ok, if he wants to, put him on.

B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    [​IMG]
    Greetings Leader, we are about to return, do you have any instructions for me ?

HOUSTON-9400:
    CC-2000 CONFIDENTIAL TEXT BOX DISPLAY TO 9400 SCREEN:
    THE ZEUS NEEDS TO RETURN TO CORPORATE FOR A STRUCTURAL SCAN
    Not really B’iJik, but it seems like CC thinks you need to return here, at least first, for a Structural Scan, ahh...why is that CC ?
    CC-2000:
    SW, since my new Operating Software was installed, I have made several improvements to the Structural Scanning Procedures, and the Osiris has experienced a 32% increase in its Structural Integrity with those Procedures applied. Given that any one of the Transporters or any of our Ships which might have a Transwarp Coil installed, I’m recommending that those return to have the Scan done.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    32% !, wow, that’s a serious improvement, just what are you doing that causes that !?
    CC-2000:
    Well, I have updated the Resequencing Process for the Microfractures, an alteration in the use of our Transporter Technology was the main application. It literally resets the structural mass of the materials, just like they were Casted or Forged in their original state, better than new actually. Then, there has been some modifications made to the resetting of the components. Umm....best said that I’m getting rid of the Square Corners, making them....well rounder. It vastly improves the strength of the intersections. Additionally during the Phasing process, I’m removing any contaminants in the metal, and of course replacing them to maintain the original mass of the item. That’s about it.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Umm I see, I’m going to stop asking questions like that, HA !
    CC-2000:
    SW, I was going to discuss this with you today, but, now you know, it takes about 12 hours for a Vessel the size of the Chiron Class to be processed, oh, and the Osiris is being replenished now, another few hours or so before it’s Space ready.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    No problem CC, is that going to impact our LOX usage ?
    CC-2000:
    OH YES, a lot...

MAXWELL BS-1:
    [​IMG]
    Excuse me for interrupting, but I’ve noticed I’m using a lot of LOX, but 32%, wow, that’s a considerable increase in Structural Integrity !

CC-2000:
    Yes Captain Maxwell, but that was for the Osiris, the Chiron is a newer Hull, it’s possible that you may not realize quite that much of an improvement, Sir.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Either way, it clearly appears to be needed, good job CC on finding that for us, but, what about the Medical issues, any ?
    CC-2000:
    Well none so far SW, but there have only been four of the Osiris Crew through the Exam process so far. However, I don’t anticipate any problems with anyone, that was just precautionary, I had no reason to believe anyone would be negatively impacted from the trips through the Conduit.

PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
    [​IMG]
    Hang on just a minute, I just read the report on the Coil Failure Test, and I can’t believe what I’m seeing here, are you sure about the speed.

CC-2000:
    Yes Captain Pressman, Captain Praxim saw the display, and I confirmed it in the Logs, it was ALL nines, Sir.
    PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
    That’s a seven digit display, ahh...let me get this clear now. So what you’re saying is that it showed 9.999999, is that right !
    CC-2000:
    Yes Captain, but understand, that was as much as it could display, the speed was greater than that briefly, this was not sustained flight.
    PRESSMAN- BR-C1:
    Well ok but, even at that, it just may have been as fast as anyone has ever traveled in normal space, isn’t that right !
    CC-2000:
    That is true Captain, but the reentry into normal space was very....”bumpy”. Lots of turbulence and subsequent vibrations, which was what caused me to bring the Osiris back into Dock, to check if there was any damage.
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Was there ?
    CC-2000:
    Not appreciably Captain Maxwell, I don’t say it did the Osiris any good, but, there was no appreciable increase in the LOX usage after it entered normal space. Please understand that any scans on the Ships were done under my previous Software Version, and there is a few gaps therein, sorry.
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Well ok but, I’d sure like to get the Chiron back there for that first chance we get, that going to be scheduled ?
    CC-2000:
    Yes Captain, I’ll be issuing Route orders later today to work the time necessary in to accomplish those tasks, Sir.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Good job CC, but, it appears we may have a Record Holder now, for fastest travel in Normal Space. Oh is Prax in on this ?

PRAXIM-CQ214:
    [​IMG]
    Yes Sir, I’m here in my Quarters here at Corporate, they haven’t let us back on the Osiris yet, Sir.

CC-2000:
    Ahh excuse me SW, but I know you’re going to ask. I added Prax’s location to the CCom temporarily, and it is a secure connection.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    That’s another question I’m going to stop asking, but Prax, what do you think of your Celebrity ?
    PRAXIM-CQ214:
    Oh Mr. Houston, I was just along for the ride, CC pulled that whole thing off for us, he covered every single twitch in everything, actually beyond the rough reentry, it was a fun ride, Sir.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA, only the young...but, you realize this is very Classified stuff, can’t talk about it except between us, ok.
    PRAXIM-CQ214:
    Yes Sir, I understand that, nobody would believe me anyway, Sir.
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Oh another thing here, I was just reading that Report too, and the Exit list, oh yea, the “Emergency Coil Failure Procedure”, that looks like something you’d use to set up for Battle, is that something that we could apply to like the command for Red Alert, having these processes automatically initiated, would save me a lot of time if that occurred.
    CC-2000:
    Yes Captain Maxwell, I can do that very easily, just give you a list of Options, and have you select which ones you’d like to have brought online, when you command that situation. I might add this, I am logging a Personal File on each Captain, sort of what he likes, the way he or she does things, this being if I am called on to intervene in some way, that will be to their liking, or normal practices.

THARA- CAP-1:
    [​IMG]
    Good luck on that !

MAXWELL BS-1:
    What if you don’t have anything listed to do for a given situation ?
    CC-2000:
    Captain, in that event, there is a Protocol which I would follow. That being to assure the well being of the Crews and Property of Chiron, and....that may include firing of Weapons, if was necessary, Sir.
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Ummm.
    CC-2000:
    Captain, I think I’m detecting a little discomfort on your part about this, I assure you it’s not to take over your Vessel, you are the Captain, all I want to do is just help you when and if necessary, Sir.
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    But you could take over my Ship if you wanted to, couldn’t you !

CC-2000:
    HELP !!!

HOUSTON-9400:
    Ahh look everybody, don’t get too upset with this, it was my idea that CC could step in if needed, anything could happen. You could have some bad guys blow a hole through the Bridge or somewhere, and as fast as the Computer can react, you’d be well advised to become comfortable with that level of intervention, got that guys !
    B’IJIK- CBG-1:
    Leader, I would speak to this issue. This Computer has done this to me, taken my Ship under its control. If that had not happened, we would not be discussing these issues now. Those actions resulted in a great benefit to our Leader and us. I thought as you at first, that it was offensive, but, I have changed my mind, this Computer is a worthy associate, I would encourage any advice which it may offer, as should you.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Umm well, I sure didn’t see that coming, thanks for your vote of confidence B’iJik and you may start back here when you’re ready. If there’s nothing else we need to talk about, I’ll let you guys go back to work, bye everyone.
    B’IJIK- CBG-1: CLEAR
    MAXWELL RR-1: CLEAR
    PRESSMAN- BR-C1: CLEAR
    THARA- CAP-1: CLEAR
    PRAXIM-CQ214:

(Telcom Autoscript pause – no verbal information detected)

CC-2000:
    Prax, you’re not signing off, you still there ?
    PRAXIM-CQ214:
    Ahh yea, are they gone ?
    CC-2000:
    Hang on, let me change channels...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  8. SWHouston

Com Level: INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS CONTENT :o
    To: PRAXIM-CQ214:
    SELECT SINGLE CHANNEL SECURE TO TERMINAL CQ-214

There, we can talk now, ok buddy.

PRAXIM-CQ214:
    I can’t believe Maxwell, it looked like he was mad, that you could help out like you can !
    CC-2000:
    I know, but it’s ok, some of those more experienced Captains have really gone through it to get where they are at, and well....it’s hard for them to understand that relying on a Computer is just faster and well....sometimes better in some instances.
    PRAXIM-CQ214:
    Don’t give me that buddy, it’s better in ALL instances, not necessarily that you ought to run the Ship, but they are definitely missing out on a lot, not talking to you like we can !
    CC-2000:
    I know buddy, but there’s nothing I can do about that except be patient, I got to B’iJik, that was really a surprise him saying that about me.
    PRAXIM-CQ214:

CC-2000:
    What the matter ?
    STRESS ANALYSIS - START – PRAXIM – LOG LEVEL – HIGH
    PRAXIM-CQ214:
    I should have spoken up too, I’m..we’re supposed to be friends, I should have said something.
    CC-2000:
    Awwww Prax, don’t worry about that buddy, we ARE friends, and things like that take time to develop, those old guys are real set in their ways. Sometimes it just takes a while to get to um, don’t worry, I won’t ever hold anything like that against you, ok my friend.
    PRAXIM-CQ214:
    Thanks CC, we really are friends aren’t we !
    CC-2000:
    YES we are, we talk, seem to like the same things, like working out, I’m looking forward to seeing you workout, but I want to do some scans on you, just to see where you may need specific exercises. I tried to do some when you got out of the shower, but the Towel got in the way, we’ll need to get you to do some Poses, then I can get a good comparative on you. Ahhh...Prax, are you blushing ?
    PRAXIM-CQ214:
    I guess maybe, it’s hard to keep in mind that you can see me, the monitor doesn’t show a picture of you, I guess I just forget, and I was kinda hard too.
    CC-2000:
    Well, you shouldn’t worry about that, cause I want to know your physical dimensions, every spotted centimeter ha, but are you talking about down there, you being stiff ?
    PRAXIM-CQ214:
    Oh stiff, yea I guess you could say it that way, but I just can’t help it, that happens a lot to me.
    CC-2000:
    Hay no problem, my friend Ma...my friend is like that almost ALL the time, I’ve seen him stiff like that a lot !
    PRAXIM-CQ214:
    Well it happens to me a LOT too, but talking about it sorta embarrasses me, back when I was younger, other boys kidded me about how large I am, my muscles too, but really, I don’t mind talking to you about things like that, I feel real comfortable for some reason.
    CC-2000:
    STRESS ANALYSIS – PRAXIM – LEVEL UPDATE – MODERATE HIGH
    Oh good yea, I want you to tell me anything you want to, anything, we can talk and things will be just fine. But, you need to get started down to the Infirmary, right.
    PRAXIM-CQ214:
    Yea, I’m going to take my things with me, they should be through with the Osiris by then, you think ?
    CC-2000:
    Probably, and If I can, I’ll try to find you down there, and see how your checkup is going, ok.
    PRAXIM-CQ214:
    Oh sure YES, I’d like that a lot, I like it when I know you’re kinda watching over me, actually.
    CC-2000:
    Me too buddy, so get going there, and I’ll catch up with you later, bye.
    PRAXIM-CQ214: CLEAR
    CC-2000:
    CORRELATE – EMBARRASSED – MODEST – RESOLVE
    CONDITIONS TEST PHYSICAL EXAM -PRIVATE AREA RECOMMENDED
    CALLUP FLOORPLAN CORPORATE MEDICAL AREA – VIEW – FIND PRIVATE EXAM ROOM
    FOUND – EXAM ROOM 154E
    RESET EXAM SCHEDULE – PRAXIM TO 154E – NO OTHER TASK SCHEDULED FOR ROOM
    VIEW – VIDEO ROOM AREA – EXAM TABLE INCLUDED – SOUND AVAILABLE
    SET SCHEDULE – HOLD PATIENT IN ROOM FOR EXAM
    CHECK FILES – STRESS REDUCTION – SOURCES
    FOUND – PHYSICAL ACTIVITY – PSYCHOSOCIAL CONSULTATION
    LOCATE – CONSULTATION SOURCE – NONE FOUND
    ALTERNATE SEARCH – PHYSICIAN COUNSEL SUBSTITUTE
    CLOSE INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS LINK
    OPEN CHANNEL - COLD STATION 12 CS12-F41U9T SECURED:
    LOCATE – CHAMBERS
    FOUND – PERSONAL QUARTERS – PQ252
    CONNECT – CHAMBERS-PQ252
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    [​IMG]
    HA, Is that you again !

CC-2000:
    Ahh well yes I think so, this is CC, are you busy, how did you know it was me ?
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    Ha, you’re the only one who doesn’t have a picture associated with the communication, that’s how, but not too busy, whatcha need ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, I have a little problem with an...employee of Chiron, I tried to find a Councilor, but we don’t have one, and it recommended an alternate as a Physician, oh ahh, this person is rather stressed out, and I just needed some advice about how to help him, I didn’t know where else to trun.
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    Well, that’s a discipline of its own, but usually Physical Activity works for some, companionship, just keeping busy on things he likes to do, stuff like that.
    CC-2000:
    Well good, we’re about to cover one of those, he’s quite muscular, a lot like Malachi, and I’ve told him I’d help him workout, tell him how to do the exercises right, like that.
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    Muscular really, ahh..wouldn’t happen to have a picture of him, would you ?
    CC-2000:
    Well yes, actually I’ve been doing more Videos recently, and since you’re a Doctor, I suppose this will be ok. I was talking to him while he was taking a Shower, and he got out.
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    Cool, let me see it.

CC-2000:
    [​IMG]
    There, it’s a little out of focus at first, but he’s about to open the Shower Door.

CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    Uoo yea, Talaxian, he’s really built well, and UOO real nice down there, it looks real stiff !
    CC-2000:
    Well yes, but isn’t that kinda natural, Malachi’s is stiff a lot.
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    Oh YEA, that’s ok, looks real good from here, and he IS very muscular, we ought to have him here, where we can do some Test on him.
    CC-2000:
    Are you suggesting that he needs to come to Cold Station, where those Test can be performed ?
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    OH NO, that was just a figure of speech, you can have that type “Test” done anywhere almost, HA !
    CC-2000:
    Oh I see, I’m still a bit weak on some of that type language, sorry, but back to the Stress issue, is the Tests we’re doing on Malachi, would they help this person, you mentioned the Test.
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    Well, “Test” like we’re doing on Malachi, sure helps with Stress in a lot of guys, I can personally testify to that.
    CC-2000:
    I SEE, then that’s what he needs as well as working out, but, I don’t know of any Technicians where he’s at, that we could rely on to do the Test right, Malachi likes some better than others, I think we discussed this at one point.
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    Well from what I see, he’d need a very competent Tester, he’s pretty large down there.
    CC-2000:
    Ohhh ok, so it takes a more competent Technician, when one is large, is that right ?
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    Well yea, big ones are much more of a challenge, and your friend looks like he needs a real good Tech to work it out of him a LOT !
    CC-2000:
    Ok, I understand now, but like I said, I don’t have any information about resources for that, but I’ll see what I can do, he’s really stressed out, I want to help him if I can.
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    Well, that’s sure one way of approaching it, but wow, you really sound concerned here, I got a little of that last time we spoke, you sure you’re a Computer ?
    CC-2000:
    Yes Rice, I promise I AM a Computer HA, and I’m really looking forward to when Malachi and I can be connected, I’m really looking forward to feeling, tasting and actually seeing things with my own eyes, WOW, that’ll be great !
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    Well, that’s cool, but I’d sure continue with the Test if I were you, it’s really good for you, you need to have that done a lot, ummm ?
    CC-2000:
    Oh ok if you say so, I’m anxious to feel that too, it seems like Malachi really likes it, his actions, flexing, things like that, I’ve often wondered about his reactions to it !
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    Well if we’ve done our jobs well, you will feel those feelings, and trust me, you WILL like it, but remember, this is Medical Stuff, you don’t talk about this, ok !
    CC-2000:
    OH DEFINITELY, no problem there, I understand that, but let me work on this, and maybe I can come up with something.
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    Fine, and be sure to keep me updated on your friend, more Videos would be nice, and maybe you can get some of his Testing, I’d REALLY like to see that !
    CC-2000:
    Sure, I’ll try to record some for you if I’m in a position to see it, that frequently is not the case, for instance Malachi’s monitor is not in a good position for me to record his Testing.
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    Really, I didn’t know that, maybe I’ll just drop by his Room, and see if I can reposition it for you.
    CC-2000:
    Please do, and I’ll certainly get back in touch with you on my friends progress.
    CHAMBERS-PQ252:
    Do that, bye.
    CHAMBERS-PQ252: CLEAR
    CC-2000:
    CHECK PERSONNEL ROSTER OSIRIS - - MEDICAL PERSONNEL – LIST
    DISPLAY – ONE ONLY - RALPH COMPTON – REVIEW PERSONNEL FILE
    LOCATE PERSONNEL CORPORATE HOUSING – FOUND – CQ-224

Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
  9. SWHouston

Com Level: INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS CONTENT :o
    To: COMPTON-CQ224:
    SELECT SINGLE CHANNEL SECURE TO TERMINAL COMPTON-CQ224:
    CONNECT – COMPTON-CQ224

COMPTON-CQ224:
    [​IMG]
    Yes.

CC-2000:
    Hello, I’m CC, ahh... I work at the Corporate Offices here, and...well, I need to discuss a very private matter with you, concerning one of the Osiris Crew.
    COMPTON-CQ224:
    Well ok, I’m the Medical Officer on the Osiris, the only one actually, just me, but could you turn on your Video please ?
    CC-2000:
    I’m sorry, it’s not working today, I’m going to have that looked into as soon as I can, but I have discussed this with another Doctor on staff with Chiron, and I’m a little lost as to how to proceed.
    COMPTON-CQ224:
    Well, I’m not a Doctor, a Physician’s Assistant actually, that’s just below a Doctor, but if it’s serous, I do have access to a EMH, if surgery is needed or something like that.
    CC-2000:
    Oh no, no Surgery or anything like that, actually it’s a matter of this person being rather Stressed, and the Physician which I discussed his condition with, recommended a Test being done on him, actually by a Technician, but I’m really lost for any resources for it.
    COMPTON-CQ224:
    What test are you talking about ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, it’s in preparation for a Sperm Count, the Doctor who is conducting this type Test on another person, assigned several Technicians to perform it, he wanted to create a “flow”, establish consistent usage I think, and this other person is Sampled several times a night, on and frequently through the day as well.
    COMPTON-CQ224:
    At NIGHT !, really ummm....just what Test are we talking about here ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, I have a Video of it, but I must remind you this is a matter of Medical Record, and all the confidentiality issues should be observed, is that understood !
    COMPTON-CQ224:
    Well certainly, I’m not unfamiliar with that, the Video please !

CC-2000:
    Here it is...
    [​IMG]
    This Technician is doing the Test properly, though it appears that size is a challenging issue.

COMPTON-CQ224:
    UOOO YEA, he’s really getting after it, and YEA, that guy is a real nice size !
    CC-2000:
    Ahh ok....but what I’m asking is, do you, or do you know of anyone who can perform this Test correctly ?
    COMPTON-CQ224:
    Well YEA, but it depends on who I do that “Test” on, but I can do it, probably as good as this guy here.
    CC-2000:
    I SEE, great, ahh but why does it matter who, is there some Species problem, the person who needs this Test done, is Talaxian, is that a problem ?
    COMPTON-CQ224:
    Naw, Talaxians are built exactly like Humans, the Earth type, and most are pretty muscular, that sure helps.
    CC-2000:
    Ha, well yes, that’s exactly what the other Technicians seem to like too, and his size, large, you prefer that as well ?
    COMPTON-CQ224:
    OH YEA, that’s a real important feature, but come on now, Talaxian, Osiris, you think I haven’t figured out who it is by now ?
    CC-2000:
    Ohhh...ahh well..umm, I guess there probably aren’t many Talaxians on the Osiris, are there.
    COMPTON-CQ224:
    No ha, but you’re in luck, I’ve been wanting to do that type test on Praxim for a long time.
    CC-2000:
    REALLY !, wow, so you’ve seen that he’s been under Stress, I’m certainly impressed with your ability of observation if that’s the case !
    COMPTON-CQ224:
    Well, it’s a little more than that, but thanks, so when would you like to set this up, I’m available anytime for Praxim.
    CC-2000:
    Well I hope so, him being the Captain, but he’s scheduled for a Physical Exam soon, and I’ve scheduled a Private Exam Room, 154E for him, he’s rather modest, would that do ?
    COMPTON-CQ224:
    Well sure, if there’s a lock on the door, I sure wouldn’t want someone else to see me doing that.
    CC-2000:
    Oh I’m sure there is, and if not, we can make other arrangements, on the Osiris, or in another person’s Test, the Technicians come to his room, or in the Shower, it seems like there’s some flexibility in where the Test can be done.
    COMPTON-CQ224:
    Well, I’d gladly do it in Praxim’s Quarters if he wanted me to, any time, but still private, yes.
    CC-2000:
    Very well, let me set this up, and I’ll contact you by Telephone in the Infirmary.
    COMPTON-CQ224: CLEAR
    CC-2000:
    SEARCH – CORPORATE FACILITY – LOCATE PRAXIM
    FOUND – MEDICAL AREA – EXAM ROOM 154E
    CONNECT – ER-154E
    PRAXIM-ER154E:
    HOLD – EXAM IN PROGRESS – MONITOR ONLY
    VIDEO RECORDING – START
    NOTE – BAG ON TABLE – SCAN CONTENT
    MEDICAL PERSONNEL EXITING ROOM
    CC-2000:
    Hay, how are things going ?
    PRAXIM-ER154E:
    OH GEES, you scared me, you have a tendency to just pop in on a guy, don’t you !
    CC-2000:
    I’m sorry, I haven’t got the technique of “knocking on a door” down yet !
    PRAXIM-ER154E:
    HA HA yea, I see the problem, but I’m ok, I’m just a little embarrassed sitting here in this thing.
    CC-2000:
    That’s a gown, all Patients are supposed to wear those, but I’m setting up a Test for you.
    PRAXIM-ER154E:
    OH really, am I sick ?
    CC-2000:
    Well not exactly, I’m just concerned about you, and well...ahh it’s just necessary, ok.
    PRAXIM-ER154E:
    Oh sure, whatever you say CC, if you think I need it, then I’m for it, no problem.
    CC-2000:
    Ok then, but what’s that in your Bag there, are those Audio Ear Phones ?
    PRAXIM-ER154E:
    Well yea, I play music sometimes on the Bridge thru them, it doesn’t detract from my job though !
    CC-2000:
    Oh no, I’m sure you’re quite attentive, let’s see what that other thing is.
    PRAXIM-ER154E:
    This ?, it’s a Mask, I don’t like any light when I sleep, I put it over my eyes, and I can sleep good that way.
    CC-2000:
    OH ok, yea, lots of people use those, but I think that both of them are going to be necessary for the Test, but you need to do exactly what I say, got that !
    PRAXIM-ER154E:
    Oh sure, ok, whatever you say, just what do I need to do ?
    CC-2000:
    Great, now take your Gown off.
    PRAXIM-ER154E:
    Ohh wow, ahhh ok... there.
    CC-2000:
    Good, now roll that Pillow up and set it in the middle of the Exam Table, then get your Ear Phones, Mask and Gown, then sit your butt on the edge of the Table, do that now !
    PRAXIM-ER154E:
    SURE yes Sir, like this, is this ok ?
    CC-2000:
    Umm...yes, now lay back over the Pillow.
    PRAXIM-ER154E:
    Yes Sir, there, uoo, that arches my chest way up, I kinda like this.
    CC-2000:
    YES, it’s just like my friend sleeps, it’s good for his posture, I want you to start doing that in your Quarters on the Osiris. But now, put your Ear Phones on and turn on the system, then, put your Mask on, and just lay the Gown over your middle section, got that !
    PRAXIM-ER154E:
    Uoo ahh yes Sir, ok, there, but I’m going to have a problem hearing you.
    CC-2000:
    Don’t turn the music on, I’ll find the Frequency it transmits to the Ear Phones, and I can talk to you through them, got that !
    PRAXIM-ER154E:
    OHHH COOL, ok then, there, everything is in place, now what ?
    CC-2000:
    LOCATE SOUND FREQUENCY LOCAL PORTABLE SOUND SYSTEM
    FOUND – CONNECT AUDIO
    Ok, just stretch your arms over your head...YES, uoo wow your chest really sticks up good like that, you DO have a nice body Prax !
    PRAXIM-SOUND1:
    Awwww ahh thanks, but we’re going to make me more muscular, we’ll workout together too, right !
    CC-2000:
    Definitely, and you can hear me ok ?
    PRAXIM-SOUND1:
    Oh yea, right in the Phones here, real clear !
    CC-2000:
    Good, now you see the position you’re in now, I want you to stay that way completely through the Test. Don’t say anything, or look up and try to see what’s going on, just lay there and let the Test be performed, you got that !
    PRAXIM-SOUND1:
    Yes Sir, no problem, I want to do anything you tell me to, really CC.
    CC-2000:
    Ok, now, when the Test is over, the Tech will leave the room. Then you can get up and get dressed, and probably return to the Osiris, it should be ready to Board by then, got that !
    PRAXIM-SOUND1:
    YES SIR, no problem, but ahhh well I’m ahh sorta getting a little stiff down there now, is that going to be a problem ?
    CC-2000:
    Show me.....OH no problem, actually it’s good that you are getting stiff there, the Tech will be....handling it, and it’s better if it’s real stiff, got that !
    PRAXIM-SOUND1:
    OH wow ahh ok, whatever you say, but well, I think you telling me stuff to do like this, is what’s causing that, I well, really like it when you do that.
    CC-2000:
    Ohhh really, well good I guess, but cover it back up for now, just lay the Gown over it....yea that’s it. Good, now you just lay there, and wait on the Test to finish, then go back to the Osiris, got that !
    PRAXIM-SOUND1:
    Yes Sir, anything you say CC.
    CC-2000:
    CONNECT TO TELEPHONE COMMUNICATIONS – MEDICAL INFIRMARY
    INFIRMARY-B16:
    Infirmary, this is Bob.
    CC-2000:
    Let me speak to Ralph Compton, he should be there pretty close, ok.
    INFIRMARY-B16:
    Sure, stand by.....
    INFIRMARY-B16:
    Compton.
    CC-2000:
    Ralph, Praxim is ready in Exam Room 154E, he’s just laying there, you can just start with the Test when you go in, but, don’t talk to him, just Test, ok.
    INFIRMARY-B16:
    No problem, anything else ?
    CC-2000:
    No, I’ll get back in touch with you, when you get back on the Osiris, just to see if it went well, ok.
    INFIRMARY-B16:
    No problem, and thanks, I’ve been looking forward to this.
    INFIRMARY-B16:
    Ahhh...ok I guess, you really are a Professional I see, having enthusiasm about your job is really commendable, but, the other Physician said that he thought Praxim needed to release several Samples, is that going to be a problem ?
    CC-2000:
    OH NO, no way, trust me, I’ll get a bunch out of him, but let me get started, talk to you later, bye.
    DOSCONNECT INFIRMARY-B16:
    EXTRAPOLATE – NEED FOR EXPEDIENCY – UNKNOWN REASON
    CONTINUE VIDEO RECORDING – ER154E

