Generations with original opening

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Mr Pointy Ears, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

I watched the deleted scenes from generations the other day and wondered if the movie would get rereleased with the original opening and the original scene where kirk is shot in the back.

2. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

It won't.

3. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

'Orbital skydiving' was a scene added to the script to appease Shatner's concerns that Kirk wasn't integral to the earlier drafts of the script, and to get him to sign on to the movie. I've a theory that the film-makers never seriously intended to actually use it, but having shot the scene they had pleased Shatner, and they could still turn around to him afterwards and say "Well, we tried to work it out in the editing room, but it just didn't make the cut".

I certainly can't see how it could be reinstated without making the opening of the movie bloated.

4. CaptainBearclaw

CaptainBearclaw Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I would support a version with the alternate opening and ending. Those scenes could probably be an improvement if you ask me.

You could replace the credits with the overture from the soundtrack, and have the actual credits track play over both scenes. It could work.

5. Botany Bay

Botany Bay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wouldn't mind betting you'll see something like this for the 50th anniversary. Super-extra-extended-deluxe editions or something like that. 3 discs each film maybe.

TMP fans might get all the three versions. TWOK fans might finally get all the deleted scenes added back etc. GEN is nowhere near my favourite film, but if it was given enough bonus material and a second cut I would probably look at buying it and giving it another go.

6. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

The original ending IMHO was superior, Soran comes off as truly pathetic when the ribbon passes overhead, then Picard simply shoots him in the stomach with his own gun.

Better than what we got.

:)

7. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Kirk shot in the back while he's not paying attention, Picard killing an unarmed opponent. Mmm, some ending there. [​IMG]

8. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is not your father's Star Trek!:rommie:

9. Ghrakh

Ghrakh Captain Captain

^Those scenes weren't in the released cut. :wtf:

10. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That's the point. We're discussing a new cut of the film with the alternate opening and ending added back to the film.