Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Comic Book "Reboot."

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

April, micro series #7: A good issue that sees April in the role of spy at her old labratory. The event in this issue that needs more narrative imo, is, did we see the birth of
    Tokka
    in this issue?

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It's more likely to be Slash.

3. Trekker4747

Major bump here, but...

I've had it sitting on my "to read" pile for a while and finally got around to reading it. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1.

This... I didn't like too much. It was too disjointed to really grasp and as blasphemous as it is to say I'm not a fan of Eastman's art. It looks like he's drawing the comic with a Sharpie which makes fine details and lines impossible. The non-linear story-telling was a bit annoying (especially in one case where it wasn't clear what was going on as one of the panels was over the spine of the book. One side of the spread being in the "present" the other side being in the recent past. And the characters in the panel looked a lot like characters in both "time periods" but it wasn't clear to me who they where or how they fit in the story. :shrug:

Eastman's art is just too clunky for me. The book, overall, was pretty decent, however. Interesting story but unfortuantely centered mainly on Raph and Casey as opposed to all of the turtles.

4. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

I prefer the new CGI show.

5. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

blasphemer!

i really enjoy the new IDW Turtles book. if you continue reading i'd like to hear your thoughts on the Turtles new origin.

6. Trekker4747

I've been reading the book from the beginning, I've just been sitting on the annual for a while. I've really enjoyed this new book and really like the new take on their origin.

7. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Wanted to bump this if for no other reason than for those that had some interest in this relaunch as it is now nearing the end of year two.

The villain micro-series one shots have started.
    Both Krang last month and Baxter Stockman last week were really good. Ironically enough both had layered subtext of them having father issues. Something to prove.

Then yesterday issue #22 of the main title hit starting a big story with Shredder for rule of the city's underground criminal empire. It's called City Fall and it hits the ground running with Shredder
    spearing Casey Jones through the gut, left to bleed out while he taunts the Turtles to come and try to save him.
    The set up indicates a strong story is forthcoming as this plays out through issue #25.