Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In all fairness, they did warn you several weeks ago and gave you the opportunity to opt-out.

2. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Me too!

Agree.

3. Yanks

I almost emailed them when I got the notification that they intended to bill for DS9 right before Christmas. :lol:

But I was afraid I might not be able to get DS9 then.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  4. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I do agree that their original timeline (end of November) was better timed than right before Christmas, especially for people on a tight budget this time of years

5. mtblillie

mtblillie Captain Captain

I just got billed for both as well, but I was able to put my Christmas bonus toward it to pay the full load right before the Holiday.

I know I've already answered but I think what would make me most happy is getting all the ships that were used as other support starfleet ships but not really seen all that often (ships from FC were seen a lot during the domininion war, but ships from TNG were almost never actually seen and TOS there were sketches and even some models but not seen), I'm speeking of coarse of ships like the New Orleans, the Freedom, the Daedelus, the Saladin, the Curry, the Cheyenne, the Intrepid, the Steamrunner, the Sabre etc.

6. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

I forgot about the New Orleans class! Definitely would like a model of that one.

7. Sans

Sans Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Still waiting for them to take my money :(

I can't wait for them all. Really looking for the Steamrunner and the Sabre.

8. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

I just got billed today for issues 7 and 8 and DS9.

*Ducks from the flaming arrows soon to be shot his way from all those still waiting on 5 and 6*

9. Sans

*Glares at the Frontier*

10. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

Just got charged for 7/8 and DS9. Can't wait to get them!

11. kennysmith

kennysmith Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

i am going off line soon please some one tell me how to stop this.

12. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Stop what?

13. Sans

Wow. Ok. So, after sending an email last Friday, I got an a response back saying that again they didn't have my billing info on file. Called yesterday and talked with a really helpful young lady. This time she made sure that my info was saved into the system. I should now be getting issues 5 thru 8 and DS9 in two weeks.

14. PicardSpeedo

PicardSpeedo Commander Red Shirt

I tried to subscribe to this, only to have their billing system tell me my address is nonexistent. Received a support e-mail from someone named Rajish Rupaldi who asked for my full (unredacted) credit card number and my SSN so he could 'urgently process manual transaction.' I told him just to forget about it. There's definitely some shenanigans happening in their billing department which my financial info doesn't need to be a part of.

15. Sans

That does not seem kosher. Have you tried calling them?

16. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Has someone cloned Eagle Moss's website and is using it to dupe people perhaps?

17. Richard Baker

Richard Baker Commodore Commodore

I have NEVER heard of a SSN being asked for to complete a purchase of a product before- definitely something is going on.

18. Yanks

"Rajish Rupaldi" doesn't sound very British to me.

Email: startrek-ships@eaglemoss-service.com

I've conversed with them at this email address and it's legit.

19. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ Sounds Indian. Indians make up a rather large portion of the demographic in the UK. I suppose it's a hold-over from England's colonial period over a century ago. So much so that curry is threatening fish & chips as the national food of the UK. I remember, when visiting there 10 years ago, you couldn't swing a dead cat without finding some kind of chicken curry sandwich at a local deli or convenience store. I suppose it's a lot like chicken salad sandwiches here in the states, but I personally prefer curry and wish it was more prevalent over here.

So, long and short of it, if it's an Indian sounding name at a UK company, that is certainly not an indication of skullduggery. Asking for a SSN, however, is not a good thing. I recently had to change my credit card info with them because of the Target hack fiasco and, while it took a while for me to reach someone, they were very courteous once I did talk to someone, and they absolutely never asked for an SSN - not once. I personally would not have given that information out under any circumstances.

20. Yanks

"skullduggery" :lol: I should have used a "sarcastic" emote.

With ya on the SSN thing. That's a big red flag there.