Star Wars The Clone Wars Season Five News and Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well I'm sure Disney will take care of that while their nuking the EU from orbit. It's the only way to be sure ;)

Meh, at which point I would no longer have any reason to continue watching Cartoon Network for the time being.

2. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I hear that, but for all we know they could end up going that direction themselves. At this point there's no way to know.

3. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

They will nuke the EU, i am finished with SW. I am serious, i never owned any toys or anything like that so i won't be coming back for more.

4. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    I'm hoping that isn't the case but it isn't looking good for the post-ROTJ books and comics. But the new films probably won't touch the films and presumably all the EU stuff that's come before so at least you'll/we will have that.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't imagine CW on Disney XD without being toned down some.

6. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

The new films won't contradict the OT - in the words of the new boss, "protecting the characters" is job one. (at 2:44)

And we now know she ain't talking about the EU characters. Disney just spend four billion dollars for a valuable brand that includes the characters that people could name if you asked them at your local mall - Luke, Leia, Han, the robots, the furry guy, the little green guy, what was his name again...?

The new movies will be made for people who have to think a bit to rememeber what the little green guy's name is. They have so damn much more money collectively than we do. And keep in mind they have to play in Jakarta and Santiago, not just Cincinnati and Fresno. Those people think EU is that organization that is imploding in Europe right now.

7. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Maybe they're contractually obliged to keep Clone Wars on Cartoon Network, at least for a while, so it might not be an issue.

8. Hartzilla2007

Of course if Cartoon Network tries the same crap they puled with DC Nation the guys running Clone Wars just had a new option open up for them.

9. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

TCW likely to movie to DisneyXD after this season concludes.

The Cartoon Network and DisneyXD have the same target audience, so my hunch is that Disney will keep a hands-off approach. If ratings tank for some reason, that might change.

10. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

The difference between TCW and DC Nation is that in addition to good ratings, it also has a healthy toyline, which is something that CN sees additive value in. And toys or lack of them was the given reason for the cancellation of Genndy's Mecha themed show. YJ if I recall had a toyline that bombed.

11. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

The Gathering - I liked that this episode was more lighthearted than all the preceding ones this season. The "twist" at the end was kind of predictable but I liked how all the padawans learned to overcome their individual faults by the end.

12. Hartzilla2007

And they managed to use Ahsoka's concept design into the intro narration interestingly enough.

13. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

In such a case, it would be better for The Clone Wars to stay on CN and finish its run there.

The article is fairly high on speculation about any possible move, but Disney XD's biggest hits are its live-action comedies, not its action cartoons. Ironically, like CN's Adult Swim, even the animated comedies generally bring in higher ratings.

14. Mr. Adventure

Aww, poor Byph. Cute episode though we've seen that kind of lesson has been done many times before.

As far as DC Nation vs Clone Wars, even before this takeover there was more corporate synergy between CN and DC which I believe allows for CN to treat it so. Knowing that CN only contracted year by year with Lucasfilm shows why they wouldn't do the same with Clone Wars.

15. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Well that was a good Disney episode.

16. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was also a nice rite of passage for Ahsoka to guide a new group of young Jedi to their next step.

17. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Uhh, so this is the Jedi way? Child endangerment? Ooh, how heroic.

And I couldn't watch a story about these Jedi "younglings" without being constantly aware of the fact that in a year or so, they're all going to be murdered by the nominal hero of this show. It kinda undermines any sense of accomplishment or victory.

On another subject, I had no idea that lightsaber crystals were so tiny. I had the impression they were bigger and rounder, more like lenses.

18. lennier1

lennier1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This sink or swim approach is a necessary evil. The universe isn't a boys' choir and future Jedi need to grow up faster than other kids their age in order to survive.

19. Stephen!

Stephen! Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I wonder if Yoda would have just left them in there, had they failed

20. Mr. Adventure

I figured they'd be colored differently.