Captain America: The Winter Soldier pre-release thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

I wonder if they'll kill off Steve Rogers in the third movie and have Bucky take over the franchise. I'm sure Sebastian Stan is a lot less expensive right now than Chris Evans.

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^ But to do the story right, Steve would have to return.

3. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    If Steve's return was in a Captain America 4 after Evans had completed an Avenger trilogy and Cap trilogy might be a good way to recast. It'd be 2020 give/take a year or so and I'm sure Evans would be wanting to move on as well.
    Steven is back from the dead and comments like "Steve glad you're back, look a bit different, you sure you're okay" type comments. As a wink/nod to the recast. Like Rhodey's "Yeah, it's me, deal with it" from IM2.

4. Turtletrekker

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Atwell was excellent as Peggy Carter, but having her play Sharon as well would have made the situation really creepy, as opposed to just kinda creepy. Though it won't be as creepy now as it was when Cap first woke up in the '60s, where he essentially dumped a fortysomething Peggy for a younger model.

6. Captain Craig

In regards to the Sharon Carter, will she/won't she with Haley Atwell this is perhaps a "no news" story but decide for yourself.

7. Skywalker

That just makes me think that if Atwell does come back, she'll be playing Peggy in a flashback, not Sharon in the present.

8. Captain Craig

I've not heard of this blog before, not sure if it has "sources" or if it's just a well run fan blog. A guy somewhere else is always linking to it and cites he does get some good scoops.

So, salt shaker in hand here is the rumor I'm passing along to the mill.
    I mentioned to the guy who posted this that he never claims to have information. It just sounds like the site runners own wish to happen.
    Still Kendrick as Spider-Woman sounds nice plus she's about the best real talent acting wise to come out of the Twilight pictures.

9. Turtletrekker

10. Captain Craig

I'm glad Mackie is excited but he needs to slow down a bit. Falcon not only is not the first black superhero but not even the first Marvel one to make it on screen. In the MCU or other. Blade my friend, then War Machine but we are all as stoked about Falcon getting his due cause it's going to be a huge profile boost for the character.

Meanwhile Evans is teasing in a few interviews as well.

11. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Well, he did say the "first African-American" superhero" which I believe is true in comics. The Black Panther wasn't an American. Blade came later and isn't really a superhero.

12. Turtletrekker

13. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Ah, you beat me to it! Just found out about this today, and I'm quite pleased that Marvel Studios is returning to my city. Can't wait to find out what locations will be used.

:techman:

14. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Er, both of those characters came much later than Falcon. Falcon debuted in the 1960s; Blade in the 70s, and Jim Rhodes only became Iron Man/War Machine in the 1980s/90s.

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm jealous. I wish something like this would shoot in Phoenix some time.

16. Captain Craig

That comment was awhile back and not in relation to their chronological appearance in the comics.

I believe we were commenting on Mackie's statement he was excited to be the first African-American hero in the MCU on film. I was pointing out that War Machine got there first(IM2 of course) and that while not MCU Blade has made to film first as well representing Marvel comics.

17. Skywalker

I thought he clearly meant that he was excited to be playing the first African American superhero, which is correct. He didn't say anything about being the first one in the MCU.

18. Captain Craig

^^^
    If that's the case then yeah, I probably just read it too fast at the time and I misunderstood his statement.

19. Turtletrekker

Wasn't Black Panther the first African-American super-hero?

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

No; he's African, but not American. King of Wakanda, remember?