Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

No offense to your friend, but she's not exactly the body type one sees on the runways at the major fashion shows in Milan, Paris, New York, and London.

2. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Yikes. Horribly skinny, no boobs, tattooed, and only vaguely cute (but by no means beautiful).
    Lynda Carter may have had no ass, but she was a true beauty (and stacked, to boot). This woman can't carry her halter top.

3. Data Holmes

Data Holmes Admiral Admiral

I think that she is a great choice. She is a beautiful woman and an under rated actress who will most likely end up doing a great job.

4. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Funny how there's an expectation among comics/genre fans that Wonder Woman should be very athletic / muscular when in the comics she has pretty much always had the same lingerie model body as every other super-heroine.

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

She's still been more or less shown to have some "body" and curves to her. Gal is a beautiful woman, but she's not Wonder Woman. Maybe if she gains about 30-pounds of muscle or something but, really, I just don't see it at all.

6. The Mirrorball Man

Adding 15 kilos of muscle does not add "curves" to a woman. And again, which was my point, Wonder Woman is not and has almost never portrayed as a muscular female bodybuilder. I expect her to look fit and slightly athletic, just like she does in the comics.

7. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Muscle was the wrong word there, but better option than "fat", still more weight on the woman would go a long way to giving her looks and curves of Wonder Woman who, yeah, while not always muscular (depending on the artist) at least has curves. And not arms/legs like toothpicks and the boobs of a 13-year-old girl.

Again, I think Gal is a gorgeous woman. She's just not Wonder Woman.

8. The Mirrorball Man

She looks like Wonder Woman to me.

9. Data Holmes

She has plenty of curves in her Castro lingerie vid on YouTube. And just because she isn't rocking DD breasts, doesn't make her have the "tits of a 13 year old".

10. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

If my girlfriend saw me posting things like these about any woman, she would shit a brick, I'm sure. And my mom would wonder where she went wrong....

11. Data Holmes

You should come clean, and admit your wrongdoing to them in an effort to repent.:devil:

12. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

In case I wasn't clear, I wasn't referring to anything I'd posted.

13. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

I wonder what style of costume they will go for?

Will she have a tight latex costume like Silk Spectre from Snyder's Watchmen or will they use one out of the comics or an armor version resembling Faora.

Here are some costumes I like.

Traditional
    [​IMG]

Pants version from J. Michael Straczynski's short run back in 2011.
    [​IMG]

New 52
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Armored Fan art version (artist page here http://nebezial.deviantart.com/
    [​IMG]

The upcoming Justice League War movie costume
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So many I like. Decisions, Decisions

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actresses are not women, or at least not women first, second, third or fourth.

There's no need to be as rude as beaker, but actors are paid, and at the top end of the spectrum paid very well to transform everything about themselves into sometimes something radically different.

15. Data Holmes

I'd bet some form of the pants costume... That said, you could also take not account the outfits from MoS as an idea of direction. Kevin Smith was shown a pic of Afleck in the batman suit by Snyder after some yahoo MoS q&a he moderated, and said its nothing like has been shown in the movies so far. He aid it was very much like a particular comic style, buy it was beeped/censored in the Hollywood Bable-on podcast so unless you were there you don't know specifics.

16. The Mirrorball Man

17. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

The Mirroball Man those are lovely =^_^=

18. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

don't hold back tell us what you really think...

19. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

First hit in a Google search on this name brought up this discussion on another forum, containing strong indicators that the same person goes by the name Jennifer Ryan in contexts that imply modelling is not their primary source of income. Which, that's cool, I'm not judging anyone... but I wouldn't go representing them as an example of professional fashion modelling.

Yasmine / Jennifer is quite beautiful and a triumph of self-creation, but it's fairly obvious that their "living doll" look is the product of implants and extensive surgery. It's more than a bit disturbing to see this described as being somehow definitive of what "looks like a woman." Because it isn't. And it certainly has little or nothing to do with how the character of Wonder Woman has been portrayed in comics.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  20. Data Holmes

Id love to see Gal in your hipster WW outfit.:drool: