Trip & T'Pol Appreciation Society, 2010 Edition

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Aquarius, Jun 3, 2010.

1. creek_chub

creek_chub Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I finally saw my first episode with actual Trip/T'Pol action in it. To celebrate, I took a screen shot.

[​IMG]

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really don't understand why there wasn't MORE action. By the time I watched ENT I was under the impression that it had been a full blown relationship/affair. I was very disappointed.

3. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    More action...
    [​IMG]

though personally I liked the courtship, the little glances...

4. teacake

I liked the courtship too, it was the abrupt ending of the whole thing after consummation that upset me.

5. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

According to Micheal Martin Trip and T'Pol will have a major story arc in the upcoming Enterrpise Romulan war novel coming out in October.

6. Reanok

Sorry for the double post on June second they're having a Enterpise marathon starting with Harbinger, Doctor's orders,Hatchery Azati Prime and Damage and The Forgotten and on June 13 Broken bow Fight or flight ,Unexpected Terra Nova ,The andorian incident, Breaking the ice is an imporant tnt show.Another marathon in june I forgot the date will show the ship ment,Twilight .North star .Similtude,carpenter street ,Chosen Realm,Proving ground Stratagem, and E2

7. teacake

GOOD!

And let's hope it's not like Chakotay and Janeway's romance which had ONE NIGHT of consummation and then they killed her. Is it too much to hope for that Treklit would manage to do a romance well without these ridiculous "OMG separation" scenarios?

Also I'm sick of Trip being a spy. Enough already.

8. Middleman

Middleman Captain Captain

Thanks for the update. I thought what little TnT story Martin gave us in the last book as totally awesome!

9. star

star Vice Admiral Admiral

*le sigh* I don't read the novels. I have trouble with the Trip-is-a-spy scenario (though I'm grateful they were able to salvage him from the Abomination). So I happily read fanfiction instead.

10. teacake

Frankly I never found the spy thing believable. Sure he's a very clever guy as well as having an engineers brain but he's also a "what you see is what you get" type IMO. That's a big part of his charm, he's genuine and wears his heart on his sleeve. Impersonating an entirely different race for months (years?) at a time? It just doesn't fit. Still, I read the ENT books anyway as there simply was not enough ENT on tv and they have been pretty good as far as Treklit goes. I enjoy having more ENT.

But gah, I hope they drop the spy stuff soon!!

11. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I really didn't think of him as a "spy" at first. More, like, saboteur. In the beginning, he was accompanied by a *real* spy after all, and he was actually perfect for the mission because an operative without his kind of expertise wouldn't be of much use around experimental warp equipment.

But I do agree that the whole "under cover" thing wasn't a good idea. There were better ways of bringing him back, surely.

The way I would have done it - events in TATV still occur in 2061, but the relaunch only gets there at the end, while all the books take place between Terra Prime and it.

In the end, the final book would have retcond TATV by showing the REAL version of events, in which Trip DOES in fact die, but heroically and meaningfully. Also, the T&T romance continues, but the two are VERY discreet, both being senior officers and all.

Oh, and Trip dies in T'Pol's arms, a MAJOR tear jerking moment, and y'all baww like babies, but you keep re-reading it over and over because it's just THAT beautiful! :D

12. star

Meh. I suppose I would be okay if his death had been far more meaningful and less contrived, but truly, in my head canon, he lives to be an old man. :razz:

13. Reanok

I still like the books I'm looking forward to reading the next novel. I also enjoy reading fanfiction too .There's been alot of great fanficstories to read recently.I like Alelou's missing season 4 scenes stories plus alot of great authors I'm trying to catch up on reading their latest chapters too.

14. star

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And on a related note:

[​IMG]

Hey, mod-lady (aka ko-kai)... Might we be allowed to post drabbles in this thread, related to this pairing? They're only 100 words long.

Please? :D

15. Reanok

Lovely Tnt avatars thanks for posting them.:adore::luvlove:

16. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Why do I feel as if that avatar is a velvet arm-twister? ;)

Hmm...the Voyager forum has a thread for show-related creations...fanfiction, music videos, photoshop goodies and such. And since this thread could use a little traffic, I think it might be fun to see what y'all have been doing to express your Trip & T'Pol luuurve. :adore: Let's give it a whirl and see how it goes.

Let's start with posting links to drabbles and fanfiction if they've already been posted somewhere, okay? You can embed YouTube vids here for easy viewing, and any of you with wallpapers or avatars or other artwork, post away! We love pictures. :biggrin: Images that are humongous can be posted as thumbnails or links.

And if you wish to recommend a favorite T/T story or video or wallpaper created by someone else, let us know and post a link, so we can enjoy them too.

Remember that this is a family board, and some folks surf here while in the workplace, so if your creation is spicier than PG-13, post a warning.

17. HopefulRomantic

It's music video timie!

This is the funniest Enterprise video I've ever run across -- it helped me get over "Home."

Name: Polly's Mom
    Vidder: JL246, aka MommyJ
    Song: "Stacey's Mom" by Foundations of Wayne
    Notes: winner of the Creation Entertainment Music Video Contest

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1iitTuH4bk[/yt]

And here's another winner by my music video sensei boushh:

Name: A Message
    Vidder: boussh2187, also known hereabouts as boushh
    Song: "A Message" by Coldplay
    Notes: a Creation Entertainment Music Video winner. Also gets the Connor Trinneer seal of approval -- He saw it at the convention and she gave him a copy, which he shows it to folks all the time. :)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE-HePGODxk[/yt]

Enjoy!

18. star

Both of those are in my favorites already.

Here are a couple more:

Name: Try
    Vidder: JL246
    Song: "Try" by Nelly Furtado

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s15nft2stCo[/yt]

Name: Undisclosed Desires
    Vidder: cherrylane79
    Song: "Undisclosed Desires" by Muse (love this song!)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1tKeS75ONE[/yt]

19. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I really like that second one. Great song, and very nice editing job. :bolian:

20. HopefulRomantic

And now a fanfiction recommendation! Here's one of the all-time best Trip/T'Pol stories out there:

Miscommunication, by Ragua

Ragua's summary: Trip wants to learn Vulcan, so he goes to Hoshi for help. He makes her swear to keep their lessons secret, because he wants to surprise T'Pol. T'Pol misinterprets Trip's interest in Hoshi, as does Malcolm, and a great deal of misunderstanding ensues. When sent on an away mission, the three senior officers must resolve their problems.

Warning: Make time, because you won't be able to put it down once you start it. :) It's engaging and funny and beautifully written. A masterpiece.