Never seen TOS scenes, but would've been nice...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Warped9, Apr 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kagan

Kagan Commodore Commodore

Re: Never seen TOS scenes...

Tasha Yar in a red shirt...aahh...so that explains why she was killed in Skin of Evil episode. :lol: :lol:

Both pics look good, W9!

2. USS Excelsior

USS Excelsior Commodore Commodore

That looks interesting :cool:

We would have gotten used to it as we have with the uniforms they had.

3. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

To make the TNG shot work even better would be to erase Wesley completely as well as recast Troi and Tasha Yar with better actresses and then strive for better writing overall. :D

Tweaking ST-TMP. I know Decker is supposed to be command, but I wanted a little variety and to speculate what things might have looked like if they'd followed TOS more closely...
    [​IMG]

I actually wanted to make Kirk's shirt similar to his alternate green shirt in TOS, but there is so little contrast in his white tunic that I found it impossible to make it look right. And I don't really mind the white alternate.

4. Kagan

Or cast them as they originally auditioned? :lol:

I personally don't have any problems with Decker in red because from TMP he seemed to know more about engineering than helm/nav. May have come from engineering to command. According to something I read somewhere Kirk had come from security to command, just can't remember where it was.

Again, good job, W9!

5. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Commodore Commodore

I'm not very skilled with my art program (I have Corel PhotoPaint), but could someone tell me how these are done? I think it's awesome, and would really like to play around with it myself.

6. Classic Fan

Classic Fan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice one W9. :cool:

Well, ive done colour alterations earlier in the thread, i use MGI Photosuite to do this, i select the area i want to change and alter the hue or ad a lense effect to the image.
    Although, as W9 has said, if the contrast is too high like kirks uniform, its almost impossible to make it any other colour but white.

7. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

^^ There are two basic ways of approaching it from what little I know. Firstly you can isolate which colour or hue you wish to change and then play around with it until you get what you want. Problem is rarely are colours pure and you'll often find that while you're changing the more obvious colours you're also affecting other colours that have the hue you're playing with in them.

When the above approach fails I then resort to selecting what area I want to change, copying and pasting the new layer in place and then proceed with changing the colour to what I want. Consequently I'll also have to erase what I don't want changed and then the original aspects will show through where I've erased. It's time consuming, but rarely is anything worthwhile quick and easy. When I'm finished I flatten the image so that all layers are merged into one as a new complete image. Done.

There is more involved than just changing colour. There is also the matter of intensity (saturation) and brightness of colour as well as shade or hue.

Nothing dramatic here but tweaking. I've softened the gold, darkened the red and darkened as well as adjusted the blue...
    [​IMG]

8. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I'm speculating on a bizarre idea: a Pike era Enterprise with TMP attributes. :D

9. Four Mad Men

Four Mad Men Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Those colors really highlight the bulkiness of the jackets but it looks good anyway. I really like the green for medical/life sciences.

10. Classic Fan

Looks ok.

The red darkened turns it from in your face red to a more insignia red. i like it.

Although, i am attempting to graft TMP era crew members on the original bridge, kinda like a Generations/DS9 crossover uniform stunt. ;)

11. Classic Fan

A TOS/TMP Uniforrm Crossover Stunt.

Heres version one, im still editing this image, Scotty is still a little phased out and doesnt look part of the pic, i know, so please dont hijack it, pleeeease. I still working on it. ;)
    [​IMG]
    Now, this i see happening in one of the last few episodes of STAR TREK, say season 6, where the Enterprise is in her first month of refitting.

This scene takes place in the last episode before TOS goes off the air before TMP release 18 months or so later.

The newly promoted Admiral Kirk visits Comander Scott on the now gutted Enterprise to see how everythings going. Scott is still wearing the original uniform, while Kirk has adopted the new design. In 18 months all starfleet crew will have adopted this uniform.

The new TMP uniforms come into use during these last episodes, so its kind of like what Generations did with the TNG/DS9 uniforms, they merged them into one movie.

12. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Re: A TOS/TMP Uniforrm Crossover Stunt.

^^ Interesting. Can you tell me where you got your TMP cap? I'd like to do some more stuff from TMP, but I've had a hard time finding pics.

13. Classic Fan

I grab my own from TMP:DE & SE DVD's. :D

Thats why the resolution is so high and clear.

PM me if ya need some from TMP, its my Fave Trek movie and the only true Trek movie that exists, thats why i only work with TOS and TMP.

Just give me a buzz and a scene index or whatever and ill grab it for ya. ;)

Hows that sound? ;)

Im going offline now, but drop me a line, add me to your MSN chat list or email me.

Catch ya tomorrow.

14. Odysseus

Odysseus Commodore Commodore

classic fan, i'm not hijacking your picture, but you gave me an idea. if this is set during tos, then kirk would be a little younger, so ironed out his wrinkles... :)

http://www.geocities.com/odesseus2004/odspage.html

geocities doesn't link me straight to it.

15. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Never seen TOS scenes...

CGI ship by Kirkunit and Photoshop starscape and image composition by me. :D
    [​IMG]

16. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

nicely done... :D

17. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

And just a straight beauty shot from a second series we never got... :(
    [​IMG]

18. Kagan

^^My, my, my... :eek:

Kinda makes you want to rewrite parts of TNG back into Phase II. Let's see there's The Child which was supposed to be a Lieutenant Ilia story. Guess we could easily find a pic of Ilia...but making Ian bald-headed would be a little different. ;)

19. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

^^ Makes you almost cry, doesn't it?

And what might a tweaked original Enterprise look like in a new Pike era series...
    [​IMG]

20. Kagan

Now this is the one that gets me all choked up! :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.