Trekiverse/ASC* Archive

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by constablekt, Oct 6, 2013.

1. constablekt

constablekt Ensign Newbie

Hi, all. I'm Constable Katie Redshoes, and while I am new here, I am not new to Star Trek fandom. Some of you may recognize my name from alt.startrek.creative and alt.startrek.creative.erotica.moderated, as I became a member of the ASC* Archive staff (better known today as Trekiverse) in 1997, and lead archivist in 2000. I've been mostly a fandom lurker for the past 6 or 7 years due to a series of messy real life situations that took me away from fandom, but now I am back, and just joined TrekBBS to try to reconnect.

On the Trekiverse front, I'm working with my cohort Stephen Ratliff to bring Trekiverse up to modern archive standards, and I invite you to read all about that over at our new blog at Wordpress (mirrored on Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr). We are getting close to relaunching Trekiverse powered by eFiction, which will give us tools we never had before, not least of which is robust searching and direct archive submissions.

We are excited about being able to provide a whole new reading experience for our archive of over 22,000 Star Trek fanfiction works. When we relaunch, we will be featuring winners of the ASC Awards (1995-2008) and the ASCEM Golden O's (1997-2007), and will be back to make recommendations.

Constable Katie Redshoes

2. constablekt

Good afternoon, fanfic fans -

Stephen and I have been very busy with the Trekiverse archive conversion since I last posted, and we are looking for some beta site testers. Send me a PM if you are interested.

thanks!

Constable Katie

3. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi, Constable Katie Redshoes! :beer: Whoa Nellie here. Sorry I missed your first post - very hectic real life. Wonderful to see a fellow ASC denizen! Welcome to TrekBBS! The updates to the Trekiverse ASC archive sound great. If you need anything from the Whoa Nellie collection it can all be found (along with ASC original posting dates) on the Whoa Nellie website.

https://sites.google.com/site/whoanelliestartrekfanfiction/

If you need any additional info just PM me or e-mail me at:
    whoa_nellie40@hotmail.com.

I'm going to go check out the blog you mentioned. :)

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

4. constablekt

Delighted to have you joining us as a beta site tester, Whoa Nellie! And so glad to see another fellow ASC'er...!

Constable Katie

5. constablekt

If you haven't been following the Trekiverse blog (link in .sig), we currently anticipate going live with the new archive in 7 to 10 days!

Constable Katie Redshoes

6. constablekt

I am please to announce that we will be going live with the new Trekiverse archive on Sunday the 15th. We have about a third of the old archive converted to the new system, so there's still work ahead, but there will be plenty to see. Details at our blog (see .sig).

Constable Katie

7. constablekt

The new Trekiverse archive, powered by eFiction, is officially live today. We've converted about a third of the old archive (which also remains in place), so we still have plenty of work to do, but we hope you enjoy what we've transferred so far. Check out our new splash page with seasonal embellishment at trekiverse.org (egg nog may have been Stephen's inspiration). Try out the new features and tell us what you think! If you are an existing ASC/ASCEM/Trekiverse author, please contact me to request the password to your author account rather than create a new account. More details at our blog at trekiverse.wordpress.com. OK, back to work - got more converting to do!

Constable Katie