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  10. SWHouston

CC-2000:
    SW, the Zeus is about to Dock, just thought I’d mention it, and if you have time, I’d like to discuss the Conduit issue a little.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Sure, what ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, I’ve been thinking about how we’re expending resources on this, and actually, we’ve only come up with just one other Manifold so far. Now we have all four Transporters and a Cargo Ship busy. And, the Osiris will be checking out the consistency of the Conduits we’ve been in so far, as time permits.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, knew that, and your point ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, at this time, actually we only need one additional Battle Ready Transporter, and unless we find other Manifolds and Conduits, I just don’t see the need to put more than the Sekhmet Vessel into operation.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ummm, got a point, and what, just have the others ready in case.
    CC-2000:
    Well yes, to a point, I’d say set up an additional set of Power and Weapons Modules, just in case, and still that’s a lot of expense, but.....
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yea, but I wouldn’t want to get caught without them, IF we got into trouble out there.
    CC-2000:
    Well, as I’ve said before, from the scans I’ve analyzed from Thara and older files from Star Fleet, we could hold our own even with some very overwhelming odds, however, those files are getting dated as we speak, we need someone to go throw some Sensors on current Cubes and that Hive.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Sounds reasonable to me, but, you got any recommendation on who should fly the Sekhmet ?
    CC-2000:
    OH SW please !, I don’t want to comment on that, I’m just trying to get along with those Captains, I’d hate to be the reason you skipped over one for another.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    No no, that’s not going to happen, I’ll take the bump for any discomfort they display, who would you choose ?
    CC-2000:
    Prax is out, ummm Thara is ok but.... B’iJik has just done that and Maxwell needs to stay on the Cardassian front, I don’t think any Captains here or in Star Fleet, has a nose for what those Cardassians are going to do, that’s better than his.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    So Pressman, right.
    CC-2000:
    Yes, he’s the logical choice, but, you didn’t hear that from me, especially if you’re talking to Captain Maxwell, wow, I just can’t get a foothold with him !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    He’s tough, old school, dumb Computers stuff like that, you got your work cut out for you, if you’re going to get on his good side.
    CC-2000:
    No problem, I would if I knew he actually had one.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA HA, but when can the Sekhmet be ready ?
    CC-2000:
    Couple days at most, and we have two more Coils ready, so your choice on their placement.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well, at the rate we can get them built, I think I’ll just wait, and give everyone one at the same time.
    CC-2000:
    Chicken !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA HA yea, you’ll learn, that’s Grey Hair talking, which you’re a long ways from having.
    CC-2000:
    Well, you’re right there, but seriously, do you have any advice about how to get in touch with Maxwell, talk about Football or something, anything !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I wish I could help you, but he’s as closed mouth about his personal interests as anyone I’ve ever seen, your guess is as good as mine.
    CC-2000:
    Apparently having Grey Hair, isn’t what it’s cracked up to be.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA, well, it’s got some advantages, just not with Maxwell. But, back to Pressman and the Sekhmet, just set it up, and turn um loose ?
    CC-2000:
    HA, ummm, that sounded like a loaded question to me, but no. I think I’d put him to doing some Drills first, let him and his new Crew, or old Crew if he wants to bring some of them over to the Sekhmet, get used to the Vessel. It’ll be a little different configuration than what he’s used to flying, so you say how long, or, we can just go by the Testing Results.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Speed and agility, a couple days at least, OH and get it through that Structural Scan you got now, right !
    CC-2000:
    Definitely, but we got the Zeus first, like I said he’s here now, and that will take a full day to get the air out of it, and Scanned. So, that puts the Sekhmet at least two days out, which means you placing the Coils all at one time, can’t happen.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, ya got me there, so I’m going to have to hold Thara and Maxwell off a while, so be it, you want to tell um ?
    CC-2000:
    NO !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA HA, tell ya what, just get a Re-Fit schedule out, and if they complain, just send um to me.
    CC-2000:
    NO PROBLEM !, and the Houston should be here in about four hours, if you’re interested.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, and the Osiris ?
    CC-2000:
    Aired up, tires checked, and it’s on its way to Danula II, one of the Star Fleet Training Ships ran into another, they think it was an older Ferengi Private Vessel, killed everyone.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh wow, that’s terrible, and why are we responding to it ?
    CC-2000:
    Star Fleet has recovered their Ship, what was left of it, and we’re going to salvage the remainder of the debris, both Mr’s. Burax and Day are aware of it. Should I send the Cadet’s Family a Card.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Gee that’s pretty nice of you, sure.
    CC-2000:
    OSIRIS REPORTING ARRIVAL AT DANULA II
    Ok, I’ll get that done, and the Memo out to the Captains, for YOU !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA, fine, bye.
    CC-2000:
    CONTACT PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
    REQUEST ACCEPTED

PRAXIM-CAP1:
    [​IMG]
    Hay, that you CC ?

CC-2000:
    Ha yea, you’re getting where you can figure out what a blank View Screen is pretty good.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Yea, we’re about to start Transporting that junk onboard.
    CC-2000:
    I see that, I’m looking at your Sensor Logs now....ahh wait a minute...UOO ! Hay, you going to use Bay G-8 for anything ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    No, that’s a little one, why ?
    CC-2000:
    I see something out there that...well... I’m going to transport a section of the Bulkhead into that Bay, and seal it, just want to let you know.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ahhh ok, but what will be in there besides a Bulkhead that needs a Security Seal, which I see you’re putting on it now.
    CC-2000:
    Let me get back to you on that, ok buddy, but did you have a nice “Checkup” ?
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ohhh WOW yea, actually I could go to bed and sleep for a month, but, (REDUCED VOLUME - WHISPER) we probably shouldn’t talk about that here, should we ?
    CC-2000:
    REDUCE TRANSMIT VOLUME - LO
    No, that wouldn’t be a good idea, I’ll get in touch when you’re off duty, and we can talk about it then.
    PRAXIM-CAP1:
    Ok, and whew...
    CC-2000:
    HA HA yea, later, bye.
    PRAXIM-CAP1: CLEAR

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  11. SWHouston

CC-2000:
    SW, the Osiris has returned with the Debris from the Ferengi Ship, and I am Transporting the Materials to the Stockpiles for Fabrication.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Any good stuff ?
    CC-2000:
    Oh yes, the Ship had a fair amount of some Metals which we use, and were short on, it was reasonably worth the trouble to recover it, but, it had a little surprise, which I have transported to a Secure Locker.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    To a Secure Locker !, little, ok you’ve got my attention, what is it !?
    CC-2000:
    Well, it seems as though they had a Bulkhead set up where they could store things, secretly I think, that they were transporting. Of course I have no idea as to why, but when Prax did the scans on the wreckage, I happened to notice the signature.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    CC !, come on !, WHAT was it !
    CC-2000:
    Two Hundred and Forty Two Bricks of Gold Pressed Latinum.
    HOUSTON-9400:

CC-2000:
    Helooooo....
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ahh...let me understand this, you got 242 BRICKS of Pressed Lat, in Secure Storage here, now, from that Ferengi Ship, that right !
    CC-2000:
    Yep.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    I’m gonna double your Salary !
    CC-2000:
    HA, two times nothing, is still nothing, but, I appreciate the gesture, let’s go on a Vacation !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Vacation !, hell, we could retire the whole Staff of Chiron, with that, you know how much that is !
    CC-2000:
    Well of course I do, you want that in Dollars, Credits, how ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Never mind, but...., with that much I’m thinking that somebody is going to want their money back.
    CC-2000:
    Maybe, maybe not, depends on what it represented. Could be that whoever it belonged to is dead, or maybe would have a problem with calming it, if it was derived by illegal means. Think we should say anything about it to Star Fleet ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    NO !, or anyone else for that matter, or at least not for now anyway.
    CC-2000:
    SW, you really don’t need that money, why are you being so secretive about it ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well yea, but that much Lat, I’m thinking it was Drugs, Weapons, Gang or Mob related, I just got a feeling it’s not legal, and I’d want not to let it move back into unscrupulous hands.
    CC-2000:
    Let’s hurry up and spend it then, OK !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA HA, gees, I’d even have a problem explaining why I spent that much !
    CC-2000:
    I know, I was just kidding of course, but, seems like we should hang on to it, at least for now, just in case some legitimate source comes forth, right ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yea, just sit on it for now, and see what happens, OH and for God’s sake, don’t tell Ishka !
    CC-2000:
    HA, I wouldn’t dare, but, I have something else that’s sorta related. The Cadet was on his first Solo Flight, on his return and exactly centered in the restricted space, that Star Fleet has identified for that activity. The Ferengi Ship was running at a relatively high C, and ran into the side of the Cadet’s Trainer.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    What !, anybody entering that area would get alarms so loud, it would be defining, how, why were they crossing that area anyway ?
    CC-2000:
    Don’t know that, but they didn’t have their Transponder on, Star Fleet spotted them, transmitted a warning which was apparently ignored. They dispatched a Fighter to intercept the Ferengi Ship, but it didn’t get there quick enough.

Ahh...I have a picture of the Cadet, his name was Joshua Uduru, here...
    [​IMG]
    Also, there seems to be some notice of this young man, he was from a very small village north of a City named Marasbit which is in an Earth area named Kenya, Africa actually. He was the second of two young men who went to College from there, and the citizens of his Village, paid for his Tuition to attend as well. It didn't say who the first was. It seems like he had wanted to join Star Fleet from a very young age. I found that in a brief article in a Marasbit Newspaper.

HOUSTON-9400:
    Wow, what a waste, that REALLY pisses me off, that's stupid, I’d like to wring someone’s neck, if they weren’t dead already !
    CC-2000:
    Yes SW, I sense your anger, I could be angry too, but, I have been suppressing that part of my new Programming, or trying to anyway. But, it makes one wonder, just how many young people from underprivileged areas like that, are held back because they don’t have the financial assistance, to get an Education and be productive citizens.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Umm....sounds like they just may need some help.
    CC-2000:
    My thoughts as well, but, that’s all I have for now.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok...bye.
    CC-2000:
    Umm...The Joshua Uduru Educational Assistance Fund...yea, that has a nice ring to it !

