What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Oh come on, the ME1 "skill tree" was terrible! Admittedly, ME2's was a bit too spartan, but they rectified that in ME3.

Regardless, my point on what does and does not define an RPG stands. Frankly it was refreshing to see a game break away from the old D&D style mechanics. Most of which were designed with pen and paper in mind, not video games with hand/eye skill based combat mechanics.

Yeah anyway, back on topic: I've been giving Saints Row 4 a go. Though it's a lot more fun than SR3, I can't get away from the feeling that it's way too short and still nowhere near as much depth of play as SR2.

2. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I just started Okami HD on PS3. I've never played Okami before, but I've had this on my ps3 for awhile, so I decided to try it. I'm only about an hour and a half in, but its fun so far. I'm a bit annoyed that you can't make dialog go faster during some cutscenes (especially the WAY too long opening), and the fake voices are annoying, but the game play is fun so far.

3. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just started playing Ni No Kuni. I picked it up about a month or two ago during a PS sale, but I haven't started it until now. I just got my first familiar, Mitey. I'm really enjoying it so far.

It feels like a more modern Dragon Quest game with the focus on exploration of a new world in a linear game, but without the archaic battle system.

4. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I just finished the last episode of The Wolf Among Us. It was awesome. The whole game was great, probably my favorite of the three TT games I've played (the other two were BTTF and TWD 1, both of which were good but I think I liked TWAS more).

5. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Saints row 4, how MS lawyers have not been all over this game is beyond me, it's crackdown on steroids. lol

6. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Not sure it's steroids...

Finished Assassin's Creed 4 last night, played Trials Fusion and finished Infamous Second Son before that.

7. Mr Pointy Ears

Mr Pointy Ears Captain Captain

finally finished enemy front,going to try to finish wolfenstein the new order.

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

South Park: The Stick of Truth (US, PC)

For someone who likes South Park, this game is basically a deeper, XXL version of Costume Quest. Which is to say it's not just a great, interactive +10 hour episode of the show, it's also a very decent turn-based RPG.

People who don't like the show and don't get anything out of the myriad references and easter-eggs will probably not get their money's worth overall, though.

9. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Dark Cloud, man I love this game :). Started rebuilding my town today and did some exploring.

10. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Just beat Wolfenstein: The New Order. Turns out it is far better than it had any right to be, I highly recommend it. Currently getting back into Dragon Age in preparation for DA: Inquisition.

11. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

A buddy downloaded Double Dragon NEON the other day, we played it prior to going out last night. My God, it's like mainlining Eighties. In the best possible way.

12. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Playing it at moment, its a real laugh and solid gameplay for a casual RPG gamer like me especially as I am not a big fan of turned based.

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I got up to the abortion minigame yesterday, and I have to say, it was not a big deal at all. It's a typical South Park joke, overindulging and crass, but the way it's depicted really isn't grounds for the way it was censored in Europe.

Meh, it's nothing to get worked up about, it's not like people were missing out on a significant portion of the game.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Yeh the censored scenes were nothing compared to some of the stuff they left in the game so I don't understand why we didn't get the full game. I am very wary of cenorship in this fashion entering video games.

15. Bob The Skutter

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut, I just rented it for the Wii U. I played the Xbox 360 original edition, I'm not sure what the differences are between the two editions, anyone know?

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

According to Giant Bomb:

17. Bob The Skutter

Ah, cool. Won't notice most of it then.

18. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

You are in for a treat with the Wii-U version, loved it, game pad integration is fantastic in the Wii-U version.

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

South Park is now done and was well worth the 11 hours+...Probably give it an 8 out of 10 score :techman:

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I'd be tempted to try the Wii U version for the revamped boss fights alone. Those were awful and reminded me a lot of the boss encounters in Alpha Protocol. Depending on your spec and gear, they coud really screw you over.