New James Swallow interview

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Defcon, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My interview with James Swallow is finally online over at Unreality SF.

In it we talk about his recent Star Trek novel Cast No Shadow, his work in the Warhammer 40K universe, his involvement with the game Deus Ex Human Revolution and more.

You can find the full interview here.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  2. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

cool interview, I all ways like his books. huge warhammer 40,000 fan as well as a star trek fan.

3. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great interview.

I was never into W40K, but that makes it sound interesting.

4. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great interview I enjoyed reading Cast No shadow and His ds9 novels.I hope James will write more Startrek novels in the future.

5. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Very interesting. I'm really looking forward to reading Cast No Shadow, and playing Human Revolution, but sadly, I haven't gotten a chance to either yet.

6. Defcon

Thanks. :)

7. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Does James go deeply into his motivations for writing certain aspects of Cast No Shadows? If so, I think I'm going to wait with reading this interview untill AFTER I've read Cast No Shadows. I find it more interesting to read an authors views after I finish a novel.

8. Defcon

Mmmh, we weren't going into too much depth concerning the plot, as I usually try to remain relatively spoiler free with books that are upcoming or fairly new, but I guess the ending is spoiled during the discussion about where James was coming from writing the main characters Valeris and Vaughn.

Not sure if I'm really helpful here, especially because I'm pretty pain-free when it comes to spoilers myself, so maybe someone who has read both the book and the interview can chime in.

9. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks, I'll just wait untill after I've read it. It's the next novel in my Trek-list after What Judgement Comes.