If you could insert one more character into DS9

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Photon, Mar 1, 2013.

1. EnsignRedshirt

EnsignRedshirt Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Mot. He could have his own little shop on the Promenade.

2. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

I really wish T'Rul had stuck around, especially after Worf came onboard. I like to think there could have been a good love/hate relationship between the two of them.

I'd have liked to have seen Dorian Collins assigned to the station, she could be a love interest for Jake or Nog. She could have been the Defiant's conn officer after Jadzia was killed. Some survivors guilt to work through, as well as living up the legacy of Red Squad (seeing as she is the only one left).

A Federation diplomat/liaison. He/she would have their own approach to alien races, interested in peace above all else and has a dislike of Starfleet due to its militaristic ways.

3. doctorfoto

doctorfoto Commodore Commodore

Personally I think it would have been nice to see Ezri a few seasons earlier than the last one. If anything, to have her come aboard periodically to handle O'Brien's horribly handled imprisonment follow-up from the events of Hard Time.

O'Brien hates counselors. Ezri's not a terribly good assistant counselor visiting from the Destiny. But for some reason he takes a liking to her and chooses her for his monthly sessions. Maybe this storyline is just a B-story in a one-off episode but I would have liked to have seen at least that.

It would also be interesting to see an 'everyday' non-joined Trill, who grew up in a mining colony off-world and was never caught up in the idea of becoming joined - and watch how she would interact with a top-of-her-game character like Jadzia. THEN to see her take on the mantle of the Dax symbiont, see the change in her and understand a little better why she's so messed up in season 7.

Obviously the writers didn't have the foresight to predict Farrell's exit, but it would have been nice.

4. doctorfoto

doctorfoto Commodore Commodore

I also think it would be fun to have what would essentially be a "reverse Morn" character, one that you would hear all the time but never see.

Of course, DS9 essentially did just that with Captain Cusak in The Sound of Her Voice - but where her character lifted everyone up, this character would be incessantly depressed.

Basically I'm thinking that it would be the DS9 equivalent of Carlton the Doorman from Rhoda...

[​IMG]

He would be in charge of something ridiculous like Damage Control on the Defiant, and essentially be there to tell the crew that they were all gonna die horrifically whenever Sisko called for a damage report. DS9's version of Marvin the Paranoid Android.

5. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

Or someone like this officer?

Hysterical Bimbo:
    "The black hole's EXPANDING. We won't reach MINIMUM safe distance if we don't leave IMMEDIATELY."

Several minutes later, the ship casually eases out of orbit in complete safety.

:)

6. KNH

KNH Commander Red Shirt

Ah, the important part of reading out loud what the computer spells out. Also known as "Harry Kim" a couple years down the road.

7. NCC-1701-B

NCC-1701-B Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes please. :mallory:

8. TiberiusMaximus

TiberiusMaximus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thadiun Okona. *ducks* What? I like Okona.

Here's a serious idea. A Chaotic Neutral unjoined Trill civilian trader, occasional thief, and freelance spy. He could have some history with Quark and maybe Kira.

9. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Female Cardassian Guls.

10. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Nymphomaniac Female Cardassian Guls.

11. Danger Ace

Danger Ace Commander Red Shirt

[LEFT]I was watching the DS9 episode "The Passenger" (S1E9) and it had me thinking that a young, naive, wet-behind-the-ears and by-the-book Starfleet security officer (named Ensign Todd) assigned to learn from and assist Constable Odo would have been good for a couple of seasons.[/LEFT]

12. Danger Ace

To go even further:

Senior Cadet Todd Gerkins, Starfleet Security intern, assigned to "Deep Space Nine" for one term. Odo finds himself getting the cadet out of pickle after pickle, yet grows fond of the determined young lion. Quark also has a little fun with Gerkins by informing him that the pail in Odo's office is for relieving oneself when on monitor duty. :crazy:

13. LoneDragon

LoneDragon Lieutenant Red Shirt

EMH to assist Dr Bashir.
    ...or Data!

14. CrazyMatt

CrazyMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Commander Tomalak!

15. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

YEAH EMH! :adore:

A thought: Only just started watching DS9, but it seems like it could use a good Vulcan. Don't know if one comes in later. (no spoilers please!) :D

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  16. CrazyMatt

CrazyMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I always thought William Windom could have been great as a Cardassian... maybe an old Legate or member of the Detapa Council... someone to play Dukat, Garak and even Tain off of.

17. Danger Ace

I would've loved to add the Ferengi hippy Snott and his wife, Snooki, along with their baby, Cannabis, to the DS9 dynamic.

18. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

The only one that really makes sense to me is Ro Laren. I would also have Kira and Ro be antagonistic towards each other and delve into some story about the different views they might have had during the resistance.

I also wish T'Rul would have stuck around.

(I haven't read the relaunch books so I don't know how Kira and Ro get along in that universe.)