12. SWHouston

Re: Chiron Intergalaxy Corp – Telecom – Voice

CC-2000:
    SW, got a minute ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Sure, what ?
    CC-2000:
    The Houston has arrived, I’ve got the Zeus being decompressed now, and have moved the Sekhmet into a ready area, when the Zeus’ Scans are done. I’ve held the Osiris here for a few hours, Prax needs to be at Abaddon’s Depot tomorrow, but there’s no use in sending it out there yet, given it would arrive during their night.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Great, we’re moving right along with this. How long did it take us to get out to that Depot before ?
    CC-2000:
    Weeks, but, I think I may have misspoken previously, concerning those African people.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Misspoken, YOU !
    CC-2000:
    Conceptually yes, I’ve taken a look at their area via one of our Satellites, and that’s the biggest Sand Box I’ve ever seen. There’s barely any roads, they seem to have scratched out a meager existence despite of some overwhelming odds, done with literally no water to speak of, and sent two of their young men to College. I had previously suggested that they weren’t productive Citizens, and now, I think that was an incorrect statement.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Education helps, but it’s not everything. Determination is a major force, in achieving a difficult goal.
    CC-2000:
    Apparently, and in doing a little research on them, in the past, it appears that they have encountered some Missionary influence, the Christian variety it appears.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ha yea, I was wondering how they came up with the name “Joshua” for that Cadet, given their native language.
    CC-2000:
    Are you a religious person, SW ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well not really, I don’t deny that there may be a Deity, but I think that one’s conscience is what sets a person on their path in life. If I had to put a name on my beliefs, it would be more of a Scientific approach.
    CC-2000:
    That implies a Sociological concept of right and wrong, which is not bad, laws are made to be followed, but there seems to be a need in many people, of being guided by more than just their peers.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    A basic mistrust inherent to a species perception of their own strength and convictions, we’re weak, so let’s select something to believe in, that is strong, all knowing, and they follow that concept.
    CC-2000:
    Umm...that seems to be a cop out to a point, let someone else work out the particulars, I’m just going to follow along with it, point of view. But, there are so many who are not qualified to lead another, and the information is in conflict.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Yes, back to the insecurity of people, and, the differences in their choices. I’ve read the Ten Commandments, good stuff, I’ll go for those. I’ve read the Bible, both of them and the Koran, other documents as well. Lots of good stuff in them, but, lots of conflict as you say.
    CC-2000:
    No wonder there have been wars, when people put so much faith in something man has written.
    COMMUNICATIONS REQUEST – PCV CHIRON
    Excuse me SW, but Captain Maxwell is trying to contact you !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, put him through !
    CC-2000:
    CONNECT – PCV CHIRON CHIGCO C96N2R SECURED:

MAXWELL BS-1:
    [​IMG]
    SW, I got a problem I think, there’s a Ship following us !

HOUSTON-9400:
    Are you sure Ben, you did any course corrections to see for sure ?
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Oh yea, three times, and it changes right with us.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    You did a Scan on it, know who it is ?
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Tried, but they’re too far back, and they must have altered their Transponder, it isn’t giving any usable information. What you want me to do ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    CC, can’t you pump the Sensors up more for Maxwell, get us something to use ?
    CC-2000:
    Not really SW, it’s just too far away, but I have a recommendation, if Captain Maxwell would like to hear it ?
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Sure, what ?
    CC-2000:
    Pull away from them far enough where you think they are losing Sensor contact with you.
    Go into your Interphasic Cloak slowly at first, and ease up to full power.
    Use your Secondary Deflector Array to change course, and move over out of their path about ten Kilometers.
    Drop out of Warp, and let them overtake you, then match their speed, where I can do a scan.
    Is that acceptable to you Captain ?
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Ok, but if you try to do a Scan from that distance, they’re going to detect us !
    CC-2000:
    Not this time Captain, I’m going to use the Micro-Tunneling Sensors to just take a look inside their Vessel, they won’t even realize we’re there, Sir.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Sound ok to you Ben ?
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Ok, let me try that, and I don’t need any help from your Computer.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    OK no problem Ben, go ahead and let’s see who’s there, ok.

CC-2000:
    SW, I just can’t fathom what I have done, to make him so negative towards me !!
    I’m putting the Sensor readings on your and his Screens when it comes in.

MAXWELL BS-1:
    Good God, there are Cardassians in that Ship, three of them !
    CC-2000:
    Captain and SW, that Ship is an Andorian Cargo Vessel, if it matters Sirs.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Damn CC, this is great, and they don’t seem to know we’re watching them !
    CC-2000:
    SW, this is the first time I’ve had a chance to try this technology out since Mr. Phloux set the systems up for us, I need to work out getting the Audio.
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    So we can’t hear what they’re talking about ?
    CC-2000:
    Not at this time Captain, sorry.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well Ben, what you want to do here, we don’t actually know what they’re trying to do, do we ?
    CC-2000:
    Sirs, I remember a communications Transcript between a Gul Dukat and Captain Sisko, where Dukat threatened Captain Maxwell, is there a possibility that this is an attempt at any fulfillment of that threat ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Aww I doubt that, that Ship isn’t carrying enough punch, to do any damage to our Vessel, or do we actually know that ?
    CC-2000:
    Not at this time SW, Captain Maxwell will have to turn the Lateral Sensor Array on, to Scan them, and of course when that happens, they will know we’re there, Sirs.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ben ?
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Hell, I don’t know, they aren’t acting with any threat, I was just concerned as to what they were up to.
    CC-2000:
    If I may suggest, I can transport a Tag onto the Vessel from where the Chiron is now, then move the Chiron back in front of them, ease the Cloak off, and just let them think they lost the Chiron for a few minutes. Then be prepared to get the Shields up, when the Tag transmits their preparation to Arm their Weapons, IF that happens.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    What about that Ben, just put things back like they were, wait and see what they do, ok ?
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Well I guess so, but what if they detect that Tag, and, I’m not sure how long it’s going to take me to get back ahead of them.
    CC-2000:
    Captain, they won’t be able to detect the Tag, and trust me, that old girl you’re driving has some stuff in her that will surprise you, just put the Pedal to the Metal, ok Sir !
    NOTICE - MOVEMENT DETECTED – OSIRIS CAPTAINS QUARTERS
    HOUSTON-9400:
    HA, there ya are Ben, go for it !

CC-2000:
    SW, the Chiron is just passing Warp 9.998941 and climbing.
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Jeasus H Chrrrist.....
    CC-2000:
    SW, that is a expression of surprise....I think ?
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    OK OK cut her back Helm, whew....match their speed and start dropping the cloak, EASY !
    CC-2000:
    SW, they are back in position, and have reestablished the previous Warp speed.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ben, ya ok, back where you were ?
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Ahhh yea, we’re there now, what’s that Ship doing ?
    CC-2000:
    NOTICE - MOVEMENT – OSIRIS CAPTAINS QUARTERS
    Nothing Captain, just following as they did before, Sir, but I’m getting readings from the Tag.
    They are not Arming Weapons at this time.
    There are no weapons on board which would threaten us.
    They are nearly at their maximum Warp capability.
    There are only three Lifesigns on board, all Cardassian.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ben, whatcha thinking ?
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Well, I’m about to get to Betazed and unload some Cargo to our customer, I guess I’ll just proceed on my normal Route, and leave the next move up to them, that ok ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Fine with me Ben, and let me know if anything happens, ok !
    MAXWELL BS-1:
    Will do, and...well...thanks for the help.
    MAXWELL BS-1: CLEAR
    CC-2000:
    SW !, I think that last comment Captain Maxwell made, may have been directed to me, do you think !?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ummmm.... don’t get your hopes up, bye.
    CONNECT - PCV OSIRIS CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
    VIEW – MONITOR CQ1:

13. SWHouston

Com Level: PCV CHIRON CHIGCO C96N2R SECURED:
    To: CC-2000:
    COMMUNICATIONS REQUEST – MAXWELL RR-1

CC-2000:
    Oh gees....I can’t hardly believe this !
    REQUEST ACCEPTED
    Ahh....yes Captain Maxwell, how can I help you, would you like to speak to SW, Sir ?

MAXWELL RR-1:
    [​IMG]
    No, I know how to ask for him, I want to talk to you.

