Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that is pretty crappy. I find it rather disappointing that they would appear to be turning their backs on it like that. Even if they have decided it isn't canon, I don't see why they would need to try to pretend it doesn't exist. Just because it isn't part of the story anymore doesn't mean it's not still a good show that people should be able to watch.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Again, Filoni has stated that they're not ignoring the micro-series. IIRC he was supervisor on that series as well. This of course could have changed at some point...but he has given previous episodes stating that it wouldn't be affected.

3. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Whether it's canon or not is not an issue here. The fact that you can't watch it anywhere any more (unless you get it second hand or pirate it) is what I find so sad.

4. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I beg to differ.

I found it in HMV, ok, I already have it so didn't need to get it, but thought I'd just mention that.

5. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I guess I've taken Genndy Tartakovsky too literaly or something.

6. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

It was nothing to write home about.

I didn't know who Obi-Wan's partner was, but given who they were going after, I knew she was dead meat the moment I didn't recognize her.

7. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

You haven't. The Tartakovsky series is out of print, so if any stores are still selling it, it would have to be old stock. The series also doesn't appear to be available for legal download, so anyone seeing it in a store these days is kind of lucky.

8. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Nice episode i am really curious about the next one. I wonder if War on 2 Fronts means that Stella is fighting both the droids and the beast riders.

9. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

OK, so if there is absolutely no other way of obtaining it other than to pirate it, is it still considered theft? I mean, how can you deny someone their profit by "stealing" something they aren't even selling?

10. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Yes, it's still theft. The copyright holder can do with their products what they want. Obtaining copyrighted products without consent of the copyright holder (i.e., illegal downloads) is still theft.

I'm not going to take the time to look at online shopping options outside the U.S., but the Amazon Marketplace, for example, still has vendors selling both volumes of the microseries.

11. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Who ( other than GT ) says that it isn't part of the story anymore?

12. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's still technically theft but if I were you, I wouldn't feel too bad about it. If you really truly have no hope of every getting it legally. You could always write a letter to the producer and send along some cash and an explanation/plea for it to be released in your area. Who knows, someone might actually pay attention. At the very least, you've proven that you aren't just being self-entitled.

13. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I need to watch it again but Saturday's Clone Wars was finally back to business at hand... the actual war, but it was fun to watch Maul wrangle pirates last week.

The story arc that started could end up being very interesting, I just wish this planet was populated with characters that were. So far I'm not very invested in these aliens-of-the-week (oddly enough, a Star Trek trope).

Not sure I'll be able to hold out much enthusiasm for a lovesick Ahsoka story! Is Ahsoka supposed to be 16 years old now? The animators seem to have drawn her taller. I can't remember how old she is supposed to be when the series starts.

On a side note, I couldn't catch the Clone Wars last Saturday morning, because apparently in Canada the Clone Wars is still broadcasting Friday nights.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  14. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Ahoka is not human so she might griow faster during some stages iof his live.

Was Lux always this tall?

15. CorporalCaptain

If we're going to have spoilers in this thread, which I favor by the way, could an admin change the thread title to reflect that there be SPOILERS here? Thanks!

(Otherwise, I'll feel obligated to put my posts behind a spoiler button tag.)

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I really liked the Vietnam metaphor and the moral debate of over being "advisers" to rebels.

17. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I wonder if this episode plays into the formation of the Rebel Alliance between ROTS and ANH.

18. CorporalCaptain

I strongly suspect it does. Surely the writers were savvy enough to know that anytime their characters referred to "Rebels", the audience would be predisposed to think "Alliance".

19. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

Has there been anything said in the show about whether or not the clones know that Palpatine is plotting to kill all the Jedi? Some of the lesser canon sources seem to indicate that they knew or suspected that sooner or later they'd be called upon to off their Generals.

20. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

According to an interview with Dave Filoni, Order 66 will be explored at some point during the series.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Filoni_On_ForceCast_TCW_Will_Explore_Order_66_143192.asp