TV Ratings (Monday 16th February

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jax, Feb 17, 2009.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

TV Ratings (Monday 16th February)

First thing I am moving on Feb 28th so the week beginning March 2nd or 3rd (depends if sunday ratings worth sticking up) will need someone to do the ratings for that week. I will be without internet for at least a week so anyone who can take over that will be great. Any questions pm me if you want.

-Total Viewers:
    Fox: 12.58 million, ABC: 10.68, CBS: 9.84, NBC: 7.81, CW: 1.12

-Adults 18-49:
    Fox: 4.4 rating/10 share, ABC: 4.0/10, CBS and NBC: 2.9/ 7 each, CW: 0.5/1

FOX

ABC

CBS

NBC

CW

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  2. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

heroes just seems to keep sliding. Against repeats, would have thought chuck and heroes would have done better...

3. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fair play, Chuck went up against House and The Bachelor. I don't think it did too badly. If it can bring in around the 7m mark I think it will be safe.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I can post the ratings if you like. What site do you use? I use TVbythenumbers.com

5. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Heroes continues to demonstrate rock-solid demos.

Show should be safe for Brian Fuller's imprint to be felt later.

6. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: TV Ratings (Monday 16th February)

Series finale? So we know it's already gotten canned? If that's the case, that's too bad. Too bad it didn't end up on another network where it might have had a chance.

7. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I use http://pifeedback.com/eve/?cdra=Y&s=32410241 and http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/ratings/nielsen-overnight-tv-show-ratings

cheers.

Also as for Worst Week, CBS has declined any chance of picking it up so far and rumors are flying think & fast that CBS has canned it but they might wait to make sure RoE does't dip. It looks dead so Series finale until CBS says otherwise.

8. JayTheTrekkie

JayTheTrekkie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So thats where you get the rating from...cool

I hope Heroes still goes to season 4.

Question: Was Heroes originally planned to only have 5 seasons?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Yes but that was before the early end to season 2...Heroes will get a 4th season no doubt but that might be it should NBC have a better season, next year and the slide continue for Heroes. I would plan an ending if I was writers though Heroes will not go past 5 seasons and expect cast reductions in the future to save money.

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Is and was?! Make up your mind! :p

11. gh4chiefs

Well that's too bad. Oh well, it won't be the first decent show to get canned while other crap stays on the air.

Just think, if that show would have been on NBC or ABC and had those kind of numbers, it would have been considered a hit. It's funny how that works, the same numbers can you get you canned or get your renewed, all depending upon the network.

12. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

it will certianly get a 4th season why Fuller is back on board, but after that depends on ratings

13. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Worst Week has been doing the same as How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory... were the demos not there?

I really don't see how they can drag on with him being a klutz anyway...

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

^ CBS is big on retention and out of Two & Half Men (highest rated show of the night) it still draws the lowest viewer total and demo of the night for CBS. The other networks would always keep a show like it around but CBS can afford to chop even the most succesful shows never mind a show like Worst Week.

I don't think CBS put TTBT out of Two & Half Men the other week by chance they did it to test the pairing and it was a huge success. I can see CBS putting TBBT along with 2&HM next season and put a new show alongside HIMYM or give ROE a full 22 pickup for once.

CBS has picked up the rights for the web series smash hit "We Need Girlfriends" which should have a pilot and hopefully series up and running by 2010 probably in a small near season end role like ROE has at the moment of 9-13 eps just to test the waters.

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Wow Medium still keeps growing and growing.

16. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Nope. It always supposed to be a one season show but NBC got greedy.:rommie:

17. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Look at the demo number - significantly lower than Heroes, which isn't doing badly but nobody would consider a "hit." On NBC, that demo number might be survival level, but only because NBC is pathetic and desperate.

Really? I didn't think networks deliberately ever do one-season shows. If a show is doing well enough for a second season, it gets one. And a third, etc.

18. gh4chiefs

Ok, so I misused the word "hit" but my point remains. On NBC with those numbers, it probably survives. I mean if they can keep Kath and Kim around for a year, surely Worst Week could survive. For that matter, I wouldn't be terribly shocked to see it come back on CBS at a later date.

19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I thought that originally the plan was to keep the show going, but basically scrap the cast at the end of each season, or only have a SMALL carryover, so they could constantly work new characters and storylines? But then in the 1st season, the show and cast were popular, so they kept it (and over-exposed it), and they've stuck with that since...