The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

^"Well, hit her back!" :lol: That would be a very Tasha thing to say.

It's hilarious that this photo set on my tumblr got more notes than anything else I've done. I didn't think it was that funny!

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Hey, quality is quality. The people know what they like and they like what they see!

3. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

4. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Got the big Millennium Falcon off eBay for £10. Missing it's landing legs but otherwise complete. Bargain!

5. cooleddie74

TEN POUNDS? That's barely $15 American! Magnificent score!

Which Falcon was it? The Power of the Force 2 version from the nineties? Original Trilogy Collection from 2004?

6. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Legacy BMF!

7. cooleddie74

:eek:

[​IMG]

That is amazing. Congratulations! That might be the cheapest I've ever heard anybody score a Legacy BMF. :cool:

8. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I found the DC Unlimited New 52 Wonder Woman at Toys R Us:
    [​IMG]

Not a bad figure at all. My LCS also got in the Dark Knight Returns and Planet-X Batman variants, but were charging ten dollars more than regular retail for them. I decided I'm going to keep up the hunt and take my chances at retail for them. Distribution from the big two companies seems to be far better this year than last.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I am still thinking about getting her...but I still prefer the DC Collectible sculpt, even though the articulation is horrible. I still am hoping for a Cliff Chiang version :)

10. cooleddie74

Making a pit stop at my local Toys 'R' Us later today or sometime later this weekend. If the new Endor AT-AT Walker has already shown up I'll go ahead and grab it. I just realized I still have a Toys 'R' Us coupon for 30% off any purchase of one or more non-sale items, and 30% off the price of the new vehicle would make it just $89.99 before sales tax.

11. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I was at my local comic place today, and was rather impressed to notice an original G1 Jetfire in his box with all of his parts! The box itself was fairly worn, but I have no doubt he's all there and doesn't look like he was overly played with. The shop owner is a friend of mine, and it's too bad he's far too expensive for me - $300 based on condition. If he were new in a mint box, my friend suggested he'd probably go for $900-1200 which sadly doesn't surprise me. Jetfire is a huge Transformer, one of the largest figures in the line (he's the same size as some of the combined team robots that came along the next year), and was one of the major additions when he was first released. That his toy was licensed from the Valkyrie mold only makes him more popular with collectors.

12. Biffette

Biffette Captain Captain

I heard the Star Trek Fighter Pods are out now; I'll be getting some this weekend. Pics to come.

13. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Walked into my local Toys R Us yesterday, just checking to see if any of the Hot Wheels Trek ships have turned up yet (the movie is only a few weeks away, c'mon already, Mattel).

Wound up snagging a bunch of Power Rangers Megaforce action figures that were "on sale" for 7 bucks each and the new52 Batgirl figure:
    http://img1.targetimg1.com/wcsstore/TargetSAS//img/p/14/34/14348457_121229233408.jpg
    as well as that fairly rare to find (at retail) Red She-Hulk figure:
    http://www.manofactionfigures.com/s..._dorksidetoys__94559_1357540385_1280_1280.jpg

14. cooleddie74

Nice scores there. Congrats on finding something cool.

I also have yet to see any Hot Wheels Trek items in my local stores.

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had to attempt (attempt being a key word here folks) to get the "Star Trek" hot wheels online, because the stores were sold out of whatever shipments they got. Comic shops (both the ones that I go to) were sold out immediately. This is why a while back stated, these will sell like hot cakes again and will be extremely difficult to get.

The only ship from the line I was able to get online was the Enterprise-D. All the "Star Trek" ships were sold out and impossible to get. I suspect it'll be the same again. I've kind of given up hope to get anything "Into Darkness" related from the line.

16. cooleddie74

I was just on a collecting site and read yet another report of the brand new Star Trek Fighter Pods starting to hit American retail stores. I have yet to see any of them myself, but keep your eyes open for both these as well as any Hot Wheels and try to report your sightings in the thread.

Thanks!

17. OdoWanKenobi

I've gotta admit. Injustice Batman had grown on me. The game is really good, so I went and picked one of the figures up:
    [​IMG]

There are two version of this figure. The one I got has a silver paint job, while the other has a more reddish paint. Both seem to be equally available. It's not a bad figure, but I do have a couple gripes. First, no accessories. There's not even a simple reused batarang. Secondly, no biceps swivels. Come on, that's just standard articulation at this price point. There's no excuse for that. The sculpt looks pretty accurate to the game though, and the paint work is good for mass market. This will look good on my Batman shelf.

18. cooleddie74

What's the scale?

3.75", 6" or is it a larger 12" figure?

19. OdoWanKenobi

All of Mattel's DC figures that I post are 6" scale.

20. cooleddie74

Yeah, a 6" action figure from any company and for the price they tend to go for should have at least one accessory and more joints than this. He looks great, but I don't blame you for wanting more out of your purchase.