Holy ....! Doctor Who/Star Trek Crossover coming From IDW!

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Let's compromise and go with Farscape/Doctor Who/Star Trek

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I wouldn't be able to buy that fast enough. I would die and go to heaven.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Farscape/Doctor Who would be awesome. I'd like to see the Tenth Doctor with John and the gang!

4. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Oddly, despite The Third Doctor being my least favorite Doctor, I think he would be the best fit for John and company.

5. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

I'd be more excited if it didn't have Amy.

6. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

sorry, but you dont wnat to ass Amy in a Starfleet uniform, lets face it the only disappointment on this front is that its not set in the TOS era. Karen Gillian in a TOS outfit defines a very literal "fankwank"

As for the Cybermen on the Borg, im just not seeing the team up, what will the Cyberman offer the Borg, even if there is nothing left for the Borg to assimilate, they wont struggle to blow them up. Unless you work on the idea that the Borg believe they can learn how to be more robotic from the Cybermen.

7. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

I know that Cybermen existed first, but the Borg are way cooler and would destroy them in a heartbeat.

8. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

They could always put her in the season 1 "skant" uniform. Hell, they could have both Amy and Rory wearing skants...

9. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"I'm wearing a skant now. Skants are cool, right?"
    "Not on you, Rory."

10. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

they could, and it did cross my mind as I typed the post, but only if it involves Amy, and obviously only if its important to the plot ;)

11. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

:guffaw:

Well played. That deserves some fish sticks and gagh!
    :lol:

12. 23skidoo

23skidoo Admiral Admiral

Actually I liked it a lot and I wish they'd gone through with the DVD release. Somewhere on my hard drive I have the vampire short story the BBC published too.

I was just meaning filed in terms of projects that are ignored in terms of being part of the canon. Technically speaking anything that is officially licensed is canon if you take letter of the law, but Dimensions in Time and Shalka and Fatal Death are the only items to be officially or universally "decanonized". Shalka was decanonized when Richard Grant's Ninth Doctor was replaced by Eccleston's Ninth Doctor. But I like Shalka just fine and was quite happy that Jacobi and Sophie O got their chance to do so-called "official" Who later on.

It is a standalone - not connected to either the ongoing DW or Trek titles - so they could do something like that. The "it's a dream" gambit has also crossed my mind.

Probably a good thing RTD's idea never came through! ;) Oh well, it survived the damage by Eastenders...

Actually, that's the entire text. It's on the blog at dwin.org - the post consists of the Amy/Rory/Doctor on the Bridge image Bleeding Cool posted and, well... "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Heh.

To be fair, they're a good-humored bunch at DWIN so while the reaction has been generally negative, that particular post likely had a fair serving of tongue in cheek!

Alex

13. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Here we go again ... A reminder - There is no such thing as "Doctor Who Canon." You're thinking Star Trek, where there is such a thing. DW re-writes its history all the time.

14. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

QFT.

15. CaptainMatt

CaptainMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

And yet there was a so-called 'canon-keeper' in the 1980s hired by John Nathan-Turner. He was called Ian Levine. How good he did his job, however, is another matter entirely...LOL

16. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I think the last thing we need to worry about is canon in an IDW comic, a comic which is after all licensed only for America (as I understand it), there is no need what so ever to consider any IDW comic anything more than you want it to be, be it canon or not.

Of course I speak far to too soon as we do not know the plot and how the Whoverse and the Trekverse come to interact.

Lets wait and see what is printed before we start to flip about canon, for all we know, this is a story imagined by a character, not a real story at all, im not saying I think that is how it should be, but its possibility.

17. CaptainMatt

CaptainMatt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I concur with the esteemable wamdue!

18. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I've seen similar sentiments at Gallifrey Base; because this isn't a Panini product, it can't possibly "count." Never mind that this crossover would have to go through the exact same approval process that Panini's own Doctor Who comics go through. :)

That said, indications are right now that this project will be the first IDW Doctor Who product available officially in the UK.

19. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

you can count it if you want to, but not counting this, is not the same as not counting a random episode which you didnt really like the plot of.

Personally I only really count the TV show, everything else is a bonus that doesn't need to be worried about. That said im still not sure what to do with the Torchwood Radio series, it is official BBC product after all.

Much the same from the Star Trek side of this, again its a IDW comic, not a TV episode.

20. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

Does anyone know if this will be available to download on iPhone?