Bad episodes you love anyway

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Third Nacelle, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I love The Motion Picture, it is one of my favorites and reminds me so much of the original series. Other than Trek 09 The Motion picture really felt like a large scalse grand event.

2. Third Nacelle

Third Nacelle Captain Captain

I unabashedly LOVE The Motion Picture. Sure the story is slow, and not much happens, but it's absolutely gorgeous. Two hours of wonderful eye candy. And there's something about 1970s sci fi that looks and feels much more futuristic than the sci fi in the decades after.

3. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination

TAF is televised NyQuil. One of the most boring and pointless episodes of TOS. I'd rather sit through "brain and brain, what is brain?" than sit through the tedium of TAF.

4. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

I've rewatched VOY: Muse and TNG: The Neutral Zone multiple times. The latter most recently. Although I am not sure bad is the proper title – it would have been a great episode if it wasn't for the immensely stereotypical cardboard characters in the cryopods and the if the crew did not act silly, particularly if Worf did not bump his head in doors like an idiot and Picard did not nearly dismiss people's lives like they were nothing in his exchange with Crusher. The concept and setting were solid.

5. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Ah well, each to their own. If memory serves, this isn't the first time our respective "Trek tastes" have radically diverged, sonak!!!

6. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination

that's true-different tastes are what makes this board interesting.:techman:

7. Tcsfan

Tcsfan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I like these are the voyges from enterprise for some reason

8. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

I've often argued this episode is undoubtedly fairly weak - and certainly a dismal and appalling choice to end a series/franchise. But had it been slotted into ENT's swansong mid season, it probably wouldn't have taken so much flack. Possibly, it might be remembered as one of those perfunctory, "OK-ish", filler stories.

9. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well yeah... the Troi/Barclay duo is usually fondly regarded over on Voyager. That was an example of doing it right, and even when they appeared, they didn't steal the show or distract from the concept of them getting home.

But if you had ended Voyager with Troi and Barclay running a holodeck program about how Voyager inspired them in some non-tangible way, it would've... well been even worse than future Janeway gets them home.