How often do you tank up your car?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by propita, Jan 6, 2013.

1. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I gas up my Jeep every week and fill the wife's PT Cruiser every two weeks.

2. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll get gas once every 2 weeks. It would be probably once a week if I start using it more.

3. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since they moved my office 27 miles away from my home, I tank up once per week. Fortunately it's mostly highway driving and I get about 24 MPG.I miss the days before kids when I could walk to the bus stop by my house and my wife and I only needed one car, which we'd only fill up about once a month.

4. LavianoTS386

LavianoTS386 Admiral Admiral

I drive about 2 miles each way to work, and live in a pretty tight nit urban environment, so I rarely have to use my car for recreational purposes, I gas up about once every 2 weeks or so. I have a 94 Nissan Sentra

5. Naira

Naira Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I used to do it 2-3 times a month when I was in my hometown (3 during the months I worked at a nearby town ~80km away once a week). Now that I moved and go to work on foot, I hardly tank up once a month.

6. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Any answer depends on how much driving you do/how far you have to drive.

For me, it's about once a week during the wintertime to keep my tank at least half full all times, but up to ten days during the summertime when I can let it go down to a fourth of tank before heading back to the gas station (although it's been said doing that is bad in any kind of weather). The most I've ever spent at the pump at any one time was $25 USD.

My very first car--a '87 Plymouth Reliant--was a granny car with insane gas mileage after a mechanic did something with it that he was very proud of but I never fully understood. That little car was getting 35 miles to the gallon, and that was back in the '90s.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  7. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I put about £30 in a week, but that's usually from whatever's left as opposed as from empty. Daily commute is about 25 mins each way.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

The next related question would be what's everyone MPG, mines ~55MPG