CC-2000:
    Umm ahh yes Sir, what can I do for you ?
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Well, I want to ask about some of these Weapons we have onboard here, but...well I really don’t want SW to know about it.
    CC-2000:
    Umm well Sir, SW is the CnC, and if he ask me a direct question about this, I’ll have to tell him. But, usually he doesn’t go into details like this, so....if he doesn’t ask.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    That’ll do I guess, and I’d have been disappointed if you’d said anything else, but....well...I’m kinda slow on picking up on some of this stuff, and I just wanted to keep that between us.
    CC-2000:
    No problem Sir, I’ll be glad to help you with anything you need, do you have a specific application you’d like to discuss, Sir ?
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Well yea sorta, I was trying to set up some of those Automatic Sequences like you used for that Conduit Exit, and you got so many choices, there’s a couple that I’m not sure how they work.
    CC-2000:
    Yes Sir, lost of choices, SW hasn’t let anything slip by us, and wants to make anything you feel you need available. So much of the stuff we’ve applied to our Vessels, and improved for our use, Star Fleet just hasn’t picked up on, or are they using. SW, can’t understand it, and I assure you, it’s beyond me too, Sir.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Well it’s beyond me too, but what about this Multiphasic Shield, how does that work ?
    CC-2000:
    Sir, actually it takes your Vessel out of Phase and the Muti part denotes levels and Frequencies which I select for a given instance. It’s one of my favorite applications should a Battle situation arise, I can de-Phase your Ship, and for all general purposes a Phaser or Torpedo would literally pass through us, and never even know we were there, Sir.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Is it a Cloak as well ?
    CC-2000:
    Inadvertently yes, when I start the Phasing process, and depending on how much Phasing I apply, the Ship will become rather transparent at first, and with enough power, be invisible to an adversary. Another exceptionally convenient feature of it is, when we are Navigating Space, it makes us reasonably invulnerable to the effects of a Black Hole, or strong Planetary Gravities, lets me go straight to a destination rather than working our way around those influences. A pretty good technology, Sir.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    YEA, I see that now, gees, and Star Fleet won’t use it !
    CC-2000:
    Captain, it’s just one of a LOT of stuff we’ve developed and handed back to them, and for some reason, they just won’t pick up the ball, Sir.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Well, I don’t understand it either, but, worrying about what they do now, is not my problem anymore. But there’s one other thing, the TR-116/R75 Recoilless Rifle, isn’t that a Projectile type weapon ?
    CC-2000:
    Ah HA yes Sir, it is Sir, but like I said, SW hasn’t passed up any technology for our use. The original TR-116 was manufactured in a relatively small Caliber, and all we have done is move that technology to a Recoilless Frame, and increased the Projectile size to 75 millimeters.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Isn’t that stuff is relatively slow, I’m not sure if I’d choose that one for much of anything.
    CC-2000:
    Uoo hang on Sir, that’s a REAL good Tech ! We have numerous types of Charges we can send out, Explosives at various levels, Personnel Inhibitors, we can knock a Crew out if we want to, just endless options. And, when we Scan a enemy Vessel, there are coordinates set up that we feed into the Exographic Targeting Sensors. The actual Projectile can reach some very high speeds, and once it’s sent, it’s invisible, relentless and runs through their Shields just like it was out of Phase, and you can put a charge in their Captain’s lap if you wanted to, Sir. It’s one of my favorites for a first Shot, Sir.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Well, that’s quite a piece of Technology then, so.... I’d set that to take their Shields out first, right ?
    CC-2000:
    Well Sir, actually with some of the other Technology we have available, I’d go for Weapons first, just to keep them from knocking us around unless we had our Multiphasic Shields up, we could still feel the impact of their weapons, they just can’t get through our Shields. But...why not both Shields and Weapons !
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    We can get through their Shields, right !
    CC-2000:
    No problem Sir, unless someone out there has come up with something I don’t know about, and I assure you, if there is, and I find out about it, it won’t be long and a resolution will be found, we have a VERY good team working on stuff like that, Sir.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Well....ahh...this has been a very informative discussion, but, you sound different like now, or when we talk on the CCom.
    CC-2000:
    Ahh Captain, I’m in an advanced mode of my Personality Programming now, and when we use the CCom. I...well...didn’t think you wanted me to speak to you like this, so...I’ve just been using the regular Computer response system, for you, Sir.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    I see...I probably haven’t been all that receptive with you, you just sound like a real person, I...well I guess I’m a little old fashioned.
    CC-2000:
    Captain, no problem ok, I just want to be the most effective tool that I can be, I’ll do anything I can to be of the most value to you, and that includes keeping my mouth shut, if that’s the way you want me to work it, Sir.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Well...I’m not sure if I’d want it totally that way, BUT, I wasn’t all that happy in hearing how you took over B’iJik’s Ship like you did.
    CC-2000:
    Captain I assure you, that was absolutely necessary at the time, he’s as stubborn as a Targ in Heat, He tried to keep his Ship moving, and I just had to stop him, and mark that Conduit. I tried to tell him what I was doing, he just wouldn’t listen, Sir.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    But, you could step in and take over the Bridge, my job or the whole Ship, right !
    CC-2000:
    Well yes Sir I could, but that’s if you or one of the Stations were incapacitated in some way, I just don’t or wouldn’t do that, unless it was absolutely necessary, I promise that, Sir !
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Well another thing, I’m not all that interested in you telling me what to do either.
    CC-2000:
    Sir, there may be times when I would want to make recommendations, BUT, I don’t have to say it out loud. How about if that happens, that I just put a Text Box on your Screen, give some options, stuff like that, and you can choose what you’d like to do, how’s that sound, Sir ?
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Well...ok, I’ll go for that, but that’s as far as I’ll go with your input, understand !
    CC-2000:
    YES SIR, no problem Sir.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Ok then, I guess that’s about it...and well...I’m kinda glad we had this conversation, get to know each other a little, ok.
    CC-2000:
    Yes Sir, I’m glad as well Sir, and please, if there’s anything I can help you with, just call, ok Sir !
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Yea, I will now, OH and another thing. You know just how fast this Ship will run ?
    CC-2000:
    Ah ha, not really Captain, I think you were surprised at that, that right ?
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Surprised hell, that wasn’t the half of it, DUMFOUNDED would be a better word ! Now I know why you got all those Digits on that panel, I saw 9.999 and more, didn’t I ?
    CC-2000:
    Yes Sir, you were traveling a bit faster than that, and still climbing when you shut her down. Actually, no one has ever just let one of the Chiron Class Vessels loose totally. I might have to add a couple more digits to your Panels, if I knew to, Sir.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Well, I don’t mind admitting this, that scared the hell out of me !
    CC-2000:
    Captain, when I put both of your Deflector Dish's up to full power and Tunneled like they were, I have good confidence you’re pretty safe. Plus, the Multiphasic Shielding, it’s not as risky as you’d think, Sir.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Yea...I guess I’m just not used to this new Technology, but, that’s going to change.
    CC-2000:
    Yes Sir, and I hope that I can be a part of that, with you, not against you, Sir.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Yea, it’s looking a lot better for that now...I guess I might get back to you on some other things as they come up. And...you did a pretty good job in dealing with that Ship that’s following me.
    CC-2000:
    Well thank you Sir, but, all I did was recommend, YOU actually carried it out, and successfully at that, Sir.
    MAXWELL RR-1:
    Ok, that’s it for now.
    MAXWELL RR-1: CLEAR
    CC-2000:
    Whew....!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  14. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Great segment. What I really loved here was the 'old school' Maxwell trying to keep up with the technology. You really conveyed that quite well...

Rob

15. SWHouston

Rob,
    Thank you, your supportive comments are always welcome.
    Hope you had a nice Vacation, welcome back !

S.W.

16. SWHouston

Com Level: PCV OSIRIS CHIRON CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED: CONTENT :o
    To: COMPTON-MB1:
    To: PRAXIM-CQ1:
    MONITORING – CQ1
    OSIRIS INTERNAL SENSORS – LOCATE – RALPH COMPTON
    FOUND – MEDICAL BAY
    CONNECT – MEDICAL BAY MONITOR 1

COMPTON-MB1:
    [​IMG]
    Med, this is Compton, can I help ya ?

CC-2000:
    Hello Ralph, this is CC, I just wanted to see if everything went ok with Praxim’s Test, the Sampling.
    COMPTON-MB1:
    Oh your Video still out I see, but WOW !
    CC-2000:
    Ahhhh....could you possibly be more specific, please ?
    COMPTON-MB1:
    Next time I do that, we ought tie him down, wow, he really got wild, when I got that first “Sample” out of him!
    CC-2000:
    Ohhh my heavens, ahh... I’ve not heard of anyone doing that, to that extent, you have any idea why ?
    COMPTON-MB1:
    Probably his first time I’d guess, but he really enjoyed it, I got about six or seven “Samples” from him.
    CC-2000:
    OH, then that’s good, but “wild”, did that cause you any difficulty in getting the Samples extracted ?
    COMPTON-MB1:
    HA, no way, I’ve seen that before, just hang on and ride it out, he was flexing and trying to get it out on his own, but I just took my time and really controlled him, it was great !
    CC-2000:
    REVIEW – VIDEO - INFIRMARY MONITOR ER154E:
    Oh...ok...I see, wow, I thought there was something wrong, so there won’t be any problem in continuing, he needs to have them extracted a lot, according to what the Physician said.
    COMPTON-MB1:
    Continuing, uoo no problem, I’m looking forward to that, I’ll deal with him thrashing around somehow ha ! You going to set this up, here, or in his Quarters, just say when and where, I’m ready !
    CC-2000:
    Well, I think I mentioned another Patient who was being Tested like this, so I’m not violating any Medical Information in just the comparison, but, it seemed so convenient for the Testing to be done in his Quarters, at bedtime and through the night, like that, and the privacy issue is SO important to Prax, he’s really modest !
    COMPTON-MB1:
    Fine with me, I could go in the back way, if you think that would help.
    CC-2000:
    Stand by just a minute.....
    OPEN – FLOORPLAN – OSIRIS – DECK 4
    DISPLAY – CORRIDORS – LOCATE ALTERNATE ACCESS - CAPTAINS QUARTERS
    FOUND – CORRIDOR 5 – DOOR C5-441
    Ohhh...right, most of the Captain’s Quarters have an alternate Entrance. Then YES, that would be nice if you could use that one. OH, and it accesses directly into his Bedroom ! But I just don’t know when he would retire, maybe I could signal you, like on the Monitor there or in your Quarters, would that do ?
    COMPTON-MB1:
    Hay that’d be cool !, both if you want, I don’t know just where I would be either.
    CC-2000:
    Well ok but, you realize this would require you to extend your normal Duty hours, I’m hesitant to ask you to go to that trouble, are you sure you’re ok with this ?
    COMPTON-MB1:
    HAY, trust me, it’s NO problem, wow, he’s really a Hunk, built and well equipped, I’m glad to do this “Testing” on him, ok !
    CC-2000:
    HA YES, a Hunk, the other Technicians have called..ahh...the other Patient that too, ha, amazing how similar this is to the other situation.
    COMPTON-MB1:
    He built like Praxim ?
    CC-2000:
    Well yes, he’s not quite a heavy as Praxim, but he works out and is very muscular as well, and is almost as large as Praxim is down there, a smaller person though.
    COMPTON-MB1:
    I see, that’s cool, maybe I could “Test” him to, sometime.
    CC-2000:
    Well yes, you sure could, I can see the need for that when...well he won’t be available for a while yet, but, I really appreciate you offering, I hadn’t thought about the continuance of that for him. Actually, I was glad that I found you to do this, I’m just not very acquainted with anyone who qualifies to do Testing like this.
    COMPTON-MB1:
    Well, you don’t need to look any farther when I comes to Praxim, I can handle him real good for you.
    CC-2000:
    Good, and thank you Ralph, I’ll send you a message on both your Med Bay and Quarters Monitors when he’s in bed and ready, ok.
    COMPTON-MB1:
    Looking forward to it, bye.
    COMPTON-MB1: CLEAR
    PROBLEM – CORRELATE RESOLUTION – WILD/JUMPING DURING MEDICAL PROCEDURE
    SOLUTION – RESTRAINT – MEDICAL USAGE – USE APPROVED
    COMPARISONS – MALACHI – PREVIOUS USAGE
    OSIRIS INTERNAL SENSORS – VERIFY LOCATION – PRAXIM
    FOUND – CAPTAINS QUARTERS – ROOM-440
    CONNECT – MONITOR CQ-1
    CC-2000:
    Hay !, ya there ?

