Star Trek Begins - A New Direction

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by StarTrekBegins, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Loken

Loken Lieutenant Commander

Well, a couple things.

I have heard from numerous sources what Farragut/STC wants a day to rent their sets. It is not private information. It is out there already and there is nothing private about that.

Also, Farragut/STC got a multimillionaire to donate the money to build those sets and rent the facility. No different than Ajax, other than Ajax got small donations from lots of people and John Hughes foot much of the bill. I think there are always people donating to get these sets and shows done. That isn't a differentiator John.

I don't begrudge Farragut/STC wanting to make back some of their money. (assuming that it does not violate CBS IP to do so). But I do applaud Ajax and Phase II, both of which just ask for actual expenses (like electricity) to use their sets.

Alec

2. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Okay, so....any updates on this project? Or have they been run off the forums?

It looks like a lot of fun, and I'd like to see and hear more.

3. MrArcas

MrArcas Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Neat stuff, so far. I like what I've seen of those jacketed uniforms.

4. DCR

DCR Commander Red Shirt

I'm hoping it comes through. I love classic era fan-films.

I also think the complaints about what was said re. set costs is a tempest in a teacup. I don't see anything wrong with saying that Farragut Films charges for the use of their sets while Ajax doesn't. No numbers were mentioned, so it's just general information.

5. IronWarrior777

IronWarrior777 Cadet Newbie

StarTrekBegins, I sent a message via your Facebook page about some question I had. Is that a good way to contact you or do you have a preferred method of contact? I am a new member here so I can't send a PM yet.