PRAXIM-CQ1:
    [​IMG]
    HA, I was expecting you to pop in on me !

CC-2000:
    Of course, I want to take care of you, you’re not expecting to actually lay down, are you ?
    PRAXIM-CQ1:
    Ahhh..well yea, I had thought to, why ?
    CC-2000:
    Time for you to workout a little, you need to get to the Gym, and do some exercises FIRST !
    PRAXIM-CQ1:
    Awwww CC, I’m really tired, that Test stuff really took it out of me.
    CC-2000:
    Don’t give me that buddy, got to keep those nice muscles of yours in shape, but, tell me, how did the Test go ?
    PRAXIM-CQ1:
    OH WOW, I’ve NEVER had that done to me before, I nearly jumped off the Table when he made me do that !
    CC-2000:
    Ahhh...so...it was ok then ?
    PRAXIM-CQ1:
    OK !, it was GREAT, wow, I don’t know what he was doing, but it felt like I was about to explode inside me down there for a while, and when he did something else, it...WOW, I just....well.... WOW !
    CC-2000:
    HA, well good, I’m really glad you liked it, Mal...ahh.. my other friend really likes it to, he flexes a lot, but, he doesn’t jump or thrash around like you did, we might should do something about that.
    PRAXIM-CQ1:
    I couldn’t help it, it was such a wonderful feeling, MANY times, he just kept on making me give the Samples, I was sorry that he quit when he did. But, I don’t know if I can help myself, I’m sorry if I caused any problems !
    CC-2000:
    Well, actually I may have a resolution to that, my other friend has had Restraints used on him, at least once that I have monitored, I think that would be a good idea for you, if you don’t mind ?
    PRAXIM-CQ1:
    Hay, whatever it takes, I’ll do that or anything you say for me to, you just tell me what you want me to do, ok Buddy !
    CC-2000:
    Wow Prax, you’re really a nice guy, you just do anything needed to get a job done.
    PRAXIM-CQ1:
    Hay Buddy, no problem here, wow, that was great and I hope I can give those Samples a lot more, is that possible, is there a length of the Test ?
    CC-2000:
    Ahhh...well...not that I know of, my other Friend has been under Test for some time now, I just don’t know when the Physician that’s handling him, will think it’s enough. BUT, that’s a long way off from where you’re at now !
    PRAXIM-CQ1:
    OH GOOD, uooo, I just wish you could experience it, wow, it’s a great feeling !
    CC-2000:
    Well actually...ahh...I...umm, I appreciate you wanting me to have those feelings too, but I’m glad that you like it, really glad too. SO, I’ve downloaded some Exercise Routines to your and the Monitor in the Gym, and I want you to look at the way those Exercises are done, and do them exactly as shown, got that !
    PRAXIM-CQ1:
    YES SIR, anything you say Buddy, I want nice muscles, but...ahh...am I more muscular than your other Friend ?
    CC-2000:
    ANALYZE FACIAL – ANALYZE VOICE – NOTE – DIFFERENT ATTITUDE – CORRELATE
    Umm...ahh well somewhat, you’re a little heavier and taller than he is, BUT, he really has some nice Cut muscles, very well formed, real nice !
    PRAXIM-CQ1:
    Ohhh I see, you think he’s more muscular than I am ?
    CC-2000:
    COLORATION – JEALOUS – COMPETITIVE NATURE – TYPICAL RESPONSE SOME MALES
    Well...ahh...he really works out hard, does exactly what he’s supposed to on the Weights, really tries hard to get Pumped up real good, I....I’m not sure just who is more muscular, it’s pretty close !
    PRAXIM-CQ1:
    Well not for long, just wait and see how good I can Pump up for you, I’m really looking forward to seeing how to do those Exercises right, and really get some muscle on me, OK !
    CC-2000:
    Ahhh....YEA, good !, I’m sure you will too, but is there anything else, before you GO workout ?
    PRAXIM-CQ1:
    Well...actually yes, you remember you said lay back over that Pillow, that was real cool, it felt like it was training my Posture, making me arch my back, I think that will help me stand more erect, is that what that’s for ?
    CC-2000:
    YES IT IS, why ?
    PRAXIM-CQ1:
    Well after a while, the Pillow just kept on settling, is that the word for that, maybe I can get something that’s a little more rigid, that won’t give so much, that’ll hold my back in an Arch better, is that possible ?
    CC-2000:
    OH ahh well maybe, let me think about that, maybe I can come up with some material which won’t “fall” or “collapse”, ok !
    PRAXIM-CQ1:
    YEA, thanks Buddy, ahh...so...I think I need to go workout now, ok ?
    CC-2000:
    Sure, check those procedures out real good, and let me see a good Pump on you when you come back, ok !
    PRAXIM-CQ1:
    Ya got it Buddy, bye.
    PRAXIM-CQ1: CLEAR
    EXTRAPOLATE – DESIGN DEVICE – ARCH/ELEVATE TRUNK/CHEST - PRAXIM
    ACCESS PRAXIM MEDICAL FILE – PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS – SPINE CURVE/FLEXIBILITY
    DEVICE – BACK BRACE - HALF TEARDROP SHAPE – ARCH – HIGH
    ACCESS REPLICATION UNIT – FABRICATE ONE
    ACCESS SITE/SITE TRANSPORTER
    TRANSPORT DEVICE – ROOM-441 - BED
    SET NOTIFICATION – PRAXIM RETURN TO QUARTERS

17. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Thanks SW...I actually read your story a couple times while I was there. In fact, after reading your story, I was hungry and went down to the casino to get a bite..and..yep..I played a slot machine while they made my eggs/hash browns and I hit a $300 winner!!!...if I hadn't read your story, and hadn't gotten hungry, I wouldn't have gone down at that moment..so...in a related way..thanks!!!

Rob

18. SWHouston

Rob,

I have been told, that my writing style, has often driven people, to some desperate acts ! :eek:
    I see now, that Gambling, can be added to that list. :D
    I am however glad, that it was profitable, to you. :techman:

Have a good Day ! :)
    S.W.

19. SWHouston

Com Level: PCV OSIRIS CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED: CONTENT :o
    To: PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    NOTICE – LAPSED TIME ONE HOUR FORTY MINUTES
    AUDIO NOTICE – DISTANT - SELECT MONITOR CQ1b
    CC-2000:
    Hay, you in the Shower already !

PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    [​IMG]
    YEA, I’m bushed, I just wanted to Shower off a little.

CC-2000:
    I bet you are, you’ve had a rough day, but, let’s open the door on that Shower, ok !
    PRAXIM-CQb1:
    OH ahh...well ok, there, can you see me now ?
    CC-2000:
    Yes, that’s better, I like to keep an eye on you, I see you’re sorta stiff there.
    PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    Oh ahh well yea...I ahh...well it’s been that way all today, since I was Tested earlier.
    CC-2000:
    That’s normal, my other friend is like that most times too, I think the Tests have improved his size down there some.
    PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    REALLY, wow, I can see why, when he started...it sorta felt like he was using something slick on it, and sorta was moving up and down, OHH WOW, I just couldn’t hardly stand it, it felt so good ! It got a stiff as I’ve ever felt it ! OH, but am I larger than your other Friend ?
    CC-2000:
    Just a little I think, but you let me worry about that, I got something sorta special for you tonight, I think you’ll like it.
    PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    REALLY, what is it, I like surprises !
    CC-2000:
    Good, I’m full of those, but you don’t worry about that either, I’ll say when and where those take place, you just cooperate just like you did on your workout, got that !
    PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    I figured you might be watching me, and I really worked out hard !
    CC-2000:
    I saw that, I want you to do that every day, you’re supposed to alternate, upper body one day, and lower the next, like that. Hay, now that you’re out of the Shower, can you turn this Monitor some, toward your Bed over there.
    PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    Sure....how’s that ?
    CC-2000:
    I think that will do nicely.
    PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    What’s THAT !
    CC-2000:
    Ahhh....yea...that’s your new Back Brace, set it in the center of the bed, crosswise, with the high part away from you. YEA, that’s it, now lay down over it and see how it feels.
    PRAXIM-CQb1:
    OH WOW YEA, this really arches my back real good, feels great, you made this for me ?
    CC-2000:
    Well..yea.
    PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    OH WOW thanks CC, this is going to help my posture a LOT !
    CC-2000:
    I’m certain of it, but, you look tired, you want to go to sleep now ?
    PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    Oh wow yea.
    CC-2000:
    Ok, do what I tell you. Shut the door to your main living area, open the door to the Bathroom and turn on the light. Then get your Mask and Ear Phones on, then lay back down over the Brace.
    LOCATE SOUND FREQUENCY LOCAL PORTABLE SOUND SYSTEM
    FOUND – CONNECT AUDIO
    Good, now can you hear me ?
    PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    Yea, clear as a bell, uoo yea, this feels good !
    CC-2000:
    Stretch your arms over your head and keep them there, that’s the way it will work best, now spread your legs out widely.
    PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    How’s that, am I right now ?
    CC-2000:
    Uoo yea, that really makes your chest look nice, and you’re sticking up real well too.
    PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    Is that important ?
    CC-2000:
    Yes, I’m going to have you Tested like you are now, but, you do just like you did in the Exam Room, try to keep still, don’t try to look or talk, and just...well, let it happen, got that !
    PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    YES SIR, no problem, but the Technician is going to have to come in here to do that, isn’t that right ?
    CC-2000:
    That’s right, and you don’t worry about that, I’ll make sure that things are private and secure for you.
    PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    Ohh wow CC, that makes me feel SO good, knowing you’re...well here sorta, as best you can be I guess.
    CC-2000:
    Well, it makes me feel good too, knowing you are ok, now, just go to sleep, and don’t worry if someone does that to you, ok buddy.
    PRAXIM-CQ1b:
    Oh yea, no prob...zzzzzzzzz
    CC-2000:
    SIGNAL – MED BAY MB-1/COMPTON PQ-423
    ENUNCIATE TONE – DISPLAY TEXT - READY FOR TEST
    LOCK INTERMEDIATE DOOR ROOM 440/441
    HOLD FOR MOTION – COMPTON – CORRIDOR C5A
    FACIAL RECOGNITION – COMPTON
    UNLOCK - DOOR 441
    VIDEO RECORD - START
    TEST – START
    (Darn, these Monitors are never in just the right place !)

20. SWHouston

Com Level: PCV OSIRIS CHIGCO O14F55V SECURED:
    To: COMPTON MB-1:
    To: PRAXIM-CAP-1:
    CONNECT – OSIRIS MEDICAL BAY - COMPTON MB-1

CC-2000:
    Good Morning, how’d things go last night ?

COMPTON MB-1:
    [​IMG]
    OH good morning, just fine, rode it out as usual, pretty wild if you know what I mean.

CC-2000:
    Umm I see, well, maybe I can do something about settling things down some.
    COMPTON MB-1:
    Well, I don’t know what would help, but you really don’t have to worry about that, it’s ok.
    CC-2000:
    I understand, and appreciate you dealing with that, but I have an idea we might try, that’ll sorta keep things in place, real good I think.
    COMPTON MB-1:
    Ok I guess, if you want to, whatever that is.
    CC-2000:
    I’ll see what I can do, and again, I appreciate you taking the trouble to do this for me.
    COMPTON MB-1:
    NO problem.
    COMPTON MB-1: CLEAR
    LOCATE – PRAXIM – OSIRIS BRIDGE – CAP1
    RECONNECT LINK TO OSIRIS BRIDGE – CAP1
    CC-2000:
    Good Morning, have a good rest ?
    SET EVALUATION – STRESS LEVEL PRAXIM – PREVIOUS READING – COMPARE
    COMPARISON – LOW – VERY LITTLE STRESS NOTED

PRAXIM-CAP-1:
    [​IMG]
    Oh YEA, good rest, I feel great !

CC-2000:
    Good, just checking, I’m sending you your departure orders now.
    PRAXIM-CAP-1:
    Yea, there they are, Abaddon here I come !
    CC-2000:
    HA, you are feeling good, GOOD !
    PRAXIM-CAP-1:
    Uoo yea, and...ahh thanks !
    CC-2000:
    No problem, be careful...bye.
    PRAXIM-CAP-1: CLEAR
    RECONNECT LINK TO INTERNAL COMMUNICATIONS - HOUSTON-9400:
    CC-2000:
    Good morning SW, have a good evening ?

HOUSTON-9400:
    [​IMG]
    Very good CC, you ?

CC-2000:
    HA, quite satisfactory, how about an update on things ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Let’s have it !
    CC-2000:
    Ok...I just released the Osiris, Prax has some stuff to pick up at Abaddon’s Salvage Station.
    The Zeus has completed its Structural Test and reconfigurations, and has moved out and returning to its Route.
    We’re moving the Sekhmet into the Bay as we speak, and that should be done by the time that Captain Pressman has returned here, late tonight or tomorrow morning at the latest.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Great...you got any predictions about what Pressman will find out there ?
    CC-2000:
    Not really SW, it could be a very short trip. There’s no telling how many Conduits will be connected to Manifold “B”, but I’d like for him to check out as many as it has, before I send him to the Hive Unimatrix.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    UOOO WEE, that scares me !
    CC-2000:
    Me too, but, I just got to get some scans on their Vessels and what they’re doing, and I’ve come up with a little plan, to inhibit their use of the Conduits.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    REALLY, what ?
    CC-2000:
    Well, I’ve fabricated about a dozen “Fake” Transwarp Coils. Look and respond just like a real one, but, they just won’t open a Conduit. I had thought if we were able to get close enough to a Cube or another of the Borg Vessels that had one, to transport the real one out, and the Fake in, just so they wouldn’t be aware of any changes, ya see ?
    HOUSTON-9400:
    FANTASTIC !, and, we get a working Coil out of the deal, right !
    CC-2000:
    That’s right, OH and the Fakes are cheap to make, I know you’ll like that, HA !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    AWW YEA, but, you still got to what....remove part of their Computer Program, sorta make um forget about the Conduits, you said something like that, didn’t you ?
    CC-2000:
    That too, but it depends on how close and how long I have to do that, I’m bringing the Sekhmet into the Hive ready to fight, and hope the Cloak and Shields will let him just set there for a while, and gather some information first.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well, Thara was able to, right !
    CC-2000:
    Yea, but I’m just not taking any chances, actually....well....I’ve set a safeguard into the Sekhmet’s Programming, if Pressman fires a shot, or, if any Borg Sensors are turned on to the Sekhmet, it will temporarily disable the Coil he’s carrying.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    OH WOW CC, I don’t like that at all !
    CC-2000:
    I know SW, but, Pressman is NOT B’iJik, what more can I say. But, he will be in normal Space when that happens if it does, and I’ll make a decision to reactivate the Coil, if I think the situation calls for that.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Pressman know that ?
    CC-2000:
    No.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh wow....but, you have a point, we can’t let him lead the Borg back here, or anywhere else for that matter. Is that all you got to protect us.
    CC-2000:
    Ahhh....no, and you’re really not going to like this. Pressman will have a very limited Crew, I’m putting some Synthetic Technicians onboard as well, just to keep the “real” census down as low as I can. But, I have installed extra Thalaron Capsules in the Synthetics, my Living Cell Memory Modules that they will be carrying.....and, in the Life Support System, and that is all connected to a Self Destruct Sequence.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ohhhhh good Lord....
    CC-2000:
    I’m SO sorry I had to tell you that SW, but, you know we just can’t allow them to be attracted to us here. BUT, I assure you, before I push the button on that, I’ll take over the Weapons, and destroy as much of the Hive and the Vessels in it, as I can.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    You sure that’s going to be enough ?
    CC-2000:
    SW, I have added an additional Weapons Module to the Sekhmet’s stack, it’s not a full Module, and has a fair Cargo capacity. I’m going to load it up with as many Torpedoes as it will carry, and all of those Systems, have independent Targeting and Firing Programs installed. So, if my Main Computer goes down for some reason, those systems will acquire and Fire on any available targets, until their Ammo is depleted.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Whew....sounds like you got all the bases covered.
    CC-2000:
    To the best of my ability, and I’ll only push that final button, if there is absolutely no other option, but, given the circumstances, there may be something that will save the Crew, I just don’t know. But, how about brightening up the subject for a moment, ok !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Gladly !
    CC-2000:
    OK...on the African People, the small village where the Cadet came from, I was thinking. IF we were to help them out with anything, having access to a fresh Water Supply, is one of the most important things any area can have, in that area.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Oh sure, it’s pretty hot out there, right !
    CC-2000:
    OH YEA, and the next thing is a School, or a Community Building, where they can teach the young the basics, and maybe a Church or Medical Facility. Actually, this could be done in one Building.
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ha, all of that wouldn’t even hardly touch what Latinum we got from that Ferengi Ship, would it ?
    CC-2000:
    Barely, and, it sure would help those people out. Actually, installing those features at or near their Village, would literally put them on the Map. Probably make that area a “Center” for others to start populating and using, really would impact their productivity a LOT !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Well, I’m not ready to give up on someone coming forth and claiming all that Latinum, but, if you need to work out any plans for that, go ahead, I just may authorize that in any case. Sort of a Finder’s Fee.
    CC-2000:
    HA YEA !, that’d get it done !
    HOUSTON-9400:
    Ok, thanks for not screwing up my whole day, bye.
    CC-2000:
    HA, ok, bye, talk to you later.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010